|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man tell Tetley to confirm he couldn't have killed anyone?
(a) He is a Budhist and believes all life is sacred.
(b) He is afraid of guns.
(c) Mr Martin was with him the whole time.
(d) Mr. Martin won't let him have bullets in his gun.
2. Who recognizes the Mexican as Francisco Morez - a wanted man?
3. Where does the bullet hit him?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the stomach.
4. What does Art offer Sparks?
(b) A hat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rifle.
5. Who fired the shot?
(a) James Small.
(b) Jerry Carnes.
(c) Billy Cromwell.
(d) Jimmy Carnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people stand with Davies when a vote is taken the next morning?
2. Who is the first to realize that he has been shot?
3. Where does Martin claim to have gotten the cattle?
4. What did Sparks see happen when he was just a child?
5. How was Donald Martin killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is revealed when Juan attempts to escape that seems to be an irrefutable link between the three men and Kinkaid's death?
2. What does Sparks tell Art about as they wait in the shadows?
3. What is so important about the letter Martin wrote to his wife that Davies is trying to convince others in the posse to read it?
4. What is the tone of the conversation between Gerard and Art as they are on the trail to Pike's Hole and how does Gerald see men and women in general?
5. Why don't the men in the posse believe Martin when he explains the situation to them?
6. What happens when Mapes fires the shot that signaled the time to whip the horses out?
7. What makes Gil confront Tetley and why do they almost come to blows?
8. What happens when the stage rides by the group on the mountain road to Pike's Hole?
9. What group of riders heads the posse and what do they discover at the mountain path leading to the town of Pike's Hole?
10. When it is clear to Martin that the posse is not willing to help him to prove their innocence, what does Martin request?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)