|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most competitive market in the world in the 1950s-60s?
(d) South America
2. Japan's original war plan was that how much oil would be sufficient for victory?
(a) 1 month's worth
(b) 5 years' worth
(c) 9 week's worth
(d) 2 years' worth
3. Who did FDR appoint to head the Department of the Interior, in addition to the newly created positions of Oil Administrator and Public Works Administrator?
(a) Adam Joiner
(b) August Hogg
(c) Harold Ickes
(d) Thomas Stirling
4. Which country was not represented at the meeting?
(d) The United States
5. The exporters' combined earnings was how much in 1977?
(a) 22 million
(b) 420 billion
(c) 140 billion
(d) 75 million
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country seized Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights?
2. RDSG geologists put which country atop the list of potential oil finds?
3. Which conflict in the Pacific was decisive victory for the Americans and turned the tide of battle between Japan and the United States?
4. The Royal Dutch company joined forces with what other oil company in 1907?
5. Who toured the Middle East and believed it to be "the greatest prize in history" because of its oil?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)