|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
2. Where in his house does Cardwell keep his art collection?
3. What does Anne want to do soon after she gets home?
4. What does Julian do with his painting?
5. What does Anne show Crawford when he states that he needs another opinion about the painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
2. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
3. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
4. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
5. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
6. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
7. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
8. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
9. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
10. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Poglio differ from London? Compare and contrast the two places, tell what each place represents and how their contrast contributes to the meaning of the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Though Sarah appears briefly, she has a significant presence. Show how her character functions in the work. You may discuss how her actions affect theme or the development of other characters.
Essay Topic 3
How does the alienation of Peter Usher from the art world reveal the art society's assumptions and moral values?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)