|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
2. How does Peter get what he took from the supply room back to London?
3. What does Charles Lampeth miss as he reflects about life after dinner at his friends?
4. What does Julian decide to do in order to get the cash he needs to travel?
5. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peter after the incident at Belgraves?
2. Why does Julian decide to open an art gallery and what are his ideas concerning it?
3. Why does Julian head to Samantha's house after he speaks with his father-in-law about money?
4. How does the reader know right away that Tom is going to be trouble for Samantha?
5. Who is Modigliani and what significance does he have to the story?
6. Where does Dee's search for the painting begin and why is it a bust?
7. What point does Samantha attempt to make about the movies she has made and the movies that she wants to make?
8. What does Julian find when he returns home from selling Sarah's car, and how does he use it to his advantage?
9. What information does the rabbi give Dee that will help her further her search?
10. What news does Samantha give the reporter James Whitewood that startles him? What does he do with the information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Peter and Mitch. How are their values alike? How are they different? How are their lives similar? How are they different? How is their way of thought the same or different?
Essay Topic 2
How does the scene at the party in which Joe Davies reveals Tom's past reveal the values of the characters and the society in which they live? What contribution does this scene make to the whole novel?
Essay Topic 3
How are the titles of the chapters metaphors?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)