|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
2. What is the best name for those who are complete fools, but try to pass as wise men?
3. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
(a) Zeus and Theseus.
(b) Revelry and Sound Sleep.
(c) Mirth and Longevity.
(d) Zeus and Mars.
4. Whom did the ancient sophists praise?
(b) The learned.
(c) Gods and heroes.
5. Why are women willing to repeat childbirth, in Folly's opinion?
(c) Desire to please her husband.
(d) Maternal instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Folly praise?
2. Where was Folly born?
3. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
4. According to Erasmus, nothing is more entertaining than treating what in such a way as to make it clear you are doing anything but trifling with them?
5. Who is the father of Folly?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)