|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
(a) Five thousand quid.
(b) Fifty thousand quid.
(c) A thousand quid.
(d) Ten thousand quid.
2. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
(a) He needed money to move out of Paris.
(b) He had to use it for rent.
(c) He had to feed his family.
(d) He had no money for rent and had to move.
3. What is the subject of the painting of the contest between Peter and Mad Mitch?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gravedigger.
(c) A field of flowers.
(d) A peasant.
4. Why does Dee wear a shirt under her sleeveless dress to the church?
(a) Catholics don't allow any part of the chest to show.
(b) She thought that she would be cold.
(c) Catholics don't allow bare arms in church.
(d) She thought the outfit looked more modest.
5. What does Anita want Samantha to do for herself?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Get a better job.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Get into show business.
6. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
(a) He burned them.
(b) He sold them.
(c) He gave them away.
(d) He threw them in the trash.
7. Why has Joe Davies hired Andy?
(a) He has a more modern image.
(b) He is quite talented.
(c) He is older and more experienced.
(d) He is quite smart.
8. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be her cousin.
(b) He claims to be a delivery man.
(c) He claims to be her father.
(d) He claims to be an interior decorator.
9. Who gives Lipsey the name of the city that Dee and Mike went to to find the Modigliani?
(a) The rabbi in Livorno.
(b) The wife of the proprietor in Livorno.
(c) The young priest in Livorno.
(d) The proprietor in Livorno.
10. What part must Peter play now in the scam?
(a) He must take Anne to the galleries to sell the forgeries.
(b) He must go to the galleries and figure out what they should paint.
(c) He must keep an eye out for authorities.
(d) He must try to sell the forgeries once they are done.
11. What issue is Samantha having with accepting the part for the movie?
(a) She is not interested in comedy.
(b) She does not care for the director.
(c) There is a nude scene.
(d) It has no message.
12. Where does Julian find his father-in-law when he goes to request more money?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) At a tavern.
(c) At his home.
(d) On the golf course.
13. What did the rabbi tell Dee about the painting she was searching for?
(a) That it belonged to a rabbi who had died.
(b) The rabbi was eccentric and sold the painting.
(c) The painting does not exist.
(d) The rabbi gave the painting to his sister.
14. How much does Peter plan on making from the scam?
(a) A few thousand.
(b) One million.
(c) A hundred thousand.
(d) A half a million.
15. Why doesn't Mad Mitch paint for a living?
(a) He fears being a full time artist.
(b) He doesn't believe he has enough talent.
(c) He would rather teach.
(d) Being a full time artist is too risky financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the young priest take Dee to look at paintings?
2. How does the baker look at the girl who comes in for fresh bread in the opening of the story?
3. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
4. What name did Peter give Meunier's as a reference?
5. What does Julian notice on the wall of Samantha's house?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)