|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up his winnings for him?
2. What was young Greene tasked to do originally?
(a) Find Mapes.
(b) Get the Sheriff.
(c) Assemble a posse.
(d) Go to the saloon.
3. Why are Art and Gil suspected in the recent cattle thefts?
(a) They have an unusual amount of cash.
(b) Gil is defensive and mean.
(c) Art has a history of cattle theft.
(d) They have been out of contact and have no alibis.
4. Where are the rustlers actually headed?
(a) Through the southern range.
(b) Down the river on a boat.
(c) Through Bridger's Pass.
(d) By wagon train to San Francisco.
5. Who is the first to become unconscious as a result?
6. What does Davies try to assure Jeff Farnley?
(a) That the rustlers will face justice.
(b) That he will be arrested if he continues.
(c) That he is ready to act.
(d) That Kinkaid is probably still alive.
7. How many rustlers did Amigo see?
8. Who does Gil ask for almost immediately?
(a) Rosy Pamen.
(b) Rosie Napen.
(c) Rose Marin.
(d) Rose Mapen.
9. Who wins big?
10. How do the rest of the men in the saloon respond?
(a) They offer to ride with him.
(b) They think the Sheriff is a lout.
(c) They believe the town is all but dead now, too.
(d) They believe the killer should be lynched.
11. Who becomes upset with Gil at the poker table?
12. What does Canby tell Art?
(a) That his brother is in town.
(b) That he has a job for him.
(c) That his replacement hasn't shown up.
(d) That some cattle have been missing recently.
13. Who is the biggest man in the valley?
14. Why is Gil in such a foul mood?
(a) He is angry with Art.
(b) He is losing all his money.
(c) Rose Mapen left town.
(d) He is angry with Canby.
15. What does the Judge discover from talking to Greene?
(a) That he was lying to them all.
(b) That he hadn't even seen Kinkaid first hand.
(c) That he was paid to spread rumors.
(d) That he was the son of one of the rustlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What winning argument does Tetley have for leaving immediately?
2. Why is Bridger's Wells, Nevada almost a ghost town?
3. Who shot the man?
4. What happens when the change of game does nothing to change anyone's luck?
5. Who changes the attitude of the men waiting from a quarter of a mile away?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)