|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
2. According to Erasmus, nothing is so trivial as treating what in a trivial manner?
(b) The mundane.
(d) Serious subjects.
3. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
(a) Warning and advice.
(b) Criticism and dissent.
(c) Innocent jokes.
(d) Allegorical interpretation.
4. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(b) A moral awareness.
(d) A guilty conscience.
5. Which poet wrote, "For ignorance provides the happiest life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Folly born?
2. What grows in the place of Folly's birth?
3. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
4. Folly is the true bestower of what?
5. Folly states that not wanting more than your share of wisdom is a true sign of what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)