|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to change the kind of poker they are playing in the hopes of changing his luck?
2. Who owns the local saloon where they first stop in?
3. Who knocks Gil out?
4. What winning argument does Tetley have for leaving immediately?
(a) The rustlers are getting too far ahead.
(b) The pass is long and small.
(c) A storm is coming.
(d) They are armed and ready.
5. Who does Gil ask for almost immediately?
(a) Rosie Napen.
(b) Rose Mapen.
(c) Rose Marin.
(d) Rosy Pamen.
6. Who shot the man?
(b) Cattle rustlers.
(c) A minister.
(d) A bandit.
7. What intentions does Farnley announce?
(a) His intention to quit his line of work.
(b) His intention to leave Bridger's Wells.
(c) His intention to return to work.
(d) His intention to find the killer.
8. Who is the first man to discuss revenge and action?
9. What condition does Ma attach to her offer of free lodging?
(a) They have to serve themselves.
(b) They have to pay for their own food.
(c) They have to make the beds afterward.
(d) They have to pay for liquor.
10. What does store owner Davies suggest Farnley do?
(a) That he handle the burial arrangements for Kinkaid.
(b) Stay in town where it is safe.
(c) Wait for the Sheriff to intervene and take care of the killers.
(d) Form a posse of his own.
11. What happens when the change of game does nothing to change anyone's luck?
(a) They decide to play pool instead.
(b) Accusations of cheating follow.
(c) Art gets Gil to go to the hotel.
(d) Gil buys a round for the house.
12. What does Gil soon get into?
(a) A game of poker.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A game of pool.
(d) A room with a call girl.
13. What does Canby tell Art?
(a) That he has a job for him.
(b) That some cattle have been missing recently.
(c) That his replacement hasn't shown up.
(d) That his brother is in town.
14. Who did Ma dislike based mostly on his profession?
15. Why is Bridger's Wells, Nevada almost a ghost town?
(a) The stage no longer stops there.
(b) The town is too far from everywhere.
(c) The town has no sheriff.
(d) The railroad quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Canby tell them has been spending a great deal of time in the area lately?
2. What does Farnley threaten to do if the men aren't ready soon?
3. Why is Amigo so sure the group he saw was the rustlers?
4. Why does Gil suddenly leave the bar?
5. What kind of gun does Tetley carry?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)