|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lipsey decide that he must do first in his investigation?
(a) Go to hotels in search of where Dee is staying.
(b) Look for the painting.
(c) Knock on doors to find Dee.
(d) Visit the police station.
2. What does Joe Davies ask Andy to find out?
(a) How to get rid of Tom Copper.
(b) Where Samantah met Tom Copper.
(c) Who Tom Copper is.
(d) What Tom Copper wants from Samantha.
3. How does the proprietor's wife treat Dee?
(a) She chases her out.
(b) She smiles at her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She screams at her.
4. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A bank account.
(b) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(c) A newspaper ad.
(d) A studio for painting.
5. Who is Julian's father-in-law?
(a) Lord Cardwell.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Earl Cabott.
6. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be her cousin.
(b) He claims to be an interior decorator.
(c) He claims to be her father.
(d) He claims to be a delivery man.
7. What is the relationship between Willow and Lampeth?
(a) They are worker and boss at the gallery.
(b) They are partners in the gallery.
(c) They are both art dealers for different galleries.
(d) They are mere acquaintances.
8. What is baby Vibeke doing while her parents are preparing for the scam?
(a) Watching cartoons.
(b) Playing with a babysitter.
(c) Playing with a plastic box.
9. What does Tom tell Samantha is the reason for Lord Cardwell's wealth?
(a) His inheritences.
(b) His savvy business acumen.
(c) His business manager's solid investments.
(d) The backs of poor men.
10. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She has eloped.
(b) She is thinking of leaving film.
(c) She has decided to become an art dealer.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. How much does Peter plan on making from the scam?
(a) A hundred thousand.
(b) A half a million.
(c) One million.
(d) A few thousand.
12. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
(a) Collectors and artists are only in it for the money.
(b) Collectors don't care at all about the artist himself.
(c) Artists should work for their art and not get involved with collectors.
(d) Collectors would rather the artist be dead.
13. Why does Samantha slap Joe at the party?
(a) He told her she had no talent.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He had Tom investigated.
(d) He told her to get rid of Tom.
14. What kind of a city is Livorno?
(a) Small and quiet.
(b) Large and filled with resorts.
(c) A major port with docks and steelworks.
(d) A metropolitan city of small business and tourist attractions.
15. Why does Julian feel nervous as he enters the office to see Jack Best?
(a) The opening of the gallery.
(b) His talk with Jack.
(c) Who he should invite to the reception.
(d) What art he should display at the reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
2. Why is there a party that Tom, Samantha and Joe attend?
3. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
4. Where is Dee in the opening of "Part II, Chapter 1"?
5. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)