|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents "flattery given to another"?
2. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
(d) The gods.
3. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
4. Which animal does Folly pity for being made to work with men?
(a) The horse.
(b) The donkey.
(c) The dog.
(d) The ox.
5. According to Folly, if wisdom became more widespread among men, what would result?
(a) More compassion.
(b) Less suicide.
(c) Less compassion.
(d) More suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, to whom does life owe its beginning?
2. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
3. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
4. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
5. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)