|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought does Lipsey have about Mike as he heads back to Poglio from the chateau?
(a) That Mike knew nothing.
(b) That Mike knew the Contessa.
(c) That Mike may have already been to the chateau.
(d) That Mike may have misled him.
2. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
(a) Money for the forgery.
(b) A stiff drink.
(c) His resignation.
(d) A cigar.
3. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
(a) Five days.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Less than two days.
4. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
(a) Wait to see what the police say.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Let the other art dealers handle it.
(d) Have a meeting of the art dealers.
5. What does Mitch tell Peter to do with the portfolios?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Throw them in the trash.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Throw them in the canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the art dealers meet?
2. What is Lampeth's final view on the forgery scam?
3. When Peter and Mitch make their second phone call to the newspaper, why do they change papers?
4. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
5. How much did Mitch say he wanted for the first painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
2. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
3. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
4. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
5. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
6. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
7. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
8. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
9. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
10. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)