|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In criticizing the men of his day, whom does Erasmus name?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) The pope.
(c) Several political leaders.
(d) No one.
2. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
(b) The gods.
3. In creation, God forbade man to eat of which tree?
(a) The tree of knowledge.
(b) The tree of folly.
(c) The tree of love.
(d) The tree of hate.
4. Folly claims that all emotions belong to whom?
5. Who considers themselves gods on earth if they can use Greek words in their speeches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
2. What does Folly say that priests battle for?
3. Folly states that which group of people listens to the preaching of monks?
4. According to Erasmus, nothing is more entertaining than treating what in such a way as to make it clear you are doing anything but trifling with them?
5. How was Folly born?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)