|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Folly consider more foolish than men?
2. Where was Folly born?
(a) The Island of Troy.
(b) Wandering Delos.
(c) The Islands of the Blest.
(d) A hollow cave.
3. What does Folly state is necessary for a woman to agree to wedlock?
4. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
(b) Middle Age.
5. According to Erasmus, nothing is so trivial as treating what in a trivial manner?
(b) The mundane.
(d) Serious subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Folly claim she is delivering her speech?
2. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
3. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
4. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
5. How did Folly begin life?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)