|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lampeth receive a postcard from?
(a) His niece, Dee.
(b) His nephew, Mike.
(c) Peter Usher.
(d) A man who has Modigliani sketches.
2. What does Mad Mitch respond when Peter asks him what he thinks of his painting?
(a) "It invites me to pour out a bunch of garbage."
(b) "Rather ask if I would hang it on my wall."
(c) "It has great movement, brushwork and design."
(d) "It would clash with my suite."
3. What do they all do once the policeman leaves Peter's house?
(a) Give up on the scam.
(b) Have a drink.
(c) Call a lawyer.
4. What does Anita want Samantha to do for herself?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Get into show business.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Get a better job.
5. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
(a) She works in the fields.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She has had too many children already.
(d) She has too many siblings to take care of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian decide that he needs in order to secure his future?
2. Why does Dee wear a shirt under her sleeveless dress to the church?
3. Where does Julian find his father-in-law when he goes to request more money?
4. Why has Joe Davies hired Andy?
5. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lecture does Peter give his art students and why?
2. What contest do Peter and Mitch have and why? What comes out of the contest?
3. What will Anne's role be in the forgery scam?
4. Why does Julian steal and sell his wife's car?
5. How is mystery set up almost immediately?
6. Where does Dee's search for the painting begin and why is it a bust?
7. What information does the rabbi give Dee that will help her further her search?
8. How does the novel open? What characters are introduced? Where are they? Why are they there? What set-up is given right away about Dee and her future?
9. What is the basic plan in forging the masterpieces as set up in the beginning of "Part II Chapter V"?
10. How does Lipsey make his way into Dee's apartment?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)