|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Julian's father-in-law?
(a) Earl Cabott.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) Lord Cardwell.
2. What brings Julian back to Samantha's house?
(a) He wants to meet Tom.
(b) Sarah sent him to see about the rumors about Samantha.
(c) He wants her to be the opener at the gallery.
(d) He wants her to invest in the gallery.
3. Where does Julian find his father-in-law when he goes to request more money?
(a) On the golf course.
(b) At his home.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) At a tavern.
4. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
(a) Movie critic.
(b) Business jounralist.
(c) Art critic.
(d) Entertainment journalist.
5. What does Lipsey decide that he must do first in his investigation?
(a) Go to hotels in search of where Dee is staying.
(b) Look for the painting.
(c) Visit the police station.
(d) Knock on doors to find Dee.
6. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
(a) Collectors and artists are only in it for the money.
(b) Artists should work for their art and not get involved with collectors.
(c) Collectors don't care at all about the artist himself.
(d) Collectors would rather the artist be dead.
7. What style of paintings does Lampeth sell at his gallery that make him a rich man?
8. What part does Anne play in the scam?
(a) She is coaching Peter and Mitch.
(b) She is giving the men food and drink.
(c) She is watching for any visitors.
(d) She is writing letters.
9. What does Mad Mitch respond when Peter asks him what he thinks of his painting?
(a) "It has great movement, brushwork and design."
(b) "It invites me to pour out a bunch of garbage."
(c) "It would clash with my suite."
(d) "Rather ask if I would hang it on my wall."
10. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
(a) The proprietor knew something he did not tell her.
(b) The painting was hidden behind another painting.
(c) The priest was hiding something from her.
(d) Modigliani was a Jew.
11. Why does Julian drive to Samantha's house after he leaves his father-in-law?
(a) He wants to make Sarah angry.
(b) They are old friends.
(c) He has an appointment to speak to her.
(d) He finds her name in his pocket, and he does not want to go home.
12. Who did Dee send a postcard to to tell about the search in Poglio?
(b) Uncle Charles.
(d) Her mother.
13. What mode of transportation does Peter use to get to Mr. Dixon's gallery?
14. At the apartment in Livorno, what is Lipsey told about Dee?
(a) She stayed one night and left alone.
(b) She stayed one night and left with a man.
(c) She stayed a week and left alone.
(d) She stayed three nights and left with a man.
15. What idea came out of the painting contest between Peter and Mad Mitch?
(a) To forge paintings.
(b) To create painting contests.
(c) To paint off of canvas.
(d) To recreate what the great artists have done in print.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT the issue with Peter Usher's paintings at the gallery?
2. Where is Dee in the opening of "Part II, Chapter 1"?
3. What does Charles Lampeth miss as he reflects about life after dinner at his friends?
4. How does Lipsey get rough with the old man who will not answer his questions?
5. Who comes up to Lampeth at the gallery reception and feigns being Lampeth's friend?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)