|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the chateau built?
(a) In the seventeenth century.
(b) In the sixteenth century.
(c) In the eighteenth century.
(d) In the nineteenth century.
2. What painting is the first one that Mitch and Anne offer for sale?
(a) Starry Night.
(b) The Gravedigger.
(c) The High Chair.
(d) A Pissaro.
3. What word is Louis' boss fond of using?
4. Why are Anne and Mitch richly dressed at the Hilton?
(a) They are meeting important people.
(b) They want to spend some of the money they made.
(c) They want to appear to be wealthy.
(d) They are going to a fancy reception.
5. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Less than two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Louis track down?
2. What information does the Hilton clerk give to Louis?
3. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
4. Where do Mike and Dee first go on their search once they leave the bar in Poglio?
5. What does Lipsey tell Dee and Mike when they ask to see the picture of his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
2. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
3. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
4. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
5. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
6. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
7. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
8. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
9. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
10. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)