|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dee doing in Paris?
(a) Visiting her friend, MIke.
(b) Spending the summer with her brother, MIke.
(c) Studying art.
(d) Simply enjoying the things that she likes.
2. What is the relationship between Willow and Lampeth?
(a) They are partners in the gallery.
(b) They are mere acquaintances.
(c) They are both art dealers for different galleries.
(d) They are worker and boss at the gallery.
3. What does Julian decide that he needs in order to secure his future?
(a) A nicer wife.
(b) The lost Modigliani.
(c) A better education.
4. What does Julian suggest that Sarah do in order for her to get money to give to him?
(a) Sell her car.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Sell the house.
(d) Ask her father.
5. What does Lipsey decide that he must do first in his investigation?
(a) Go to hotels in search of where Dee is staying.
(b) Look for the painting.
(c) Knock on doors to find Dee.
(d) Visit the police station.
6. What three items does Lipsey have to begin his investigation?
(a) Diary entry, newspaper clipping and a photgraph.
(b) Address, photograph and a diary entry.
(c) Postcard, address and a newspaper clipping.
(d) Postcard, address, and a photograph.
7. Why does Dee wear a shirt under her sleeveless dress to the church?
(a) She thought the outfit looked more modest.
(b) She thought that she would be cold.
(c) Catholics don't allow any part of the chest to show.
(d) Catholics don't allow bare arms in church.
8. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A newspaper ad.
(b) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(c) A studio for painting.
(d) A bank account.
9. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She is thinking of leaving film.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has eloped.
(d) She has decided to become an art dealer.
10. What is the name of the gallery that Julian is opening?
(a) Julian and Samantha's Gallery.
(b) Julian's Gallery.
(c) King's Road Gallery.
(d) Black Gallery.
11. Why does the policeman come to the door of Peter's house?
(a) To investigate a theft.
(b) To tell him that the lights are on in the car.
(c) To tell him that he knows something odd is going on in the house.
(d) To investigate a missing painting.
12. How does Julian blackmail Sarah?
(a) He will not tell her father's secret about being broke if she gives him money.
(b) He takes pictures of her in a compromising position.
(c) He tells her that he will tell her father about her behavior.
(d) He says that she can have a divorce if she gives him money.
13. For what does Peter go to Meunier's ?
(a) A painting to copy.
(c) Part-time work.
(d) Financial help.
14. What issue is Samantha having with accepting the part for the movie?
(a) She does not care for the director.
(b) She is not interested in comedy.
(c) It has no message.
(d) There is a nude scene.
15. Who does Lampeth receive a postcard from?
(a) His niece, Dee.
(b) His nephew, Mike.
(c) Peter Usher.
(d) A man who has Modigliani sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mad Mitch paint for a living?
2. What does Charles Lampeth miss as he reflects about life after dinner at his friends?
3. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
4. What mode of transportation does Peter use to get to Mr. Dixon's gallery?
5. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)