|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
2. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
3. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
4. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
5. What was it that the priest thought made the cheese better?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
2. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
3. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
4. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
5. What does Julian discover about his Modigliani and what does he first plan on doing about it? How is that plan obstructed? What is his second plan? How is that obstructed? What is his third plan?
6. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
7. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
8. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
9. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
10. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you identify the mystery of the novel and explain how the investigation illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Charles Lampeth. How do his decisions affect other characters? How do they affect the plot? How does his role affect the work as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Peter and Mitch. How are their values alike? How are they different? How are their lives similar? How are they different? How is their way of thought the same or different?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)