|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) From working so hard on a new book.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) Because he has had the flu.
(d) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
2. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(b) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(c) She types his manuscripts.
(d) She proofs his writing.
3. What is Abe Greenfield's area of expertise?
4. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
(b) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
(c) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(d) David Malter may lose his job.
5. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
(a) Most of the reformists.
(b) No one; all know it is just the usualy academic give and take.
(c) The orthodox immigrant faculty where David Malter works.
(d) Only the most extremist at Kalman's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
2. To whom does Kalman apologize?
3. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
4. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
5. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)