Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Louis track down?
2. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
3. Who knocked at the priest's door?
4. What does Mitch ask the manager of the bank to do for him?
5. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
Essay Topic 1
How are the titles of the chapters metaphors?
Essay Topic 2
How is the end of the novel a twist in regards to Mike Arnaz? Did the reader expect Mike to be such a major player in the scandal? Does the twist add to the depth of the novel? In what way does it or does it not? Did Follett intend to surprise the reader? Does it play into the genre?
Essay Topic 3
Peter states one of the major themes of the novel when he calls the newspaper to demand an inexpensive place for artists to sell their work. Charles comments to Willow about the demand and its lack of permanence on the art dealer. What is Follett telling the reader in regards to profit versus what is due to the artist?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)