|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly states that man's mind is most susceptible to what?
2. Folly says that popes would lose all advantages if they showed what?
3. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
4. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
(c) The gods.
5. Whom does Folly consider happier than Odysseus (also known as Ulysses)?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Folly describe as "thrifty, impoverished, miserable, grumpy, harsh and unjust to himself, disagreeable and prematurely white-haired and senile . . ."?
2. Folly states that Christ compared himself with which foolish animal?
3. In Folly's opinion, no one would be induced to take on the duties of a king without what?
4. In creation, God forbade man to eat of which tree?
5. Which group of people is Folly doubtful about admitting to her fellowship?
Short Essay Questions
1. While interpreting Paul's words, "I speak as a fool, I am more," Folly digresses to speak about what?
2. How does Folly relate to sin in the cases of Aaron, Saul, David, and Paul?
3. According to Folly, how did Christ show folly?
4. According to Folly, which kind of authors are happy?
5. How does Folly argue that flattery is not incompatible with sincerity?
6. How does Folly compare theologians to the apostles?
7. Before using the Scriptures, which authorities does Folly cite as supporting her?
8. Where in the courts of kings does Folly say that she is evident?
9. After comparing herself to Bacchus, in what ways does Folly consider herself superior to the other gods?
10. How does Folly explain that humans amuse the gods?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)