|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
(a) They tell him they are searching for a Modigliani.
(b) They tell him that the painting is in a chateau nearby.
(c) They tell him Modigliani's sister has the painting.
(d) They tell him Dee is related to an art dealer.
2. How much did Mitch say he wanted for the first painting?
(a) Seventy-five thousand pounds.
(b) Fifty thousand pounds.
(c) Ninety thousand pounds.
(d) Twenty thousand pounds.
3. Who has the real Modigliani?
(b) Mike and Dee.
(c) Samantha and Tom.
4. What was Anne afraid of during the whole operation of their scam?
(a) Someone recognizing her.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) Not being able to sell the paintings.
(d) Getting her accent correct.
5. Where does Peter drive to in the van?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A college campus.
(c) An art museum.
6. When Julian arrives at Cardwell's, everyone is in the gallery. Where are the paintings?
(a) Stolen by Samantha and Tom.
(b) Taken by Lampeth.
(c) Sold at an auction.
(d) Still on the walls.
7. Who is Mike?
(a) He is Mandingo.
(b) He is the one who called the newspaper.
(c) He is an art expert.
(d) He is the Arnaz character that blackmailed Peter and Mitch.
8. What does the top art expert say about the forgeries?
(a) The paintings are the best forgeries this century.
(b) The forgeries were so-so.
(c) He would have noticed immediately that they were forgeries.
(d) The forgeries are not well done--no one should have been duped.
9. What does Mitch take with him when he leaves the bank?
(b) An envelope.
(c) A deposit box key.
(d) A phone number.
10. What was it that the priest thought made the cheese better?
(a) The coffee.
(b) The wine.
(c) The mold.
(d) The bread.
11. Who is Julian driving to see in Dorset village?
(a) An art expert.
(b) Louis Broom.
(c) Dee and Mike.
12. What picture is on the wall of the gallery at Cardwell's that makes Julian upset?
(a) The Grave Digger forgery.
(b) The same Modigliani as his.
(c) Another Modigliani he has never seen.
(d) A painting by Peter Usher.
13. What makes Moore believe that the Modigliani is NOT a forgery?
(a) The age of the paint.
(b) The signature.
(c) The colors.
(d) The strokes of the brush.
14. How much does Crawford pay for the painting?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Twenty-five thousand.
(c) Thirty thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
15. What does Mitch ask the manager of the bank to do for him?
(a) Cash the checks.
(b) Show him the vault.
(c) Buy securities.
(d) Not to discuss the money to Cox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims the Van Gogh is a forgery after seeing it?
2. Who else was at the Danielli's bar when Mike and Dee got there?
3. What kind of a car does Lipsey rent to go to Poglio?
4. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
5. Where in his house does Cardwell keep his art collection?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)