|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Art and Gil suspected in the recent cattle thefts?
(a) Gil is defensive and mean.
(b) Art has a history of cattle theft.
(c) They have been out of contact and have no alibis.
(d) They have an unusual amount of cash.
2. Who does Smith antagonize into joining them in their search for the rustlers/murderers?
3. Who is most affected by the death?
4. Who did Ma dislike based mostly on his profession?
5. Who changes the attitude of the men waiting from a quarter of a mile away?
(a) Jenny Grier.
(b) Gerald Tetley.
(c) Nate Bartlett.
(d) Carl Bartlett.
6. Who does Canby tell them has been spending a great deal of time in the area lately?
(a) Railroad men.
(b) A Mexican gang.
(c) Telegraph men.
(d) The Sheriff.
7. Who is the biggest man in the valley?
8. How many people arrive with Tetley?
9. What does Davies try to assure Jeff Farnley?
(a) That Kinkaid is probably still alive.
(b) That he is ready to act.
(c) That the rustlers will face justice.
(d) That he will be arrested if he continues.
10. What does Gil soon get into?
(a) A game of pool.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A room with a call girl.
(d) A game of poker.
11. What does Art suggest Gil do?
(a) Go back inside and resume his game.
(b) Return the last hand he won to Farnley.
(c) Return the money he won from Farnley.
(d) Go back inside for a fresh drink.
12. How many rustlers did Amigo see?
13. Who does Gil ask for almost immediately?
(a) Rose Marin.
(b) Rosy Pamen.
(c) Rose Mapen.
(d) Rosie Napen.
14. What are the riders offered after they discover Greene is only the messenger?
(a) Clean bedrolls.
(b) To be kept in the loop.
(c) A free meal.
(d) Two free drinks and lodgings over night.
15. Why does Smith mockingly suggest he join their cause?
(a) To say some words for those who are to be hung.
(b) They need one more body to join.
(c) To keep them honest.
(d) To make him feel important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Farnley even more agitated?
2. What does Amigo contribute to the group?
3. Who was his friend?
4. What do the rest of the men suggest to Farnley instead?
5. What does Mapes do before everyone leaves?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)