|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
(a) A play.
(b) A treatise.
(c) A riddle.
(d) An argument.
2. Which god was given a name that means "foolish" in Greek?
3. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
(b) Middle Age.
4. What is unknown in the place of Folly's birth?
(a) Youth, immaturity, and pain.
(b) Toil, old age, and sickness.
(c) Harsh words or war.
5. In criticizing the men of his day, whom does Erasmus name?
(a) The pope.
(b) Several political leaders.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Folly state is necessary for friendship?
2. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
3. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
4. Folly's father is the god of what?
5. What is the least deceptive mirror of the mind?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)