|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Erasmus date his Prefatory Letter?
2. In Folly's opinion, what develops prudence?
3. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
4. What does Folly say that the stoics degrade in public?
5. Folly states that not wanting more than your share of wisdom is a true sign of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who segregated passions from the wise man?
2. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
3. How does Folly claim she is delivering her speech?
4. Because Folly dispenses every benefit to all alike, what does she think she should be named?
5. What calmed a violent Roman mob?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)