|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men seek from saints that which belongs to whom?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
2. Those born foolish are free from what?
(a) Jobs and occupations.
(b) Fears and pangs of conscience.
(c) Happiness and bliss.
3. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
(a) Toil, old age, and sickness.
(b) Youth, immaturity, and pain.
(c) Harsh words or war.
4. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Morality Plays.
(b) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
(c) Old Comedy or Homer.
(d) Old Comedy or Lucian.
5. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
(a) His wisdom.
(b) His mistakes.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Folly dispenses every benefit to all alike, what does she think she should be named?
2. Erasmus remembers that someone wrote the last will and testament of the piglet Grunnius Corocotta, as mentioned by whom?
3. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
4. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
5. Whom does Folly consider happier than Odysseus (also known as Ulysses)?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)