|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lampeth's final view on the forgery scam?
2. What word is Louis' boss fond of using?
3. What was it that the priest thought made the cheese better?
4. Who knocked at the priest's door?
5. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the set-up for selling the forgeries?
2. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
3. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
4. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
5. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
6. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
7. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
8. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
9. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
10. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Past events in the novel affect both positively and negatively the present actions and attitudes of certain characters. Choose a character and explain how the past event and the character's relationship to it, contributes to the meaning of the whole novel.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist? Defend your answers with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the scene at the party in which Joe Davies reveals Tom's past reveal the values of the characters and the society in which they live? What contribution does this scene make to the whole novel?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)