|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Folly consider her sister?
2. The Stoics believed that nothing is as pitiable as what?
(b) Religious devotion.
3. How was Folly born?
(a) Her father married her mother.
(b) Her father laid with a nymph.
(c) Her father made her spring from his brain.
(d) She does not know.
4. How does Folly describe the whole life of man?
(a) A stage play.
(b) Dust in the wind.
(c) A walk in the park.
(d) A novel.
5. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, to whom does life owe its beginning?
2. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
3. What do men gain by hunting, in Folly's opinion?
4. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
5. Who segregated passions from the wise man?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)