|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
2. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Old Comedy or Homer.
(b) Morality Plays.
(c) Old Comedy or Lucian.
(d) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
3. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A play.
(c) An argument.
(d) A treatise.
4. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
(a) Henry VIII.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) Thomas More.
5. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
2. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
3. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
4. If someone could look down upon the life of man as Jove does, what does Folly say he would see?
5. According to Erasmus, nothing is so trivial as treating what in a trivial manner?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)