|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(a) A guilty conscience.
(b) A moral awareness.
2. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
3. How does Folly claim she is delivering her speech?
(a) With intentionality and serious thought.
(b) With great emotion.
(d) Extempore, or unprepared.
4. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
5. Who does Folly say makes men satisfied with themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, who provides all advantages in life?
2. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
3. Whom did Erasmus make the narrator of his book?
4. Whom does Folly consider her sister?
5. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)