|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Stoic definition, what does folly mean?
(a) Without wisdom.
(b) Belonging to women.
(c) Moved by the passions.
(d) Given to frivolity.
2. What is the best name for those who are complete fools, but try to pass as wise men?
3. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
4. Which poet wrote, "For ignorance provides the happiest life"?
5. Because Folly dispenses every benefit to all alike, what does she think she should be named?
(a) "Fountain of Blessings"
(b) "Goddess Divine."
(c) "Alpha" of all gods.
(d) "Benefactor" of all men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
2. Erasmus follows the well-known popular proverb that states that a man should do what?
3. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
4. What grows in the place of Folly's birth?
5. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)