|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who launched an investigation into Standard Oil?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt
(b) Woodrow Wilson
(c) Mark Twain
(d) H. H. Rogers
2. In the early 1930s, the United States provided how much of Japan's oil imports?
3. Shell employees at Balikapan in Borneo reacted to Pearl Harbor how?
(a) They stopped production, sabotaged wells, and set wharves ablaze.
(b) They stepped up production and prepared to expand the operation.
(c) They slowed production, hid oil supplies, and built bunkers for themselves.
(d) They increased production, drilled new wells, and exported oil to the U.S.
4. What was Abdullah Tariki's nickname?
(a) Shah of Petroleum
(b) Red Sheikh
(d) Oil King
5. Which country put an embargo on Iranian imports?
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did John D. Rockefeller and Henry Flagler start?
2. Who become the symbol of the new age of oil?
3. Permanent oil platforms had to withstand waves that were how high?
4. Who did Carter admit to the US for medical treatment?
5. In August 1928, Deterding met where with Heinrich Riedemann of Jersey Standard-Germany, Cadman of APOC, William Mellon of Gulf, Robert Stewart of Indiana and others to discuss the oil industry?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)