|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocked at the priest's door?
2. What does Mitch ask the manager of the bank to do for him?
(a) Not to discuss the money to Cox.
(b) Cash the checks.
(c) Buy securities.
(d) Show him the vault.
3. Who does Samantha compare Cardwell to to make herself feel better about robbing him?
(a) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Captain Hook.
4. What picture is on the wall of the gallery at Cardwell's that makes Julian upset?
(a) Another Modigliani he has never seen.
(b) A painting by Peter Usher.
(c) The Grave Digger forgery.
(d) The same Modigliani as his.
5. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
(a) An envelope.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A deposit box key.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
2. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
3. When Peter and Mitch make their second phone call to the newspaper, why do they change papers?
4. What do Samantha and Tom find when they break into Lord Cardwell's house?
5. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do each of the art dealers feel about the request from the forgers and what agreement do they come to?
2. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
3. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
4. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
5. Why does Louis Broom decide not to tell his editor about the phone call he receives concerning the forgeries and what does he do instead?
6. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
7. What does Arnaz's last line, " I had faith in you baby" suggest about the entire scam?
8. What does Julian discover about his Modigliani and what does he first plan on doing about it? How is that plan obstructed? What is his second plan? How is that obstructed? What is his third plan?
9. What occurs in the bar when Lipsey returns to Poglio and finds Dee and Mike there?
10. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)