|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne do when she gets into the taxi after she sells the painting?
(a) She laughs wildly.
(b) She does not say a word.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She sobs.
2. Why does Lipsey decide to wear a camera and sunglasses?
(a) He does not want to be recognized.
(b) He wants to take pictures.
(c) He thinks he looks too much like a policeman.
(d) He wants to be a tourist.
3. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
(a) A stiff drink.
(b) Money for the forgery.
(c) His resignation.
(d) A cigar.
4. Who is Julian driving to see in Dorset village?
(a) Dee and Mike.
(b) Louis Broom.
(d) An art expert.
5. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
(a) They believe they know who Renalle is.
(b) They can't wait to get hold of Renalle.
(c) They will not look any further.
(d) They are glad they don't have to pursue the case further.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
2. Who handles the press statement for the art dealers?
3. How much does Crawford pay for the painting?
4. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
5. Why are Anne and Mitch richly dressed at the Hilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
2. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
3. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
4. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
5. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
6. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
7. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
8. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
9. What does Julian discover about his Modigliani and what does he first plan on doing about it? How is that plan obstructed? What is his second plan? How is that obstructed? What is his third plan?
10. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)