|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willow see in the corner by the door as he is about to leave?
(a) Shopping bags full of groceries.
(b) A real Modigliani.
(c) A forged painting.
(d) A pile of cash.
2. Who claims the Van Gogh is a forgery after seeing it?
(a) Charles Lampeth.
(b) Professor Peter Schmidt.
(c) Julian Black.
(d) Lord Cardwell.
3. What word is Louis' boss fond of using?
4. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
(a) A man and a woman dancing.
(b) A woman holding her infant at her breast.
(c) A naked woman kneeling on the floor.
(d) A woman tending to her chores.
5. Who does Samantha compare Cardwell to to make herself feel better about robbing him?
(a) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Captain Hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Peter give to the newspaper for the forgeries?
2. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
3. At the bar in Poglio, what does Lipsey do to find out if Dee has been there?
4. What picture is on the wall of the gallery at Cardwell's that makes Julian upset?
5. Who is Mike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
2. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
3. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
4. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
5. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
6. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
7. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
8. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
9. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
10. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)