|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) St. Jerome.
2. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
(a) Serious prose.
(c) Honorific titles.
(d) Pedantic poetry.
3. Through ignorance, thoughtlessness, and forgetfulness, what effect does Folly have on man?
(a) Shame and infamy.
(b) Reluctance to leave life.
(d) Desire to leave earth.
4. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Morality Plays.
(b) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
(c) Old Comedy or Lucian.
(d) Old Comedy or Homer.
5. Whom does Folly consider more foolish than men?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, what is the seed and source of all deeds which win praise?
2. Who does Folly say makes men satisfied with themselves?
3. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
4. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
5. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)