|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Farnley want to personally hang?
(a) Alva Hardwick.
(b) Juan Martinez.
(c) Donald Martin.
(d) All of the above.
2. How long had the ranch been empty?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
3. Who appoints himself as their leader?
4. Where does Martin claim to have gotten the cattle?
(a) From Harley Drew.
(b) From Drew Harley.
(c) From Charlie Drew.
(d) From Drew Charlie.
5. Where did Donald Martin claim to have come from?
(a) Shooting Star, Texas.
(b) Santa Ana, California.
(c) Jumping Jack, Oregon.
(d) Sinking Spring, Ohio.
6. Why can Donald Martin not produce a bill of sale?
(a) He claims Drew told him he didn't need one.
(b) He claims to have had one but lost it.
(c) He claims Drew was in the pasture and couldn't give him one.
(d) He claims to have used it to start the fire so they could keep warm.
7. Who stands beside Art in the dark when the group thinks someone is coming?
8. What is the first contact the group makes on the trail?
(a) A preacher.
(b) The stage coach.
(c) A traveling medicine man.
(d) A milner with samples.
9. Which of the trio led by Martin is feeble minded?
(a) Allan Hartwick.
(b) Alva Hardwick
(c) Alvin Hartick.
(d) Alton Harchest.
10. What did Sparks see happen when he was just a child?
(a) His mother shot and killed.
(b) His own brother lynched.
(c) His best friend hung.
(d) His father shot and killed.
11. Who refutes Donald's claim regarding bill of sale?
(a) Drew's wife.
(b) Drew's foreman.
(c) Drew's sister in law.
(d) Drew's brother.
12. Which way does Martin tell Tetley he came up?
(a) By way of Mono Lake.
(b) By way of Solo Stream.
(c) By way of Rapid River.
(d) By way of Lost Lagoon.
13. Where does Martin claim to have sold off his own cattle?
(a) San Diego.
(c) Salt Spring.
14. Which group waits for the others to get into position before approaching?
15. Which posse member lives in Pike's Hole?
(a) Willard Tetley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Art finally insist that Sparks take?
2. Who is shot in the confusion that follows?
3. What does Gerald claim makes up the biggest part of womens' power?
4. How does the Mexican in the trio respond to all questions at first?
5. How was Donald Martin killed?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)