|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what pretense does Anne claim that she has the masterpiece painting?
(a) An old friend's estate.
(b) Her father's estate.
(c) A deceased relative's estate.
(d) An estate of a businessman.
2. Where does Peter put the paintings after he takes them out of the van?
(a) In Anne's car.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) In Mitch's car.
(d) In another van.
3. What does Anne show Crawford when he states that he needs another opinion about the painting?
(a) An address where Crawford can find her the next day.
(b) A letter with Meunier's letterhead and stamp.
(c) A letter of authenticity from Lampeth.
(d) A stamped certificate from the estate.
4. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
(a) They tell him they are searching for a Modigliani.
(b) They tell him Modigliani's sister has the painting.
(c) They tell him that the painting is in a chateau nearby.
(d) They tell him Dee is related to an art dealer.
5. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lipsey have for Lampeth?
2. What do Samantha and Tom find when they break into Lord Cardwell's house?
3. Who gives Julian directions to the bungalow in Dorset village?
4. What does Peter do to change his appearance?
5. What does Anne go to Harrods' for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
2. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
3. What is Louis' hand in the story of the forgeries once he has the professor identify the painting as such?
4. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
5. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
6. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
7. What set-up does Mitch ask of the manager of the bank where he deposits the money from the paintings?
8. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
9. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
10. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)