|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up his winnings for him?
2. How many people arrive with Tetley?
3. What does store owner Davies suggest Farnley do?
(a) Form a posse of his own.
(b) That he handle the burial arrangements for Kinkaid.
(c) Stay in town where it is safe.
(d) Wait for the Sheriff to intervene and take care of the killers.
4. How many people does Canby offer to put up for the night?
5. What happens to end the poker game?
(a) A fight breaks out.
(b) The hotel serves supper.
(c) New riders arrive.
(d) Gil's money is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gil ask for almost immediately?
2. What are the riders offered after they discover Greene is only the messenger?
3. Why does Art join the game?
4. How many sons does Bartlett bring with him?
5. What city do Gil Carter and Art Croft return to after the long winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gil so angry and disappointed when he learns that Rose has already left Bridger's Wells?
2. What does Canby tell Art and Gil regarding events they have missed while working through the winter?
3. What does Davies believe that Farnley should do, and how many men agree with him?
4. Why is Art later surprised that Bartlett managed to succeed in stirring up the men as easily as he did?
5. Who is the only man in sight when Gil and Art pull into Bridger's Wells?
6. What is Gil looking forward to most about getting back to Bridger's Wells this spring?
7. Why does Art hope that Gil will take a hint and quit playing poker when Art announces he has had enough?
8. Why does Davies claim that lynch mobs are always wrong?
9. What does Smith do while they are waiting that backfires on him?
10. What is the one subject that Winder seemed to always get around to harping about, and why?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)