|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Samantha compare Cardwell to to make herself feel better about robbing him?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(c) Captain Hook.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
2. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
(a) Still on the walls.
(b) Stolen by Samantha and Tom.
(c) Sold at an auction.
(d) Taken by Lampeth.
3. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
(a) His resignation.
(b) A stiff drink.
(c) Money for the forgery.
(d) A cigar.
4. What does Lipsey tell the Contessa that he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He owns an antique shop.
(c) He is a retired school teacher.
(d) He is a retired architect.
5. What does Mike figure out about how Lipsey found him and Dee in Poglio?
(a) Claire told someone.
(b) Lord Cardwell must know.
(c) It was Uncle Charlie.
(d) Samantha must have told someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
2. Where in his house does Cardwell keep his art collection?
3. Where does Cardwell keep the key to the door of the art collection?
4. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
5. Under what pretense does Anne claim that she has the masterpiece painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
2. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
3. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
4. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
5. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
6. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
7. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
8. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
9. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
10. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)