|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willow see in the corner by the door as he is about to leave?
(a) A real Modigliani.
(b) A forged painting.
(c) Shopping bags full of groceries.
(d) A pile of cash.
2. What reason does Peter give to the newspaper for the forgeries?
(a) To disgrace the dead artists.
(b) To prove that the art dealers of London only care about money.
(c) To make money.
(d) To draw attention to real live artists.
3. Who has the real Modigliani?
(a) Samantha and Tom.
(c) Mike and Dee.
4. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
(a) He says he found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(b) He says he purchased one of the forgeries.
(c) He says Dee found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(d) He says he knows who forged the paintings in London.
5. Who is Julian driving to see in Dorset village?
(a) An art expert.
(b) Louis Broom.
(c) Dee and Mike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What painting is the first one that Mitch and Anne offer for sale?
2. What does the Contessa share with Lipsey before he leaves the chateau?
3. What is Lampeth's final view on the forgery scam?
4. How does Samantha feel about Lord Cardwell as she dines with him?
5. What does the sign outside the bar in Poglio read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike get hold of the real Modigliani?
2. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
3. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
4. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
5. Who is Mandingo and how does he get involved in Cardwell's collection?
6. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
7. How does the transaction with Crowforth go and then all of the subsequent transactions even though the reader is not given the details?
8. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
9. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
10. Why does Tom go visit Bill Wright?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)