|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Mike ask Dee that she says no to?
2. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
3. What makes Moore believe that the Modigliani is NOT a forgery?
4. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
5. What do Samantha and Tom find when they break into Lord Cardwell's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the end of the novel a twist in regards to Mike Arnaz? Did the reader expect Mike to be such a major player in the scandal? Does the twist add to the depth of the novel? In what way does it or does it not? Did Follett intend to surprise the reader? Does it play into the genre?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that you believe is morally ambiguous yet plays an important role in the novel. Explain how the character can be viewed as such and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the whole novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Peter and Mitch. How are their values alike? How are they different? How are their lives similar? How are they different? How is their way of thought the same or different?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)