|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
2. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
(a) Henry VIII.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Thomas More.
3. Folly states that not wanting more than your share of wisdom is a true sign of what?
4. Folly dresses in unaccustomed garb because she is imitating whom?
(d) The Sophists.
5. What does Folly state is necessary for a woman to agree to wedlock?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which age in a man's life does Folly describe as the happiest?
2. What is Folly's temple?
3. Who can speak the truth without giving offense, according to Folly?
4. Folly claims that all emotions belong to whom?
5. What does Zeus have to put aside in order to make a child?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)