|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the bar in Poglio, what does Lipsey do to find out if Dee has been there?
(a) He shows the bartender a picture.
(b) He pays the bartender to answer his questions.
(c) He drops a picture of Dee for the bartender to see.
(d) He asks the bartender if he has seen Dee.
2. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
(a) He says he purchased one of the forgeries.
(b) He says he knows who forged the paintings in London.
(c) He says Dee found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(d) He says he found the Modigliani in Poglio.
3. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
(a) A deposit box key.
(b) A phone number.
(c) An envelope.
4. What does Mike figure out about how Lipsey found him and Dee in Poglio?
(a) Lord Cardwell must know.
(b) It was Uncle Charlie.
(c) Samantha must have told someone.
(d) Claire told someone.
5. Where does Peter drive to in the van?
(a) A college campus.
(b) An art museum.
(c) An art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the chateau built?
2. What is the name of the bungalow that Julian goes to in Dorset village?
3. Where does Peter put the paintings after he takes them out of the van?
4. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
5. Who is Mike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian discover about his Modigliani and what does he first plan on doing about it? How is that plan obstructed? What is his second plan? How is that obstructed? What is his third plan?
2. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
3. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
4. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
5. What is the set-up for selling the forgeries?
6. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
7. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
8. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
9. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
10. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)