|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Folly consider her sister?
2. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
3. Folly dresses in unaccustomed garb because she is imitating whom?
(a) The Sophists.
4. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
5. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
(b) Middle Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Folly praise?
2. Which soldier was "as cowardly in battle as he was skilled in speech-making"?
3. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
4. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
5. What calmed a violent Roman mob?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)