|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Bartlett bring with him?
2. Who becomes upset?
3. When did Tetley arrive in the valley?
(a) Two years before the Civil War.
(b) The year after the Civil War.
(c) Three years after the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
4. Who shot the man?
(b) Cattle rustlers.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A minister.
5. Who wins big?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bridger's Wells, Nevada almost a ghost town?
2. What does Farnley threaten to do if the men aren't ready soon?
3. What do the rest of the men suggest to Farnley instead?
4. Why is Gil in such a foul mood?
5. Why does Art join the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gabe and what is seen as his greatest value?
2. What do Kinkaid and Farnley discover just before roundup?
3. What kind of alcohol does Canby have in his saloon, and what does he serve?
4. Why have Art and Gil been away from Bridger's Wells for so long?
5. What does Smith do while they are waiting that backfires on him?
6. What does Canby do in an effort to support Judge Tyler's attempts to diffuse the lynch mob?
7. Why does Davies claim that lynch mobs are always wrong?
8. What does Davies ask Art to do, and why?
9. What does Davies believe that Farnley should do, and how many men agree with him?
10. What causes the men to remount and renew their intention to hunt down the men responsible for the rustling and Kinkaid's murder?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)