|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents "flattery given to another"?
2. Where was Folly born?
(a) The Islands of the Blest.
(b) A hollow cave.
(c) The Island of Troy.
(d) Wandering Delos.
3. Who does Folly say refutes pagan philosophers by their way of life rather than syllogisms?
(d) The apostles.
4. Because they are amusing, Folly claims that fools are the favorites of whom?
(c) The gods.
5. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Folly, who despises money?
2. What grows in the place of Folly's birth?
3. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
4. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
5. Folly dresses in unaccustomed garb because she is imitating whom?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)