|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Donald Martin claim to live?
(b) Pike's Hole.
(d) Ox-Bow Valley.
2. How does the Mexican in the trio respond to all questions at first?
(a) With silence.
(b) With disbelief.
(c) With angry justification.
(d) No Sabbey.
3. How many people stand with Davies when a vote is taken the next morning?
4. Where does Martin claim to have gotten the cattle?
(a) From Harley Drew.
(b) From Drew Charlie.
(c) From Drew Harley.
(d) From Charlie Drew.
5. How much did Martin pay for the ranch?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Four thousand dollars.
(c) Three thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davies do that upsets Donald?
2. Who's gun does Juan have?
3. Who recognizes the Mexican as Francisco Morez - a wanted man?
4. When Juan tries to escape, where does Farnley shoot him?
5. How many riders do Davies and Art count ahead of them when they finally get started?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Tetley and the rest of his group when they move in to confront the men they suspect of rustling and killing Kinkaid?
2. Why is the other evidence offered by Martin to support his claims of innocence refuted by the posse members?
3. Who does Art find himself standing next to when the posse scatters after someone is convinced that they heard someone coming and what does Art do despite Sparks' objections?
4. What is unusual about the fact that Art would give Sparks his coat, and why would many men not have done so?
5. What was the argument that Martin has with Davies, and why was it so important that Martin was willing to risk further wrath from his executioners?
6. What is the situation at the end of the Ox-Bow valley?
7. What bothers Gil most about the posse and their intentions?
8. What happens when the stage rides by the group on the mountain road to Pike's Hole?
9. Who does Tetley direct to be responsible for whipping the horses out from underneath the men who are about to be hanged and why?
10. Where do the men believe that the rustlers and their cattle might have stopped for the night?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)