|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are women willing to repeat childbirth, in Folly's opinion?
(c) Desire to please her husband.
(d) Maternal instinct.
2. What is the best name for those who are complete fools, but try to pass as wise men?
3. Which insect does Folly consider happy for following its natural instincts?
(a) The bee.
(b) The wasp.
(c) The butterfly.
(d) The grasshopper.
4. Whom does Fortune favor?
(a) The injudicious and venturesome.
(b) The cautious and wise.
(c) The lazy and insipid.
(d) The slow and ambling.
5. Who is the father of Folly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Folly's temple?
2. Folly considers emotions to be what in relation to wisdom?
3. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
4. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
5. Folly is the true bestower of what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)