|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly states that man's mind is most susceptible to what?
2. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
3. Among the learned men, whom does Folly call the most self-satisfied?
4. Who does Folly call unpopular, although they are happy because of their self-satisfaction?
5. Who protested when his friends rescued him from delusion?
(c) Horace's Argive.
(d) Homer's Odysseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some foolish men believe will purify them from a lifetime of sin?
2. What does Folly say that priests battle for?
3. Whom does Folly consider to be the only god who shows no partiality?
4. Folly states that Christ compared himself with which foolish animal?
5. Men seek from saints that which belongs to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Folly say that schoolmasters are indebted to her?
2. How does Folly relate to sin in the cases of Aaron, Saul, David, and Paul?
3. How does Folly explain that humans amuse the gods?
4. How does Folly respond to the argument that foolishness is an unhappy state?
5. What does Ecclesiastes say about folly?
6. What example does Folly take from the animal kingdom to prove her point that the most foolish are the happiest?
7. What are naturally-born fools and idiots free from, according to Folly?
8. How does Folly differentiate between the two types of insanity?
9. Where in the courts of kings does Folly say that she is evident?
10. Does Folly state that monks are foolish?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)