|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Art do that earns him the ire of one of the group?
(a) Sings hymns with Spark.
(b) Lights a cigarette.
(c) Talk too loudly.
(d) Starts a small campfire.
2. Which way does Martin tell Tetley he came up?
(a) By way of Rapid River.
(b) By way of Solo Stream.
(c) By way of Lost Lagoon.
(d) By way of Mono Lake.
3. How many head of cattle does Amigo claim to have seen?
(d) Forty five.
4. Who does Farnley want to personally hang?
(a) Juan Martinez.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Alva Hardwick.
(d) Donald Martin.
5. What does the old man tell Tetley to confirm he couldn't have killed anyone?
(a) Mr. Martin won't let him have bullets in his gun.
(b) Mr Martin was with him the whole time.
(c) He is afraid of guns.
(d) He is a Budhist and believes all life is sacred.
6. Where does the bullet hit him?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the shoulder.
7. Who recognizes the Mexican as Francisco Morez - a wanted man?
8. How did Gil refer to Rose over the winter with Art?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As his last affair.
(c) As his first love.
(d) As the most intelligent woman he knew.
9. What fear does Hardwick reveal?
(a) Fear of the dark.
(b) Fear of disloyalty.
(c) Fear of death.
(d) Fear of poverty.
10. What is Gil most concerned about?
(a) The head start the rustlers got.
(b) The amount of noise they are making as a group.
(c) Not having had a say in who his bosses were.
(d) The coming snowfall.
11. What does Martin suggest to Tetley after Tetley inspects the brand on the cattle they were driving?
(a) That Tetley take the cattle and let them go.
(b) That he take the cattle back to Drew's to confirm or contest his version.
(c) That Tetley take them all back for a trial.
(d) That he send someone to bring Drew to them.
12. Which posse member lives in Pike's Hole?
(d) Willard Tetley.
13. Who stands beside Art in the dark when the group thinks someone is coming?
14. Who is shot in the confusion that follows?
15. Why can Donald Martin not produce a bill of sale?
(a) He claims to have used it to start the fire so they could keep warm.
(b) He claims to have had one but lost it.
(c) He claims Drew was in the pasture and couldn't give him one.
(d) He claims Drew told him he didn't need one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people stand with Davies when a vote is taken the next morning?
2. What does Sparks claim is in all men?
3. What does Gerald claim is the motivating factor of all men?
4. How many riders do Davies and Art count ahead of them when they finally get started?
5. Which group is Art assigned to when the posse divides to approach the suspected rustlers?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)