|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Julian directions to the bungalow in Dorset village?
(a) A peasant woman.
(b) A cowhand.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A policeman.
2. What do the art dealers agree to do?
(a) Forget the whole incident.
(b) Put the money in a trust so the forgers can get what they want.
(c) Keep the police involved until the forgers are caught.
(d) Have the newspapers tell the forgers they won't cooperate.
3. What reason does Peter give to the newspaper for the forgeries?
(a) To make money.
(b) To disgrace the dead artists.
(c) To prove that the art dealers of London only care about money.
(d) To draw attention to real live artists.
4. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
(a) They tell him Modigliani's sister has the painting.
(b) They tell him Dee is related to an art dealer.
(c) They tell him they are searching for a Modigliani.
(d) They tell him that the painting is in a chateau nearby.
5. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
(a) His resignation.
(b) Money for the forgery.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A stiff drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that the priest thought made the cheese better?
2. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
3. What thought does Lipsey have about Mike as he heads back to Poglio from the chateau?
4. Why doesn't Louis Broom actually work on Wednesdays?
5. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
2. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
3. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
4. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
5. What does Julian discover about his Modigliani and what does he first plan on doing about it? How is that plan obstructed? What is his second plan? How is that obstructed? What is his third plan?
6. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
7. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
8. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
9. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
10. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)