|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Samantha make of Julian when she goes to see the gallery?
(a) She wants to dine with Lord Cardwell.
(b) She wants Julian to change the time of the opening.
(c) She wants Julian to change the date of the opening.
(d) She wants Julian to save her a special painting.
2. What makes Moore believe that the Modigliani is NOT a forgery?
(a) The signature.
(b) The age of the paint.
(c) The strokes of the brush.
(d) The colors.
3. When was the chateau built?
(a) In the nineteenth century.
(b) In the sixteenth century.
(c) In the seventeenth century.
(d) In the eighteenth century.
4. What question does Mike ask Dee that she says no to?
(a) Will she leave him?
(b) Will she let him help her sell the painting?
(c) Will she live with him?
(d) Will she marry him?
5. Why are Anne and Mitch richly dressed at the Hilton?
(a) They want to spend some of the money they made.
(b) They are meeting important people.
(c) They want to appear to be wealthy.
(d) They are going to a fancy reception.
6. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Wait to see what the police say.
(c) Have a meeting of the art dealers.
(d) Let the other art dealers handle it.
7. What does Anne show Crawford when he states that he needs another opinion about the painting?
(a) A letter of authenticity from Lampeth.
(b) An address where Crawford can find her the next day.
(c) A stamped certificate from the estate.
(d) A letter with Meunier's letterhead and stamp.
8. What commission does Dixon want for the pictures he lends to Lampeth's gallery?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Twenty-five percent.
(c) Thirty-five percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
9. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
(a) They can't wait to get hold of Renalle.
(b) They believe they know who Renalle is.
(c) They will not look any further.
(d) They are glad they don't have to pursue the case further.
10. What does Willow see in the corner by the door as he is about to leave?
(a) Shopping bags full of groceries.
(b) A forged painting.
(c) A pile of cash.
(d) A real Modigliani.
11. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
(a) Stolen by Samantha and Tom.
(b) Still on the walls.
(c) Taken by Lampeth.
(d) Sold at an auction.
12. How many paintings does Peter load into the van?
13. What is the name of the bungalow that Julian goes to in Dorset village?
(a) My Castle.
(d) Art is Life.
14. What painting is the first one that Mitch and Anne offer for sale?
(a) The High Chair.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) The Gravedigger.
(d) A Pissaro.
15. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
(a) A deposit box key.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
2. What reason does Peter give to the newspaper for the forgeries?
3. What question does the reporter ask Peter that he does not answer?
4. What do Samantha and Tom find when they break into Lord Cardwell's house?
5. Who does Anne say spoke with Crawford on the phone when he asks her who it was?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)