|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which wise men of his day did Folly say that Christ attacked?
(c) Pharisees, scribes, and teachers of the Law.
(d) Rhetoricians, orators, and Stoics.
2. The people of which age lived happily without science or learning?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Age of Innocence.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Golden Age.
3. According to Folly, members of the church hierarchy leave everything to devote themselves to what?
4. Folly states that a single system of what provides continuous torture for life?
5. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
(a) The intelligent.
(d) The insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly states that Christ's disciples were told not to use what in defending themselves?
2. Folly states that which group of people listens to the preaching of monks?
3. What does Folly say that priests battle for?
4. Which book of the Bible does Folly first quote as speaking on her behalf?
5. How does Folly describe the whole life of man?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)