|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lipsey get rough with the old man who will not answer his questions?
(a) Lipsey pushes the old man against a wall.
(b) Lipsey tells him that Dee is a criminal and dangerous.
(c) Lipsey forces the old man to sit in a chair as he grills him.
(d) Lipsey tells him that he will tell the police there is drug-taking in his room.
2. What does Julian decide to do in order to get the cash he needs to travel?
(a) Sell his wife's car.
(b) Sell his wife's jewelry.
(c) Rob a bank.
(d) Forge one of his wife's checks.
3. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be her father.
(b) He claims to be her cousin.
(c) He claims to be an interior decorator.
(d) He claims to be a delivery man.
4. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
(a) Fifty thousand quid.
(b) Five thousand quid.
(c) A thousand quid.
(d) Ten thousand quid.
5. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He threw them in the trash.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He gave them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter take from the supply room at Meunier's?
2. What does Tom explain away to Samantha about his past?
3. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
4. Why does the policeman come to the door of Peter's house?
5. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter Usher become so upset with Charles Lampeth at the reception?
2. Why does Julian visit Samantha yet again and what does he observe about her and Tom?
3. What point does Samantha attempt to make about the movies she has made and the movies that she wants to make?
4. How does the novel open? What characters are introduced? Where are they? Why are they there? What set-up is given right away about Dee and her future?
5. Who else has Mitch gotten involved with the forgery caper while Peter was gone?
6. What will Anne's role be in the forgery scam?
7. How does Lipsey make his way into Dee's apartment?
8. Who is Anita and how does she play a part in the decisions that Samantha is about to make?
9. What happens to Peter after the incident at Belgraves?
10. What lecture does Peter give his art students and why?
This section contains 1,345 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)