|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anne afraid of during the whole operation of their scam?
2. How does Arnaz blackmail Peter and Mitch?
3. Who handles the press statement for the art dealers?
4. Where in his house does Cardwell keep his art collection?
5. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
2. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
3. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
4. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
5. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
6. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
7. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
8. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
9. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
10. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the end of the novel a twist in regards to Mike Arnaz? Did the reader expect Mike to be such a major player in the scandal? Does the twist add to the depth of the novel? In what way does it or does it not? Did Follett intend to surprise the reader? Does it play into the genre?
Essay Topic 2
After speaking with Anita, Samantha makes a decision that she takes to her agent. There she explains how she feels about her career. Explain her feelings and analyze how these thoughts are idealistic in an industry where everyone is out to make a great deal of money.
Essay Topic 3
How does the forgery scam allow Anne to see herself differently? Will she ever be the same as she was before? How might her life change?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)