|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Folly say that the Christian religion has a kinship?
2. According to Folly, man's happiness depends not upon facts, but upon what?
(a) His opinions.
(b) His money.
(c) His friends.
(d) His possessions.
3. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
4. Which wise man was driven to drink hemlock because of wisdom?
5. Folly observes priests doing what with their duties?
(a) Embracing them wholeheartedly.
(b) Leaving them for another day.
(c) Questioning them.
(d) Delegating them to subordinates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
2. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
3. What does Folly accuse of causing the bloom of youthful beauty to fade?
4. Who is the father of Folly?
5. Unlike the goddess Diana, Folly does not demand what?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)