|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gil learn that upsets him?
(a) Rose just got married.
(b) Rose was married to someone last year.
(c) Rose has brought her whole family back.
(d) Rose is pregnant.
2. Where does the bullet hit him?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the shoulder.
3. Where does Mr. Swanson come from?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
4. Who is the first to realize that he has been shot?
5. Where does Martin claim to have met him?
(a) In San Diego.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) In Santa Cruz.
(d) In Los Angeles.
6. Who refutes Donald's claim regarding bill of sale?
(a) Drew's foreman.
(b) Drew's wife.
(c) Drew's brother.
(d) Drew's sister in law.
7. When Juan tries to escape, where does Farnley shoot him?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the hip.
(d) In the leg.
8. Who does Farnley want to personally hang?
(a) Juan Martinez.
(b) Alva Hardwick.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Donald Martin.
9. What surprises the posse as they approach the fire of the suspected rustlers?
(a) There are no cattle.
(b) There is no guard posted.
(c) It is an ambush.
(d) There is no one there.
10. Which of the trio led by Martin is feeble minded?
(a) Alton Harchest.
(b) Alva Hardwick
(c) Alvin Hartick.
(d) Allan Hartwick.
11. What does Sparks claim is in all men?
12. How long had the ranch been empty?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
13. What suggestion is made that almost has Tetley and Gil coming to blows?
(a) The suggestion that Gil has lost his stomach for the hanging.
(b) That Gil is the one responsible for Kinkaid's death.
(c) That Tetley just wants his son to experience death.
(d) That Tetley is eager to kill someone.
14. What does Gerald claim is the motivating factor of all men?
15. Who is in the stage?
(a) Gil's sister.
(b) Gil's ex-girlfriend.
(c) Spark's father.
(d) Art's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the driver?
2. What does Gerald claim he will do if they accomplish their goal?
3. Where does Martin claim to have sold off his own cattle?
4. How many people stand with Davies when a vote is taken the next morning?
5. What is the first contact the group makes on the trail?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)