|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Folly say makes men satisfied with themselves?
2. Whom does Folly describe as "thrifty, impoverished, miserable, grumpy, harsh and unjust to himself, disagreeable and prematurely white-haired and senile . . ."?
(a) The wise man.
(b) The aged man.
(c) The fool.
(d) The idiot.
3. Those born foolish are free from what?
(a) Fears and pangs of conscience.
(b) Happiness and bliss.
(c) Jobs and occupations.
4. According to Folly, to whom does life owe its beginning?
5. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are poets not as much in debt to Folly as schoolmasters are?
2. Because Folly dispenses every benefit to all alike, what does she think she should be named?
3. What does Zeus have to put aside in order to make a child?
4. According to Folly, if a doctor is foolish, what soars higher?
5. In Folly's opinion, no one would be induced to take on the duties of a king without what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)