|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly says that God takes great pleasure in whom?
(a) His apostles only.
(c) A select few.
(d) The wise.
2. What is Folly's temple?
(a) The whole world.
(b) The sky.
(c) The minds of men.
(d) The ocean.
3. Folly believes that medicine and law are an aspect of what?
4. Folly states that a single system of what provides continuous torture for life?
5. Who does Folly call unpopular, although they are happy because of their self-satisfaction?
6. Who, according to Folly, believes they support the church by their syllogisms, and without them it would fall?
(d) The apostles.
7. The people of which age lived happily without science or learning?
(a) The Age of Innocence.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Golden Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
8. Folly states that man's mind is most susceptible to what?
9. Folly states that Christ's disciples were told not to use what in defending themselves?
(a) Witty answers.
(c) God's wisdom.
(d) Their own intelligence.
10. Whom does Fortune favor?
(a) The lazy and insipid.
(b) The slow and ambling.
(c) The cautious and wise.
(d) The injudicious and venturesome.
11. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
(a) His ego.
(b) His mistakes.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His wisdom.
12. According to Folly, members of the church hierarchy leave everything to devote themselves to what?
13. What do some foolish men believe will purify them from a lifetime of sin?
(a) A single coin.
(b) A sacrificed pig.
14. The Stoics believed that nothing is as pitiable as what?
(a) Religious devotion.
15. Folly believes that the happiest men use for their guide only whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are poets not as much in debt to Folly as schoolmasters are?
2. Which god claims to free the mind from care?
3. Folly states that which group of people listens to the preaching of monks?
4. Who are under the protection of the gods and Folly?
5. Folly says that to be foolish is not to be miserable, but to be what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)