|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Folly, who provides all advantages in life?
2. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
3. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
4. Who is the father of Folly?
5. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
(a) Honorific titles.
(b) Pedantic poetry.
(c) Serious prose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grows in the place of Folly's birth?
2. How does Folly describe a wise man without emotions?
3. Whom did the ancient sophists praise?
4. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
5. Erasmus says he wants to survey the ridiculous rather than the what?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)