|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all artists have, according to Folly?
2. Which wise men of his day did Folly say that Christ attacked?
(a) Rhetoricians, orators, and Stoics.
(c) Pharisees, scribes, and teachers of the Law.
3. Euripides says that the wise man has two what?
4. Whom does Folly hold responsible for introducing the branches of learning?
(c) Evil spirits.
5. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly states that Christ's disciples were told not to use what in defending themselves?
2. How does Folly describe the schools where schoolmasters teach?
3. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
4. Who protested when his friends rescued him from delusion?
5. Folly states that which group of people listens to the preaching of monks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Folly state that monks are foolish?
2. Where in the courts of kings does Folly say that she is evident?
3. How does Folly argue that flattery is not incompatible with sincerity?
4. According to Folly, which kind of authors are happy?
5. How does Folly argue that Fortune favors the foolish?
6. While interpreting Paul's words, "I speak as a fool, I am more," Folly digresses to speak about what?
7. Why does Folly say that kings like to be around fools?
8. What examples does Folly give of the benevolent form of insanity?
9. How does Folly compare theologians to the apostles?
10. How does Folly differentiate between the two types of insanity?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)