|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Kalman apologize?
(d) Professor Gordon.
2. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She types his manuscripts.
(b) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(c) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(d) She proofs his writing.
3. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
(a) To teach a class on heterodoxy.
(b) To talk to Kalman about the tension between the two.
(c) To help Reuven's father feel better.
(d) To leave seminary.
4. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
(a) Most of the reformists.
(b) The orthodox immigrant faculty where David Malter works.
(c) Only the most extremist at Kalman's school.
(d) No one; all know it is just the usualy academic give and take.
5. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He decides not to return.
(b) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(c) He has never been in seminary.
(d) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
2. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
3. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
4. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
5. When does Michael begin treatment?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)