|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willow see in the corner by the door as he is about to leave?
(a) A pile of cash.
(b) A real Modigliani.
(c) Shopping bags full of groceries.
(d) A forged painting.
2. What does Anne do when she gets into the taxi after she sells the painting?
(a) She laughs wildly.
(b) She sobs.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She does not say a word.
3. Under what pretense does Anne claim that she has the masterpiece painting?
(a) An old friend's estate.
(b) Her father's estate.
(c) An estate of a businessman.
(d) A deceased relative's estate.
4. What does Mitch tell Peter to do with the portfolios?
(a) Throw them in the canal.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Throw them in the trash.
5. Why does Lipsey decide to wear a camera and sunglasses?
(a) He wants to be a tourist.
(b) He thinks he looks too much like a policeman.
(c) He does not want to be recognized.
(d) He wants to take pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardwell tell Samantha about his wealth?
2. What does the sign outside the bar in Poglio read?
3. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
4. How much did Mike pay for the Modigliani?
5. What does the Contessa share with Lipsey before he leaves the chateau?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
2. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
3. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
4. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
5. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
6. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
7. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
8. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
9. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
10. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)