|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
(b) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
(c) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(d) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
2. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is poorly written.
(b) They love it.
(c) They have serious reservations.
(d) They think it is heretical.
3. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(b) The Frankel library.
(c) Professor Gordon's home.
(d) A sailboat on the East River.
4. What enrages Michael and causes him to organize a group of boys to try to get out of the treatment center?
(a) Professor Gordon telling Michael he will be disinherited.
(b) Michael learning that Danny and Rachel are involved romantically.
(c) Learning that Professor Gordon has conceded many issues to the orthodoxy.
(d) Danny telling Michael he is to be institutionalized.
5. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's humility.
(b) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(c) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(d) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven notice about his father?
2. Who is Abe Greenfield?
3. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
4. Who asks Danny to visit?
5. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)