|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands beside Art in the dark when the group thinks someone is coming?
2. What does Art offer Sparks?
(a) A hat.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A rifle.
3. Where did Donald Martin claim to have come from?
(a) Jumping Jack, Oregon.
(b) Santa Ana, California.
(c) Sinking Spring, Ohio.
(d) Shooting Star, Texas.
4. How many head of cattle does Amigo claim to have seen?
(c) Forty five.
5. How many people stand with Davies when a vote is taken the next morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparks claim is in all men?
2. What does Gerald claim is the motivating factor of all men?
3. What surprises the posse as they approach the fire of the suspected rustlers?
4. Who else was in the coach?
5. Which group waits for the others to get into position before approaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group of riders heads the posse and what do they discover at the mountain path leading to the town of Pike's Hole?
2. Where do the men believe that the rustlers and their cattle might have stopped for the night?
3. What does Donald Martin tell the posse when he is questioned about the fact that he has cattle with Drew's brand on them in his possession?
4. What happens when the stage rides by the group on the mountain road to Pike's Hole?
5. What was the argument that Martin has with Davies, and why was it so important that Martin was willing to risk further wrath from his executioners?
6. When it is clear to Martin that the posse is not willing to help him to prove their innocence, what does Martin request?
7. Why don't the men in the posse believe Martin when he explains the situation to them?
8. What is the tone of the conversation between Gerard and Art as they are on the trail to Pike's Hole and how does Gerald see men and women in general?
9. Who does Tetley direct to be responsible for whipping the horses out from underneath the men who are about to be hanged and why?
10. What is so important about the letter Martin wrote to his wife that Davies is trying to convince others in the posse to read it?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)