|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Folly describe a wise man without emotions?
(a) An animal.
(b) A monster.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A doormat.
2. By Stoic definition, what does folly mean?
(a) Moved by the passions.
(b) Given to frivolity.
(c) Without wisdom.
(d) Belonging to women.
3. If someone could look down upon the life of man as Jove does, what does Folly say he would see?
(a) Many disasters.
(b) Great folly.
(c) Many blessings.
(d) Ease and comfort.
4. Who, according to Folly, interpret the Holy Scripture to fit their own purposes?
5. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two nymphs nursed Folly?
2. Euripides says that the wise man has two what?
3. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
4. In the Holy Scriptures, which man says "I speak as a fool, I am more"?
5. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)