|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lipsey decide to wear a camera and sunglasses?
(a) He wants to take pictures.
(b) He does not want to be recognized.
(c) He wants to be a tourist.
(d) He thinks he looks too much like a policeman.
2. How long does it take Mitch and Anne to sell all of the paintings?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Less than two days.
3. What do Samantha and Tom find when they break into Lord Cardwell's house?
(a) The paintings.
(b) Julian is taking a painting.
(c) The paintings are gone.
(d) Guard dogs.
4. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
(a) Charles Lampeth.
(b) An attorney for the estate.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Meunier.
5. Who does Samantha compare Cardwell to to make herself feel better about robbing him?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in his house does Cardwell keep his art collection?
2. What does Mitch tell Peter to do with the portfolios?
3. Who has the real Modigliani?
4. What is the name of the bungalow that Julian goes to in Dorset village?
5. What do the art dealers agree to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lipsey find at the chateau that Mike sends him to?
2. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
3. How does Lipsey discover that Dee and Mike had not yet made it to Poglio?
4. How had Julian changed since the last time that Samantha had seen him now that he is ready to open his gallery?
5. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
6. Why does the priest lie to Mike and Dee about the Danielli family?
7. How does the old man sitting in front of the bar in Poglio play a joke on Dee and Mike?
8. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
9. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
10. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)