|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the ancient sophists praise?
(a) The learned.
(c) Gods and heroes.
2. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
(a) Treacherous and rebellious.
(c) Frivolous and sarcastic.
(d) Immature and poorly written.
3. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
(a) Have divine powers.
(b) Help mortals.
(c) Be immortal.
(d) Be born of a god.
4. Folly is the true bestower of what?
(a) Good things.
(b) Long life.
5. Folly states that a man must love whom in order to love anyone?
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks at the beginning of The Praise of Folly?
2. What does Folly say that the stoics degrade in public?
3. Whom does Folly consider her sister?
4. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
5. What does Zeus have to put aside in order to make a child?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)