|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Folly consider more foolish than men?
2. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
(a) Innocent jokes.
(b) Allegorical interpretation.
(c) Criticism and dissent.
(d) Warning and advice.
3. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
(a) The king.
4. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
(b) Middle Age.
5. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
(a) Treacherous and rebellious.
(b) Immature and poorly written.
(d) Frivolous and sarcastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first put the idea of The Praise of Folly into Erasmus's head?
2. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
3. Which nymph among Folly's aids claps her hands, with laughter in her eyes?
4. What does Zeus have to put aside in order to make a child?
5. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)