|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stepped in to restore order as majors and independents feuded in the United States?
(a) California Oil Association (COA)
(b) United States Automobile Association (USAA)
(c) North American Oil Commission (NAOC)
(d) Texas Railroad Commission (TRC)
2. Japan's original war plan was that how much oil would be sufficient for victory?
(a) 9 week's worth
(b) 2 years' worth
(c) 5 years' worth
(d) 1 month's worth
3. What method of delivery for oil did the oil companies settle on to avoid teamster conflicts?
(b) Tanker trucks
4. U.S. oil production rose how much between 1940 and 1945?
5. The "horseless carriage" was developed by whom?
(a) Thomas Edison
(b) Alexander Graham Bell
(c) Orville Wright
(d) Henry Ford
Short Answer Questions
1. Who perfected the incandescent light bulb?
2. Which of the following was a parent company of Casoc?
3. In 1901, the Shah gave D'Arcy access to how much of the country?
4. Which German commander was stopped due to a lack of petrol in North Africa?
5. What denied foreign interests access to drilling rights on public lands if their governments denied similar access to Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Japanese war plan based on? Did these premises come true?
2. Who was Ibn Saud? Why did he become involved in the oil industry?
3. How did the Shell employees in Borneo react to news of Pearl Harbor? Why did they react this way?
4. Describe the exploration for oil that took place as Pennsylvania became depleted? Where was oil found?
5. What was the meeting at Achnacarry Castle about? Who was involved? What was the outcome?
6. What was one of most extraordinary engineering feats of WWII? Why was this done?
7. What event in 1947 in the Gulf of Mexico led to questions? What issues arose from this? What other products did the United States become interested in?
8. What was part of Hitler's motivation to invade Russia? Why? Was he successful?
9. Describe the beginning of the oil industry in Mexico. Why did Mexico cease to be a large oil producer?
10. What plans did Adolf Hitler have that depended on oil? What helped him in his projects to get away from Western oil?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)