|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Peter go to Meunier's ?
(a) A painting to copy.
(b) Financial help.
(c) Part-time work.
2. What is Peter Usher's second job?
(a) Art teacher.
(c) Clerk in a paint store.
(d) Frame maker.
3. Why doesn't Mad Mitch paint for a living?
(a) He would rather teach.
(b) He fears being a full time artist.
(c) He doesn't believe he has enough talent.
(d) Being a full time artist is too risky financially.
4. What does Tom say that he and Samantha should do with Lord Caldwell's art collection?
(a) Help sell it.
(b) Buy it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Burn it.
5. Whose painting does Mad Mitch and Peter recreate in the contest?
(b) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee want to write her thesis about?
2. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
3. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
4. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
5. Who does Lampeth receive a postcard from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian blame his wife, Sarah, for his impotency?
2. Whose names does Mitch use to set up the bank accounts he and Peter will need? Why does he choose these names?
3. Why does Peter go to work at Meunier's?
4. How does the reader know right away that Tom is going to be trouble for Samantha?
5. What information does the rabbi give Dee that will help her further her search?
6. What happens to Peter after the incident at Belgraves?
7. How is mystery set up almost immediately?
8. After leaving Dee's apartment, where does Lipsey trace her to and what does he discover there?
9. Where does Dee's search for the painting begin and why is it a bust?
10. Why does Peter Usher become so upset with Charles Lampeth at the reception?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)