|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gil soon get into?
(a) A game of poker.
(b) A game of pool.
(c) A room with a call girl.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
2. Where was the man shot?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the legs.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the belly.
3. What does Farnley suggest?
(a) They arm wrestle for it.
(b) They get more whiskey.
(c) They play a simpler game.
(d) They quit for the night.
4. What do Art and Gil see while they are outside?
(a) A rider approaching very fast on horseback.
(b) The Sheriff arrives.
(c) An old friend arrives.
(d) An unscheduled stage arrival.
5. What happens to end the poker game?
(a) A fight breaks out.
(b) The hotel serves supper.
(c) Gil's money is gone.
(d) New riders arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the new rider bring?
2. What happens when the change of game does nothing to change anyone's luck?
3. Who owns the local saloon where they first stop in?
4. What have Gil and Art been doing all winter?
5. Who wins big?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)