Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Preface
1. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
2. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
3. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
4. What first put the idea of The Praise of Folly into Erasmus's head?
5. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
6. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
7. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
8. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
9. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet...
This section contains 2,135 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)