|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a phone call does Louis believe that he is answering?
(a) A crazy person rambling.
(b) A prank phone call.
(c) A friend playing a joke.
(d) A wrong number.
2. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
(a) Sold at an auction.
(b) Taken by Lampeth.
(c) Still on the walls.
(d) Stolen by Samantha and Tom.
3. Why doesn't Louis Broom actually work on Wednesdays?
(a) His editors always change the story topic on Thursdays.
(b) The paper is in print on Wednesdays.
(c) No art critic articles go in Wednesday papers.
(d) No bosses are in the office on Wednesdays.
4. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
(a) He says he found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(b) He says he knows who forged the paintings in London.
(c) He says Dee found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(d) He says he purchased one of the forgeries.
5. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
(a) To a musuem.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a chateau.
(d) To a home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lipsey tell the Contessa that he does for a living?
2. Under what pretense does Anne claim that she has the masterpiece painting?
3. What information does the Hilton clerk give to Louis?
4. What is the name of the bungalow that Julian goes to in Dorset village?
5. How much did Mike pay for the Modigliani?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
2. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
3. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
4. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
5. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
6. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
7. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
8. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
9. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
10. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)