|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
(a) A boat.
(b) A stagecoach.
(c) A carriage.
2. Which two nymphs nursed Folly?
(a) Flattery and Innocence.
(b) Melancholy and Wistfulness.
(c) Drunkenness and Ignorance.
(d) Drunkennes and Debauchery.
3. Where was Folly born?
(a) The Islands of the Blest.
(b) The Island of Troy.
(c) A hollow cave.
(d) Wandering Delos.
4. Who considers themselves gods on earth if they can use Greek words in their speeches?
5. What is the least deceptive mirror of the mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
2. What is the best name for those who are complete fools, but try to pass as wise men?
3. Whom did Erasmus make the narrator of his book?
4. Folly is the true bestower of what?
5. What happens when Folly begins addressing the crowd?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)