|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought does Lipsey have about Mike as he heads back to Poglio from the chateau?
2. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
3. What does Mitch ask the manager of the bank to do for him?
4. Why does Lipsey decide to wear a camera and sunglasses?
5. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
2. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
3. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
4. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
5. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
6. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
7. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
8. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
9. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
10. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist? Defend your answers with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you identify the mystery of the novel and explain how the investigation illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
After speaking with Anita, Samantha makes a decision that she takes to her agent. There she explains how she feels about her career. Explain her feelings and analyze how these thoughts are idealistic in an industry where everyone is out to make a great deal of money.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)