|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police say in the paper about the forgers?
(a) They will not look any further.
(b) They believe they know who Renalle is.
(c) They are glad they don't have to pursue the case further.
(d) They can't wait to get hold of Renalle.
2. What does Julian tell Samantha at dinner about a painting?
(a) He says he found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(b) He says he knows who forged the paintings in London.
(c) He says Dee found the Modigliani in Poglio.
(d) He says he purchased one of the forgeries.
3. Who gives Julian directions to the bungalow in Dorset village?
(a) A peasant woman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A cowhand.
4. What Modigliani does Samantha admire?
(a) A woman holding her infant at her breast.
(b) A woman tending to her chores.
(c) A man and a woman dancing.
(d) A naked woman kneeling on the floor.
5. Why does Tom go see Wright and Mandingo?
(a) He wants them to buy the paintings he plans on stealing.
(b) He wants them to help him sell the paintings he plans on stealing.
(c) He wants them to steal the paintings.
(d) He wants them to "fix" the police where Cardwell lives.
6. Who knocked at the priest's door?
7. What does Willow see in the corner by the door as he is about to leave?
(a) A real Modigliani.
(b) A forged painting.
(c) A pile of cash.
(d) Shopping bags full of groceries.
8. What does Anne do when she gets into the taxi after she sells the painting?
(a) She sobs.
(b) She does not say a word.
(c) She laughs wildly.
(d) She vomits.
9. How much did Mike pay for the Modigliani?
(a) Ten thousand pounds.
(b) Eighty pounds.
(c) Twenty thousand pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
10. What thought does Lipsey have about Mike as he heads back to Poglio from the chateau?
(a) That Mike knew the Contessa.
(b) That Mike may have misled him.
(c) That Mike knew nothing.
(d) That Mike may have already been to the chateau.
11. What story does the caller give to Louis Broom?
(a) That Julian Black was a fraud.
(b) That forged art was sold to local dealers.
(c) That Lord Cardwell's collection had been stolen.
(d) That the Modigliani was found.
12. What does Willow suggest they do about the "ransom"?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Have a meeting of the art dealers.
(c) Wait to see what the police say.
(d) Let the other art dealers handle it.
13. Who has the real Modigliani?
(a) Samantha and Tom.
(b) Mike and Dee.
14. What does the Contessa share with Lipsey before he leaves the chateau?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) The whereabouts of the Modigliani.
(d) A secret about Modigliani.
15. When Peter and Mitch make their second phone call to the newspaper, why do they change papers?
(a) They did not like the way the first paper handled things.
(b) They want to give another reporter the scoop.
(c) They are afraid Scotland Yard will trace the call.
(d) They didn't want Mitch's voice to be recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Samantha make of Julian when she goes to see the gallery?
2. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
3. How much did Mitch say he wanted for the first painting?
4. What question does Mike ask Dee that she says no to?
5. What did Lipsey and Black give for a reason for giving Mike fifty thousand pounds each?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)