|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
2. Who gives Julian directions to the bungalow in Dorset village?
3. How does Samantha feel about Lord Cardwell as she dines with him?
4. Where does Cardwell keep the key to the door of the art collection?
5. What did Lipsey and Black give for a reason for giving Mike fifty thousand pounds each?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
2. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
3. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
4. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
5. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
6. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
7. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
8. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
9. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
10. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How might the ending of the novel be considered ambiguous? Is the ending satisfactory? Does it give closure? Does the ending appropriately or inappropriately conclude the work? Explain precisely how and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the scene at the party in which Joe Davies reveals Tom's past reveal the values of the characters and the society in which they live? What contribution does this scene make to the whole novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Charles Lampeth. How do his decisions affect other characters? How do they affect the plot? How does his role affect the work as a whole?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)