|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who segregated passions from the wise man?
(a) The Sophists.
(b) The Epicureans.
(d) The Stoics.
2. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
(a) St. Jerome.
(b) The Apostle Paul.
3. Those born foolish are free from what?
(a) Happiness and bliss.
(b) Jobs and occupations.
(c) Fears and pangs of conscience.
4. By Stoic definition, what does folly mean?
(a) Moved by the passions.
(b) Without wisdom.
(c) Belonging to women.
(d) Given to frivolity.
5. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
(a) Be born of a god.
(b) Be immortal.
(c) Help mortals.
(d) Have divine powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
2. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
3. Folly claims that all emotions belong to whom?
4. What does Zeus have to put aside in order to make a child?
5. Whom does Folly hold responsible for introducing the branches of learning?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)