|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse does Tetley ride?
(a) An Arab.
(b) A Belgian.
(c) A Palomino.
(d) A mule.
2. How do the rest of the men in the saloon respond?
(a) They believe the town is all but dead now, too.
(b) They believe the killer should be lynched.
(c) They offer to ride with him.
(d) They think the Sheriff is a lout.
3. Why is Farnley even more agitated?
(a) He was cut off by Canby.
(b) His wife left him.
(c) His friend Kincaid was shot.
(d) He lost his job.
4. Why have Gil and Art not been back to Bridger's Wells all winter?
(a) The job required they stay at the cabin.
(b) The snow was too deep.
(c) Their horses were stolen.
(d) They were too far away.
5. Who is the first to become unconscious as a result?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Art and Gil see while they are outside?
2. What winning argument does Tetley have for leaving immediately?
3. What does Gil soon get into?
4. How many rustlers did Amigo see?
5. What does Mapes do before everyone leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davies claim that lynch mobs are always wrong?
2. Other than the houses that dot the landscape, what businesses exist in Bridger's Wells?
3. What kind of alcohol does Canby have in his saloon, and what does he serve?
4. Why have Art and Gil been away from Bridger's Wells for so long?
5. What is Gil looking forward to most about getting back to Bridger's Wells this spring?
6. Why is Art later surprised that Bartlett managed to succeed in stirring up the men as easily as he did?
7. What does Canby tell Art and Gil regarding events they have missed while working through the winter?
8. Why do Art and Gil talk very little on the ride into Bridger's Wells?
9. Why is Gil so angry and disappointed when he learns that Rose has already left Bridger's Wells?
10. What does Davies believe that Farnley should do, and how many men agree with him?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)