|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
(b) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
(c) A letter from Michael to his father.
(d) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
2. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
(b) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(c) David Malter may lose his job.
(d) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
3. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He decides not to return.
(b) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(c) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(d) He has never been in seminary.
4. What is Reuven's opinion about the proposed treatment for Michael?
(a) He thinks it is unlikely to make a difference.
(b) He has no opinion.
(c) He supports Danny.
(d) He thinks it is cruel.
5. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
(b) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(c) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(d) As a mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
2. What does Danny say about Michael?
3. What do Danny and Michael discuss at the opening to Chapter 12?
4. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
5. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)