|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) He has been ill.
(b) He is prepared.
(c) He had a major final in another class.
(d) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
2. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He seems depressed and sick.
(b) He seems more optimistic.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) He is moving on to other projects.
3. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) The Frankel library.
(b) A sailboat on the East River.
(c) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(d) Professor Gordon's home.
4. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
(a) Advanced calculus.
(b) Finite mathematics.
5. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
(a) The orthodox immigrant faculty where David Malter works.
(b) Only the most extremist at Kalman's school.
(c) No one; all know it is just the usualy academic give and take.
(d) Most of the reformists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
2. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
3. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
4. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
5. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)