|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
(b) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
(c) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(d) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
2. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(b) A sailboat on the East River.
(c) The Frankel library.
(d) Professor Gordon's home.
3. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Kalman apologized to a student.
(b) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(c) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(d) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
4. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
(b) Finite mathematics.
(c) Advanced calculus.
5. With whom does Greenfield argue?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
2. Who asks Danny to visit?
3. What does Danny say about Michael?
4. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
5. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)