|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Nazi-Soviet Pact of 1939 did what?
(a) Resumed Russian oil shipments to Germany
(b) Ended the Prussian War
(c) Gave Poland to Russia
(d) Created an alliance aganist Britain
2. Which nuclear power plant malfunctioned just after the OPEC meeting?
(b) Three Mile Island
(d) Calder Hall
3. In 1947, the Interior Department started a program to stockpile how many barrels of oil each day?
(a) Six hundred
(b) Two million
(c) Eight hundred thousand
(d) Four thousand
4. Who used radio to mobilize Arab nationalism and stir up the whole Third World?
(a) King Farouk
(b) Ali Razmara
(c) Gamal Abedel Nasser
(d) Saddam Hussein
5. Who was named Saudi Arabia's Director of Oil and Mining Affairs?
(a) Gamal Abedel Nasser
(b) President Betancourt
(c) Juan Pablo Pérez Alfonso
(d) Abdullah Tariki
Short Answer Questions
1. What did 100,000 people celebrate in 1970 in the United States?
2. Japan invaded which country in 1931?
3. Who prophesied that Middle Eastern governments would some day threaten the oil-dependent West?
4. What product grew rapidly after its first delivery to England in 1861?
5. Who did FDR appoint to head the Department of the Interior, in addition to the newly created positions of Oil Administrator and Public Works Administrator?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)