|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canby do to save the unconscious man?
(a) Closes the bar.
(b) Throws them all outside.
(c) Knocks out the aggressor.
(d) Gives a free round to all.
2. What does Art suggest that Gil do?
(a) Return the money he won from Farnley.
(b) Sleep it off.
(c) Buy Farnley a drink.
(d) Play Farnley again and let him win.
3. What does Canby tell Art?
(a) That his brother is in town.
(b) That he has a job for him.
(c) That his replacement hasn't shown up.
(d) That some cattle have been missing recently.
4. Who is the biggest man in the valley?
5. Why have Gil and Art not been back to Bridger's Wells all winter?
(a) The job required they stay at the cabin.
(b) Their horses were stolen.
(c) The snow was too deep.
(d) They were too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amigo so sure the group he saw was the rustlers?
2. Where was the man shot?
3. Who does Smith antagonize into joining them in their search for the rustlers/murderers?
4. What happens to end the poker game?
5. What was young Greene tasked to do originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kinkaid and Farnley discover just before roundup?
2. Who is the only man in sight when Gil and Art pull into Bridger's Wells?
3. Why is Art later surprised that Bartlett managed to succeed in stirring up the men as easily as he did?
4. What news does a rider bring that raises hostilities towards newcomers especially from Farnley?
5. What does Davies ask Art to do, and why?
6. What kind of alcohol does Canby have in his saloon, and what does he serve?
7. Other than the houses that dot the landscape, what businesses exist in Bridger's Wells?
8. What ritual conversation do Gil and Canby engage in every time Gil arrives?
9. What does Canby tell Art and Gil regarding events they have missed while working through the winter?
10. What do the bulk of the men assembling to ride with Farnley believe?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)