|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) David Malter may lose his job.
(b) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
(c) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(d) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
2. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(b) His father dies.
(c) His house catches fire.
(d) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
3. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Professor Gordon's home.
(b) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(c) A sailboat on the East River.
(d) The Frankel library.
4. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) He is only mildly neurotic.
(c) He is quite mentally ill.
(d) There is nothing wrong with him.
5. Who is Abe Greenfield?
(a) A friend with whom Reuven is sailing.
(b) Danny's cousin.
(c) A student in Reuven's class at seminary.
(d) The young man Rachel is dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
2. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
3. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
4. What does Reuven notice about his father?
5. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)