|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
2. If someone could look down upon the life of man as Jove does, what does Folly say he would see?
(a) Great folly.
(b) Many disasters.
(c) Ease and comfort.
(d) Many blessings.
3. Folly is the true bestower of what?
(b) Long life.
(d) Good things.
4. What first put the idea of The Praise of Folly into Erasmus's head?
(a) A humorous event on his trip.
(b) A book he was reading.
(c) His friend's family name.
(d) His dream.
5. How did Folly begin life?
(a) Smiling sweetly.
(c) Running and jumping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
2. Which soldier was "as cowardly in battle as he was skilled in speech-making"?
3. Erasmus says he wants to survey the ridiculous rather than the what?
4. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
5. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)