|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
2. How does Samantha feel about Lord Cardwell as she dines with him?
3. What information does the Hilton clerk give to Louis?
4. Where does Peter drive to in the van?
5. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
2. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
3. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
4. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
5. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
6. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
7. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
8. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
9. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
10. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you identify the mystery of the novel and explain how the investigation illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the inner conflicts of Julian and explain how the resolution of these conflicts contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
How does the forgery scam allow Anne to see herself differently? Will she ever be the same as she was before? How might her life change?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)