|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
2. Who claims the Van Gogh is a forgery after seeing it?
3. Who does Louis track down?
4. Where does Peter drive to in the van?
5. What was Anne afraid of during the whole operation of their scam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
2. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
3. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
4. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
5. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
6. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
7. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
8. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
9. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
10. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Charles Lampeth. How do his decisions affect other characters? How do they affect the plot? How does his role affect the work as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist? Defend your answers with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How are the titles of the chapters metaphors?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)