|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which insect does Folly consider happy for following its natural instincts?
(a) The grasshopper.
(b) The bee.
(c) The wasp.
(d) The butterfly.
2. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
3. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
(a) Mirth and Longevity.
(b) Revelry and Sound Sleep.
(c) Zeus and Theseus.
(d) Zeus and Mars.
4. Folly states that Christ compared himself with which foolish animal?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A dog.
(d) A kitten.
5. Folly believes that the happiest men use for their guide only whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
2. Who or what does Folly say provides the gods with laughter, sport, and fun?
3. Folly says that popes would lose all advantages if they showed what?
4. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
5. Who does Folly call unpopular, although they are happy because of their self-satisfaction?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)