|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly states that not wanting more than your share of wisdom is a true sign of what?
2. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
(a) The intelligent.
(b) The insane.
3. Who can speak the truth without giving offense, according to Folly?
4. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
5. Folly says that God takes great pleasure in whom?
(b) His apostles only.
(c) The wise.
(d) A select few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the ancient sophists praise?
2. What does Folly state is necessary for a woman to agree to wedlock?
3. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
4. Whom does Folly consider happier than Odysseus (also known as Ulysses)?
5. Which wise man was driven to drink hemlock because of wisdom?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)