|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company did John D. Rockefeller and Henry Flagler start?
(a) Standard Oil Company
(b) Irving Oil Company
(c) Citgo, Inc.
(d) Exxon Mobil, Inc.
2. Who favored favored domestic spending over war preparations against Germany in 1911?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Woodrow Wilson
(c) Nicholas II
(d) Nelson Mandela
3. In December 1941, Japan bombed what target in the U.S.?
(a) San Diego Bay
(c) Pearl Harbor
(d) Channel Islands
4. U.S. oil production rose how much between 1940 and 1945?
5. The deals between countries and oil companies for royalties and other fees were referred to as what?
(a) Fifty/Fifty Deals
(b) Twenty/Eighty Deals
(c) Ten/Ninety Deals
(d) Sixty/Forty Deals
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteered to lead a cross-country motor caravan to demonstrate the value of motor transportation and to dramatize the need for better highways?
2. What did England sign in 1907 to foil German penetration into the Middle East?
3. How long did it take Japan to seize control of the oil in the East Indies?
4. What denied foreign interests access to drilling rights on public lands if their governments denied similar access to Americans?
5. What product grew rapidly after its first delivery to England in 1861?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exploration for oil that took place as Pennsylvania became depleted? Where was oil found?
2. What was part of Hitler's motivation to invade Russia? Why? Was he successful?
3. What was known about oil before the mid-nineteenth century? Why wasn't it used more?
4. In what parts of the world did oil drilling and production take place? Where were some of the challenges that oil companies faced in these regions and countries?
5. What happened to oil and gas consumption and demand in the United States after the war? What effects did this have?
6. Into what areas did Standard Oil expand? What was its place in oil production?
7. What did Germany use to try to disrupt oil distribution? What effect did this have?
8. What was the meeting at Achnacarry Castle about? Who was involved? What was the outcome?
9. How did the Shell employees in Borneo react to news of Pearl Harbor? Why did they react this way?
10. Why didn't FDR do anything when Japan invaded China? What did he consider?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)