Prologue | Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Who favored favored domestic spending over war preparations against Germany in 1911?
(a) Nicholas II
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Nelson Mandela
(d) Woodrow Wilson
2. What was lacking in the mid-19th century in regard to oil?
(a) A use for it
(b) A belief in oil's uses
(c) The technology to convert oil to something usable
(d) An economical way to harvest it
3. "Colonel" Edwin Drake applied the salt drilling techniques of what country to oil?
4. What sprung up to process crude oil into kerosene?
5. Oil prices dropped after what event?
(a) The Civil War
(c) World War I
(d) The Vietnam War
6. What method of delivery for oil did the oil companies settle on to avoid teamster conflicts?
(d) Tanker trucks
Part 1, Chapter 2 | Part 1, Chapter 3
7. Who bought out Maurice Clark for $72,000?
(a) Woodrow Wilson
(b) John D. Rockefeller
(c) Daniel Standard
(d) Marvin H. Davis
8. What company did John D. Rockefeller and Henry Flagler start?
(a) Citgo, Inc.
(b) Exxon Mobil, Inc.
(c) Standard Oil Company
(d) Irving Oil Company
This section contains 3,564 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)