|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which wise man was driven to drink hemlock because of wisdom?
2. How does Folly describe the whole life of man?
(a) A novel.
(b) A walk in the park.
(c) Dust in the wind.
(d) A stage play.
3. According to Folly, to whom does life owe its beginning?
4. Whom did Erasmus make the narrator of his book?
(a) The pope.
5. Which two nymphs nursed Folly?
(a) Flattery and Innocence.
(b) Melancholy and Wistfulness.
(c) Drunkenness and Ignorance.
(d) Drunkennes and Debauchery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly's father is the god of what?
2. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
3. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
4. Folly says that to be foolish is not to be miserable, but to be what?
5. Whom does Folly consider happier than Odysseus (also known as Ulysses)?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)