|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly's father is the god of what?
2. What happens when Folly begins addressing the crowd?
(a) They fall asleep.
(b) They become mad.
(c) They become cheerful.
(d) They start jeering.
3. Which age in a man's life does Folly describe as the happiest?
(a) The middle.
(b) The first.
(d) The last.
4. Whom does Folly consider more foolish than men?
5. Who does Folly say makes men satisfied with themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the least deceptive mirror of the mind?
2. Which nymph among Folly's aids claps her hands, with laughter in her eyes?
3. In criticizing the men of his day, whom does Erasmus name?
4. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
5. Which poet wrote, "For ignorance provides the happiest life"?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)