|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Folly begins addressing the crowd?
(a) They start jeering.
(b) They become cheerful.
(c) They become mad.
(d) They fall asleep.
2. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
3. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
(a) Harsh words or war.
(b) Youth, immaturity, and pain.
(c) Toil, old age, and sickness.
4. According to Erasmus, nothing is so trivial as treating what in a trivial manner?
(a) The mundane.
(b) Serious subjects.
5. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(a) A guilty conscience.
(d) A moral awareness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly is the true bestower of what?
2. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
3. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
4. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
5. According to Erasmus, nothing is more entertaining than treating what in such a way as to make it clear you are doing anything but trifling with them?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)