|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bungalow that Julian goes to in Dorset village?
2. What does Peter do to change his appearance?
3. How many paintings does Peter load into the van?
4. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
5. Where does Peter put the paintings after he takes them out of the van?
Essay Topic 1
How might the ending of the novel be considered ambiguous? Is the ending satisfactory? Does it give closure? Does the ending appropriately or inappropriately conclude the work? Explain precisely how and why?
Essay Topic 2
How is the end of the novel a twist in regards to Mike Arnaz? Did the reader expect Mike to be such a major player in the scandal? Does the twist add to the depth of the novel? In what way does it or does it not? Did Follett intend to surprise the reader? Does it play into the genre?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Charles Lampeth. How do his decisions affect other characters? How do they affect the plot? How does his role affect the work as a whole?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)