|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
(b) Old Comedy or Lucian.
(c) Old Comedy or Homer.
(d) Morality Plays.
2. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
(a) A persecutor of Folly.
(b) A stout champion to Folly.
(c) A dedicated follower of Folly.
(d) An editor of his book.
3. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(b) A guilty conscience.
(d) A moral awareness.
4. What happens when Folly begins addressing the crowd?
(a) They start jeering.
(b) They fall asleep.
(c) They become cheerful.
(d) They become mad.
5. According to Erasmus, nothing is so trivial as treating what in a trivial manner?
(b) Serious subjects.
(c) The mundane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
2. Erasmus says he wants to survey the ridiculous rather than the what?
3. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
4. Folly is the true bestower of what?
5. Whom did Erasmus make the narrator of his book?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)