|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
2. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
3. What painting is the first one that Mitch and Anne offer for sale?
4. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
5. Where do the art dealers meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
2. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
3. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
4. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
5. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
6. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
7. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
8. What is the set-up for selling the forgeries?
9. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
10. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you identify the mystery of the novel and explain how the investigation illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Peter states one of the major themes of the novel when he calls the newspaper to demand an inexpensive place for artists to sell their work. Charles comments to Willow about the demand and its lack of permanence on the art dealer. What is Follett telling the reader in regards to profit versus what is due to the artist?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Peter and Mitch. How are their values alike? How are they different? How are their lives similar? How are they different? How is their way of thought the same or different?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)