|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
2. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
(a) "Where are you?"
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "Are you a young painter yourself?"
(d) "Are you French?"
3. What makes Moore believe that the Modigliani is NOT a forgery?
(a) The signature.
(b) The colors.
(c) The age of the paint.
(d) The strokes of the brush.
4. What does Cardwell tell Samantha about his wealth?
(a) He earned his money slowly but surely.
(b) He inherited but lost it in the stock market crash then made it back again.
(c) He inherited at twenty-one then invested in businesses.
(d) He started out poor and made some small but good investments.
5. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
(a) Charles Lampeth.
(b) An attorney for the estate.
(c) Mr. Meunier.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willow offer to Lampeth when he returns from his weekend in the country?
2. What does Mitch tell Peter to do with the portfolios?
3. What story does the caller give to Louis Broom?
4. Who does Samantha compare Cardwell to to make herself feel better about robbing him?
5. What does the old man tell Mike and Dee after they buy him a drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom get what is rightfully coming to him?
2. How does the search for the Modigliani bring Dee and Mike closer together?
3. How does Julian continue his search after he leaves the priest?
4. What does Lampeth say to Willow about the effect the forgery scam will have on the art world?
5. How do Mitch and Peter respond to the write-up in the newspaper about themselves?
6. Why does Arnaz show up at Peter's door, and what does he want?
7. What phone call does Louis Broom get at the newspaper that surprises him?
8. How does Julian wind up with a forgery of the Modigliani twice?
9. Who is Gaston Moore and how does he fit into the whole scheme of things in regards to the paintings?
10. Who next comes to visit the priest in Poglio? What information is he looking for and what does the priest tell him?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)