|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god was given a name that means "foolish" in Greek?
2. Those born foolish are free from what?
(a) Happiness and bliss.
(c) Jobs and occupations.
(d) Fears and pangs of conscience.
3. What does Folly accuse of causing the bloom of youthful beauty to fade?
(a) Old age.
(b) Mature sense.
(d) Moral maturity.
4. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
(a) Be immortal.
(b) Help mortals.
(c) Have divine powers.
(d) Be born of a god.
5. Who is the father of Folly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
2. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
3. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
4. Erasmus follows the well-known popular proverb that states that a man should do what?
5. Folly observes priests doing what with their duties?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)