|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can speak the truth without giving offense, according to Folly?
2. Which character represents "flattery given to another"?
3. To whom, according to Folly, did Christ unfailingly preach folly?
(b) His apostles.
(c) Wise men.
4. According to Folly, who stretch the Holy Scriptures like a tanner with a hide?
5. Whom does Folly describe as "thrifty, impoverished, miserable, grumpy, harsh and unjust to himself, disagreeable and prematurely white-haired and senile . . ."?
(a) The idiot.
(b) The fool.
(c) The wise man.
(d) The aged man.
6. To whom does God reveal the mystery of salvation, according to Folly?
(a) Lawyers and theologians.
(b) Little children.
(c) Rhetoricians, orators, and Stoics.
(d) The wise.
7. Whom does Folly consider happier than Odysseus (also known as Ulysses)?
8. Why are poets not as much in debt to Folly as schoolmasters are?
(a) Poets are more foolish.
(b) Poets are a free race.
(c) Poets do not live as long as schoolmasters.
(d) There are fewer poets.
9. Which nation shows its self-love by claiming a monopoly on polite manners?
10. What does the name "Bishop" mean?
11. Folly states that man's mind is most susceptible to what?
12. Which insect does Folly consider happy for following its natural instincts?
(a) The grasshopper.
(b) The bee.
(c) The butterfly.
(d) The wasp.
13. As Folly prepares to call on the Holy Scriptures for support, what does she wish to wear?
(a) A priest's stole.
(b) A fool's cap.
(c) A monk's robe.
(d) A theologian's garb.
14. Folly says that God takes great pleasure in whom?
(a) His apostles only.
(b) The wise.
(c) A select few.
15. What is Folly's temple?
(a) The minds of men.
(b) The sky.
(c) The whole world.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly believes that medicine and law are an aspect of what?
2. Folly states that examples from what prove that flattery can be sincere?
3. How does Folly describe the schools where schoolmasters teach?
4. Who does Folly say refutes pagan philosophers by their way of life rather than syllogisms?
5. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)