|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
(a) The noblemen.
(b) The learned.
(c) The greatest fools.
2. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
(a) Youth, immaturity, and pain.
(c) Harsh words or war.
(d) Toil, old age, and sickness.
3. Erasmus follows the well-known popular proverb that states that a man should do what?
(a) Speak with false humility.
(b) Praise himself, if no one else will.
(c) Defame himself.
(d) Praise others before himself.
4. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
5. What is the least deceptive mirror of the mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
2. Which two nymphs nursed Folly?
3. Folly dresses in unaccustomed garb because she is imitating whom?
4. Erasmus says he wants to survey the ridiculous rather than the what?
5. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)