|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly says that to be foolish is not to be miserable, but to be what?
2. Making himself agreeable by flattery is a skill becoming to whom, according to Folly?
(a) A king.
(b) A courtier.
(c) A monk.
(d) A schoolmaster.
3. Whom does Folly hold responsible for introducing the branches of learning?
(d) Evil spirits.
4. Who does Folly call unpopular, although they are happy because of their self-satisfaction?
5. According to Folly, members of the church hierarchy leave everything to devote themselves to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly states that examples from what prove that flattery can be sincere?
2. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
3. What do all artists have, according to Folly?
4. What do men gain by hunting, in Folly's opinion?
5. To whom does God reveal the mystery of salvation, according to Folly?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Folly, which legendary age produced the happiest people, and why?
2. Explain the communal form of Self-love, which Folly claims Nature has implanted.
3. What are naturally-born fools and idiots free from, according to Folly?
4. How does Folly respond to the argument that foolishness is an unhappy state?
5. While interpreting Paul's words, "I speak as a fool, I am more," Folly digresses to speak about what?
6. Where in the courts of kings does Folly say that she is evident?
7. How does Folly argue that Fortune favors the foolish?
8. How does Folly relate to sin in the cases of Aaron, Saul, David, and Paul?
9. Before using the Scriptures, which authorities does Folly cite as supporting her?
10. How does Folly explain that humans amuse the gods?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)