|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) As a mitzvah.
(b) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
(c) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(d) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
2. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(b) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(c) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(d) That Kalman apologized to a student.
3. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
(b) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
(c) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(d) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
4. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
5. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He is moving on to other projects.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) He seems depressed and sick.
(d) He seems more optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abe Greenfield?
2. When does Reuven return to seminary?
3. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
4. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
5. With whom does Greenfield argue?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)