|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Louis Broom actually work on Wednesdays?
(a) No bosses are in the office on Wednesdays.
(b) The paper is in print on Wednesdays.
(c) No art critic articles go in Wednesday papers.
(d) His editors always change the story topic on Thursdays.
2. What question does Mike ask Dee that she says no to?
(a) Will she live with him?
(b) Will she leave him?
(c) Will she let him help her sell the painting?
(d) Will she marry him?
3. What painting is the first one that Mitch and Anne offer for sale?
(a) A Pissaro.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) The Gravedigger.
(d) The High Chair.
4. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
(a) An attorney for the estate.
(b) Charles Lampeth.
(c) Mr. Meunier.
(d) Her father.
5. What commission does Dixon want for the pictures he lends to Lampeth's gallery?
(a) Twenty-five percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Thirty-five percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is Louis' boss fond of using?
2. Where does Peter put the paintings after he takes them out of the van?
3. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
4. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
5. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
2. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
3. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
4. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
5. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
6. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
7. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
8. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
9. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
10. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)