|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Folly say that babies have that rewards those who look after them?
(a) The charm of folly.
(b) The wisdom of folly.
(d) The beauty of Helen.
2. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Morality Plays.
(b) Old Comedy or Homer.
(c) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
(d) Old Comedy or Lucian.
3. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
(a) The greatest fools.
(c) The noblemen.
(d) The learned.
4. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
5. Erasmus follows the well-known popular proverb that states that a man should do what?
(a) Defame himself.
(b) Praise others before himself.
(c) Speak with false humility.
(d) Praise himself, if no one else will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
2. Which of the following does Erasmus name as a famous author who wrote frivolity?
3. Who is the father of Folly?
4. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
5. What does Folly accuse of causing the bloom of youthful beauty to fade?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)