|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two gods in Folly's household?
(a) Revelry and Sound Sleep.
(b) Zeus and Mars.
(c) Zeus and Theseus.
(d) Mirth and Longevity.
2. What is the least deceptive mirror of the mind?
3. Erasmus complains that many people find jokes against popes and princes more offensive than what?
4. What happens when Folly begins addressing the crowd?
(a) They fall asleep.
(b) They become mad.
(c) They start jeering.
(d) They become cheerful.
5. Erasmus follows the well-known popular proverb that states that a man should do what?
(a) Praise others before himself.
(b) Defame himself.
(c) Speak with false humility.
(d) Praise himself, if no one else will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Folly states that a man must be what in order to be a father?
2. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
3. Where was Folly born?
4. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
5. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)