|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the rustlers actually headed?
(a) Down the river on a boat.
(b) Through the southern range.
(c) By wagon train to San Francisco.
(d) Through Bridger's Pass.
2. Why does Art want Gil to leave the poker game?
(a) It is a long ride back to the cabin.
(b) He is almost out of money.
(c) He is afraid someone will accuse him of cheating.
(d) He has been cheating all night.
3. Who becomes upset with Gil at the poker table?
4. Why does Smith mockingly suggest he join their cause?
(a) To make him feel important.
(b) To say some words for those who are to be hung.
(c) To keep them honest.
(d) They need one more body to join.
5. What do Art and Gil see while they are outside?
(a) A rider approaching very fast on horseback.
(b) The Sheriff arrives.
(c) An old friend arrives.
(d) An unscheduled stage arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to become unconscious as a result?
2. Why does Art join the game?
3. What does Canby tell Art?
4. Who owns the local saloon where they first stop in?
5. Why are Art and Gil suspected in the recent cattle thefts?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)