|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lipsey and Black give for a reason for giving Mike fifty thousand pounds each?
(a) They were investing in a new business.
(b) They were making charitable donations.
(c) They owed gambling debts.
(d) They were buying fogeries from him.
2. Who is Mike?
(a) He is Mandingo.
(b) He is an art expert.
(c) He is the Arnaz character that blackmailed Peter and Mitch.
(d) He is the one who called the newspaper.
3. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
(a) His resignation.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A stiff drink.
(d) Money for the forgery.
4. What story does the caller give to Louis Broom?
(a) That forged art was sold to local dealers.
(b) That Julian Black was a fraud.
(c) That the Modigliani was found.
(d) That Lord Cardwell's collection had been stolen.
5. What does the old man tell Mike and Dee after they buy him a drink?
(a) He asks for another drink.
(b) That the Danielli's own a bar on the west end of the village.
(c) Nothing, he cannot speak English.
(d) That there were no Jews who ever lived there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the real Modigliani?
2. Who handles the press statement for the art dealers?
3. What information does the Hilton clerk give to Louis?
4. What does the sign outside the bar in Poglio read?
5. Why does Tom go see Wright and Mandingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike scam Julian and Lipsey in regard to the painting?
2. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
3. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
4. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
5. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
6. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
7. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
8. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
9. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
10. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)