|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly is the true bestower of what?
(b) Good things.
(c) Long life.
2. What does Folly say that babies have that rewards those who look after them?
(b) The wisdom of folly.
(c) The beauty of Helen.
(d) The charm of folly.
3. Erasmus states that anyone who believes himself injured by Praise of Folly betrays what?
(b) A guilty conscience.
(c) A moral awareness.
4. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
5. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In criticizing the men of his day, whom does Erasmus name?
2. Folly states that a man must be what in order to be a father?
3. What does Erasmus request the recipient of his book to be?
4. What does Folly state is necessary for a woman to agree to wedlock?
5. Who is the only one who can gladden the hearts of gods and men, according to Folly?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)