|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
(a) Honorific titles.
(b) Serious prose.
(d) Pedantic poetry.
2. What does Folly say everyone finds delightful about adolescence?
3. Whom did Erasmus make the narrator of his book?
(b) The pope.
4. Which poet wrote, "For ignorance provides the happiest life"?
5. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
(b) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Folly accuse of causing the bloom of youthful beauty to fade?
2. According to Folly, if wisdom became more widespread among men, what would result?
3. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
4. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
5. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)