|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Juan tries to escape, where does Farnley shoot him?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the hip.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the chest.
2. What does Art do that earns him the ire of one of the group?
(a) Lights a cigarette.
(b) Sings hymns with Spark.
(c) Starts a small campfire.
(d) Talk too loudly.
3. What does everyone believe Art should do?
(a) Go down in the stage to town.
(b) Head down with Gil.
(c) Stay and sleep by the fire while they go.
(d) Continue with the group.
4. Where does Mr. Swanson come from?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
5. Who is shot in the confusion that follows?
6. Who does Tetley ask to retrieve their guns?
7. How did Gil refer to Rose over the winter with Art?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As his first love.
(c) As the most intelligent woman he knew.
(d) As his last affair.
8. Who's gun does Juan have?
9. Who is the focus of the story Gil narrates to Art during their conversation?
(c) Elder Tetley.
10. What was used to cauterize Art's wounded shoulder?
(a) A heated belt buckle.
(b) A heated up pistol barrel.
(c) A heated medallion.
(d) A hot knife.
11. What song does Art begin humming to himself?
(a) Home on the Range.
(b) Buffalo Gal.
(c) On The Trail Again.
(d) My Darling Clementine.
12. Which of the trio led by Martin is feeble minded?
(a) Alva Hardwick
(b) Alton Harchest.
(c) Allan Hartwick.
(d) Alvin Hartick.
13. What does Gerald claim is the motivating factor of all men?
14. Who does Farnley want to personally hang?
(a) Alva Hardwick.
(b) Juan Martinez.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Donald Martin.
15. Who else was in the coach?
(a) Swanson's sister.
(b) Rose's sister.
(c) Rose's father.
(d) Swanson's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bullet hit him?
2. How does Sparks pass the time as he rides along with them?
3. How does Gerald feel about being part of the group?
4. What fear does Hardwick reveal?
5. What does Martin suggest to Tetley after Tetley inspects the brand on the cattle they were driving?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)