|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most affected by the death?
2. What happens to end the poker game?
(a) Gil's money is gone.
(b) New riders arrive.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) The hotel serves supper.
3. Where are the rustlers actually headed?
(a) Through the southern range.
(b) By wagon train to San Francisco.
(c) Through Bridger's Pass.
(d) Down the river on a boat.
4. Who changes the attitude of the men waiting from a quarter of a mile away?
(a) Nate Bartlett.
(b) Gerald Tetley.
(c) Jenny Grier.
(d) Carl Bartlett.
5. Which people immediately try to dissuade the men from forming a lynch mob?
(a) Davies and Canby.
(b) Canby and Osgood.
(c) Bartlett and Canby.
(d) Davies and Osgood.
6. Where was Sparks staying?
(a) In the basement of the saloon.
(b) In the shed Davies used for storage.
(c) In the staff's quarters at the hotel.
(d) In the stables.
7. Who did the Sheriff deputize before leaving town?
8. What kind of horse does Tetley ride?
(a) A mule.
(b) A Palomino.
(c) A Belgian.
(d) An Arab.
9. When did Tetley arrive in the valley?
(a) During the Civil War.
(b) Three years after the Civil War.
(c) Two years before the Civil War.
(d) The year after the Civil War.
10. Who wants to change the kind of poker they are playing in the hopes of changing his luck?
11. How many people arrive with Tetley?
12. Why is Farnley even more agitated?
(a) His friend Kincaid was shot.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) He was cut off by Canby.
13. Who is the first man to discuss revenge and action?
14. What intentions does Farnley announce?
(a) His intention to return to work.
(b) His intention to find the killer.
(c) His intention to quit his line of work.
(d) His intention to leave Bridger's Wells.
15. What happens when the change of game does nothing to change anyone's luck?
(a) Gil buys a round for the house.
(b) Accusations of cheating follow.
(c) Art gets Gil to go to the hotel.
(d) They decide to play pool instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Gil and Art not been back to Bridger's Wells all winter?
2. What does Mapes do before everyone leaves?
3. What does Canby suggest should be done?
4. Who did Ma dislike based mostly on his profession?
5. What are the riders offered after they discover Greene is only the messenger?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)