|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A studio for painting.
(b) A newspaper ad.
(c) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(d) A bank account.
2. Where is Dee in the opening of "Part II, Chapter 1"?
(a) On a bike in Paris.
(b) In a cab in London.
(c) On a train in Italy.
(d) On a bus in Spain.
3. What part must Peter play now in the scam?
(a) He must keep an eye out for authorities.
(b) He must take Anne to the galleries to sell the forgeries.
(c) He must try to sell the forgeries once they are done.
(d) He must go to the galleries and figure out what they should paint.
4. Who has Mad Mitch found to back his and Peter's scam?
(a) Lord Caldwell.
(b) A small time criminal.
(c) A retired art gallery owner.
5. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be her father.
(b) He claims to be her cousin.
(c) He claims to be a delivery man.
(d) He claims to be an interior decorator.
6. What does Julian notice on the wall of Samantha's house?
(a) A picture of his wife and another man.
(b) A postcard from Paris.
(c) A picture of a Modigliani.
(d) A postcard from Livorno.
7. What does Peter take from the supply room at Meunier's?
(a) Paper clips.
(c) Expensive pens.
(d) A rubber stamp and headed paper.
8. What does Anita want Samantha to do for herself?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Get a better job.
(c) Get into show business.
(d) Go to college.
9. How does Sarah react when Julian asks her for more money?
(a) She becomes belligerent.
(b) She storms out of the house.
(c) She becomes physically abusive.
(d) She is apathetic.
10. Whose paintings does Peter take to Mr. Meunier's office?
(a) Jan Rep, a Dutch painter.
(b) Munch, a German painter.
(c) Braque, a French painter.
(d) Vincent Van Gogh.
11. How does Julian win over Sarah and convince her to marry him?
(a) She believes he is a successful artist.
(b) She falls in love with him because he is so sweet.
(c) He takes her to all of the gallery receptions where she falls in love with him and art.
(d) She believes that he will make a ton of money as an artist some day.
12. How does Peter get what he took from the supply room back to London?
(a) With a messenger.
(b) Through the mail.
(c) In his coat pocket
(d) In a hole in his jacket.
13. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
(a) The painting was hidden behind another painting.
(b) Modigliani was a Jew.
(c) The proprietor knew something he did not tell her.
(d) The priest was hiding something from her.
14. Who is Anita to Samantha?
(a) Her secretary.
(b) Her agent.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her maid.
15. What is the name of the movie that Samantha is interested in doing?
(a) Thirteenth Night.
(b) Twelfth Night.
(c) Night, Night.
(d) A Midsummers Nights Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a city is Livorno?
2. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
3. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
4. What is baby Vibeke doing while her parents are preparing for the scam?
5. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)