|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
2. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) Henry VIII.
3. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
(a) An editor of his book.
(b) A dedicated follower of Folly.
(c) A persecutor of Folly.
(d) A stout champion to Folly.
4. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
(a) Allegorical interpretation.
(b) Warning and advice.
(c) Criticism and dissent.
(d) Innocent jokes.
5. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
(a) The Apostle Paul.
(c) St. Jerome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
2. Folly states that a man must love whom in order to love anyone?
3. How does Folly claim she is delivering her speech?
4. What does Folly say that the stoics degrade in public?
5. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)