|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god was given a name that means "foolish" in Greek?
2. Folly states that examples from what prove that flattery can be sincere?
3. Where was Folly born?
(a) Wandering Delos.
(b) The Island of Troy.
(c) The Islands of the Blest.
(d) A hollow cave.
4. What does Folly say that the stoics degrade in public?
5. Folly says that to be foolish is not to be miserable, but to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In criticizing the men of his day, whom does Erasmus name?
2. Those who take pride in their ancestry lead happy lives, thanks to whom?
3. Which soldier was "as cowardly in battle as he was skilled in speech-making"?
4. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
5. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)