|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly considers emotions to be what in relation to wisdom?
(b) Guides and incentives.
(d) Slaves and subjects.
2. In Folly's opinion, what develops prudence?
3. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
(a) The greatest fools.
(b) The learned.
(c) The noblemen.
4. Which poet wrote, "For ignorance provides the happiest life"?
5. In which year did Erasmus date his Prefatory Letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
2. Folly states that a man must love whom in order to love anyone?
3. According to Erasmus, nothing is more entertaining than treating what in such a way as to make it clear you are doing anything but trifling with them?
4. What is the best name for those who are complete fools, but try to pass as wise men?
5. Who does Folly say makes men satisfied with themselves?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)