|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is poorly written.
(b) They have serious reservations.
(c) They think it is heretical.
(d) They love it.
2. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) All religions worship the same god.
(b) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(c) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(d) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
3. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) A sailboat on the East River.
(b) Professor Gordon's home.
(c) The Frankel library.
(d) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
4. What is Reuven's opinion about the proposed treatment for Michael?
(a) He thinks it is cruel.
(b) He thinks it is unlikely to make a difference.
(c) He has no opinion.
(d) He supports Danny.
5. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He is only mildly neurotic.
(d) He is quite mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
2. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
3. What do Danny and Michael discuss at the opening to Chapter 12?
4. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
5. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)