|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Gil and Art not been back to Bridger's Wells all winter?
(a) The snow was too deep.
(b) Their horses were stolen.
(c) They were too far away.
(d) The job required they stay at the cabin.
2. What does Art suggest Gil do?
(a) Go back inside for a fresh drink.
(b) Go back inside and resume his game.
(c) Return the money he won from Farnley.
(d) Return the last hand he won to Farnley.
3. What does Canby suggest should be done?
(a) Saddle up to chase the murderer down.
(b) Go home and let the law handle things.
(c) Sit and have another drink till cooler heads prevail.
(d) Go and get Sheriff Risley.
4. What does Canby tell Art?
(a) That some cattle have been missing recently.
(b) That his brother is in town.
(c) That his replacement hasn't shown up.
(d) That he has a job for him.
5. Who did the Sheriff deputize before leaving town?
6. Who tries to explain the concept of law and it's process to Art and Gil?
7. Why is Amigo so sure the group he saw was the rustlers?
(a) They were heavily armed.
(b) He recognized the brand on the cows.
(c) They were talking about the murder.
(d) They had Kinkaid's horse with them.
8. What city do Gil Carter and Art Croft return to after the long winter?
(a) Bridger's Wells, Nevada.
(b) Bell Ridger, Nevada.
(c) Well Bridger, Nevada.
(d) Wringer Bells, Nevada.
9. Who wins big?
10. Why does Art worried about Gil at the poker game?
(a) He is being cheated.
(b) He is cheating.
(c) He is losing his winter wages.
(d) He is spoiling for a fight.
11. Who shot the man?
(b) Cattle rustlers.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A minister.
12. Who knocks Gil out?
13. What does Farnley threaten to do if the men aren't ready soon?
(a) Find another group.
(b) Go by himself.
(c) Involve the Governor.
(d) Get the Sheriff.
14. How many sons does Bartlett bring with him?
15. How far is it to the pass that it is believed the rustlers escaped through?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Thirty miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most affected by the death?
2. Who is the first man to discuss revenge and action?
3. Who owns the local saloon where they first stop in?
4. What happens when the change of game does nothing to change anyone's luck?
5. Who becomes upset with Gil at the poker table?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)