|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nuclear power plant malfunctioned just after the OPEC meeting?
(b) Calder Hall
(c) Three Mile Island
2. Permanent oil platforms had to withstand waves that were how high?
(a) 20 feet
(b) 90 feet
(c) 45 feet
(d) 60 feet
3. The prices of oil did what between 1970 and 1973?
(a) Fell sharply
(c) Remained the same
(d) Decreased by 10 percent
4. When did traffic in the Canal resume after the attack?
5. Who succeeded Nasser in 1970?
(a) Leonid Brezhnev
(b) Hafez al-Assad
(c) Golda Meir
(d) Anwar Sadat
Short Answer Questions
1. Oil producing countries were assigned quotas with what target in mind per day?
2. Which television show symbolized the greatest boom in history during the 1980s?
3. The "Arab oil embargo" consisted of what?
4. In what year was OPEC founded?
5. In the late 1970s, oil buyers did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is 1974 to 1978 known as OPEC's Golden Age?
2. What did Senator Henry ("Scoop") Jackson investigate? How did people respond to these investigations?
3. What effects did the Second Oil Shock have on the oil industry?
4. What was at the heart of the Arab oil embargo? How did other countries feel about the issues?
5. How did Britain respond to Nassar's demands about the Canal? How did Eisenhower feel about the events?
6. Who was "Sheikh" Ahmed Zaki Yamani? What impact did he have on the oil industry?
7. What actions did Sadat take toward Israel? What was his goal?
8. Who was Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini? What impact did he have on the oil industry?
9. Venezuela's Alirio Parra helped stabilize OPEC through a meeting with oil leaders. Why was the meeting held? What came out of this meeting?
10. Why did Iraqi troops invade Kuwait? What was the result?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)