|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(b) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(c) That Kalman apologized to a student.
(d) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
2. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) From working so hard on a new book.
(b) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
(c) From his worldwide travels.
(d) Because he has had the flu.
3. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(b) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
(c) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
(d) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
4. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She proofs his writing.
(b) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(c) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(d) She types his manuscripts.
5. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is poorly written.
(b) They have serious reservations.
(c) They love it.
(d) They think it is heretical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
2. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
3. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
4. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
5. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)