|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
(a) Zeus and Mars.
(b) Revelry and Sound Sleep.
(c) Mirth and Longevity.
(d) Zeus and Theseus.
2. Who said, "Happy the states where either philosophers are kings or kings are philosophers"?
3. What is Folly's temple?
(a) The sky.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The minds of men.
(d) The whole world.
4. With whom does Folly say that the Christian religion has a kinship?
5. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A boat.
(d) A stagecoach.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, who have no thought for the body and despise wealth?
2. Folly argues that she alone can make sin what?
3. Which nymph among Folly's aids claps her hands, with laughter in her eyes?
4. Who is the father of Folly?
5. According to Folly, what is the seed and source of all deeds which win praise?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)