|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
2. Folly states that examples from what prove that flattery can be sincere?
3. What did Aaron, Saul, and David all point to as an excuse for their sins?
4. Unlike the goddess Diana, Folly does not demand what?
5. Philosophers say that man can compensate for what nature has denied him by what?
6. How does Folly describe the schools where schoolmasters teach?
(a) Storehouses of knowledge.
(b) Treadmills and torture chambers.
(c) Citadels of wisdom.
(d) Quiet places of study.
7. Those who take pride in their ancestry lead happy lives, thanks to whom?
8. About whom is Folly speaking in the following: "They pay high tribute to folly in believing that what can't be refuted by argument can often be parried by laughter."
9. What do all artists have, according to Folly?
10. What do some foolish men believe will purify them from a lifetime of sin?
(a) A sacrificed pig.
(d) A single coin.
11. The people of which age lived happily without science or learning?
(a) The Age of Innocence.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Middle Ages.
12. Folly states that Christ compared himself with which foolish animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A kitten.
13. Which animal does Folly pity for being made to work with men?
(a) The donkey.
(b) The horse.
(c) The dog.
(d) The ox.
14. Euripides says that the wise man has two what?
15. Folly argues that she alone can make sin what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can speak the truth without giving offense, according to Folly?
2. Who does Folly call unpopular, although they are happy because of their self-satisfaction?
3. Which group of people is Folly doubtful about admitting to her fellowship?
4. According to Folly, members of the church hierarchy leave everything to devote themselves to what?
5. Folly states that which group of people listens to the preaching of monks?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)