|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the real Modigliani?
2. How much does Crawford pay for the painting?
3. What happens to Tom?
4. How much did Mike pay for the Modigliani?
5. Where does Cardwell keep the key to the door of the art collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
2. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
3. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
4. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
5. What is the set-up for selling the forgeries?
6. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
7. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
8. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
9. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
10. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the inner conflicts of Julian and explain how the resolution of these conflicts contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Peter states one of the major themes of the novel when he calls the newspaper to demand an inexpensive place for artists to sell their work. Charles comments to Willow about the demand and its lack of permanence on the art dealer. What is Follett telling the reader in regards to profit versus what is due to the artist?
Essay Topic 3
Though Sarah appears briefly, she has a significant presence. Show how her character functions in the work. You may discuss how her actions affect theme or the development of other characters.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)