|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
2. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
(b) Pedantic poetry.
(c) Serious prose.
(d) Honorific titles.
3. How does Folly claim she is delivering her speech?
(b) Extempore, or unprepared.
(c) With great emotion.
(d) With intentionality and serious thought.
4. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(a) A guilty conscience.
(c) A moral awareness.
5. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
2. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
3. What does Folly say that babies have that rewards those who look after them?
4. Erasmus states that jokes can be handled in such a way that a reader finds more reward in them than in a what?
5. Erasmus answers the charge that he is too sarcastic by saying that ________ has always enjoyed freedom to exercise their wit on the common life of man.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)