|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
(a) To a church.
(b) To a musuem.
(c) To a home.
(d) To a chateau.
2. Why does Lipsey decide to wear a camera and sunglasses?
(a) He wants to be a tourist.
(b) He wants to take pictures.
(c) He does not want to be recognized.
(d) He thinks he looks too much like a policeman.
3. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
(a) Taken by Lampeth.
(b) Still on the walls.
(c) Sold at an auction.
(d) Stolen by Samantha and Tom.
4. Where do the art dealers meet?
(a) At Julian's gallery.
(b) At a restaurant in London.
(c) In the New Room.
(d) At Scotland Yard.
5. Who gives Julian directions to the bungalow in Dorset village?
(a) A peasant woman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A cowhand.
(d) A shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocked at the priest's door?
2. What information does the Hilton clerk give to Louis?
3. What reason does Peter give to the newspaper for the forgeries?
4. Why did the priest lie to Mike and Dee?
5. What did Lipsey and Black give for a reason for giving Mike fifty thousand pounds each?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
2. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
3. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
4. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
5. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
6. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
7. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
8. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
9. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
10. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)