1. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
(b) Thomas More.
(c) Henry VIII.
(d) Martin Luther.
2. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
3. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A boat.
(c) A stagecoach.
4. What first put the idea of The Praise of Folly into Erasmus's head?
(a) A humorous event on his trip.
(b) His friend's family name.
(c) His dream.
(d) A book he was reading.
5. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
6. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
(a) Treacherous and rebellious.
(b) Immature and poorly written.
(c) Frivolous and sarcastic.
7. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
(a) Old Comedy or Lucian.
(b) Old Comedy or Homer.
(c) Morality Plays.
(d) Old Comedy and Tragedy.
This section contains 3,437 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)