|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His mistakes.
(c) His ego.
(d) His wisdom.
2. What does the name "Bishop" mean?
3. Folly says that to be foolish is not to be miserable, but to be what?
4. According to Folly, members of the church hierarchy leave everything to devote themselves to what?
5. What do some foolish men believe will purify them from a lifetime of sin?
(a) A single coin.
(c) A sacrificed pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
2. Folly observes priests doing what with their duties?
3. What do men gain by hunting, in Folly's opinion?
4. Folly states that man's mind is most susceptible to what?
5. How does Folly describe the schools where schoolmasters teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are naturally-born fools and idiots free from, according to Folly?
2. How does Folly argue that Fortune favors the foolish?
3. How does Folly compare theologians to the apostles?
4. How does Folly respond to the argument that foolishness is an unhappy state?
5. What example does Folly take from the animal kingdom to prove her point that the most foolish are the happiest?
6. According to Folly, who was happier: Gryllus or Odysseus? Why?
7. What examples does Folly give of the benevolent form of insanity?
8. How does Folly differentiate between the two types of insanity?
9. According to Folly, which legendary age produced the happiest people, and why?
10. While interpreting Paul's words, "I speak as a fool, I am more," Folly digresses to speak about what?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)