|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Peter plan on making from the scam?
(a) A few thousand.
(b) A half a million.
(c) One million.
(d) A hundred thousand.
2. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is thinking of leaving film.
(c) She has decided to become an art dealer.
(d) She has eloped.
3. What does Tom say that he and Samantha should do with Lord Caldwell's art collection?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Help sell it.
(d) Buy it.
4. Who gives Lipsey the name of the city that Dee and Mike went to to find the Modigliani?
(a) The proprietor in Livorno.
(b) The wife of the proprietor in Livorno.
(c) The rabbi in Livorno.
(d) The young priest in Livorno.
5. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
(a) Fifty thousand quid.
(b) Five thousand quid.
(c) Ten thousand quid.
(d) A thousand quid.
6. How does Peter get what he took from the supply room back to London?
(a) In his coat pocket
(b) Through the mail.
(c) In a hole in his jacket.
(d) With a messenger.
7. What does Lipsey decide that he must do first in his investigation?
(a) Visit the police station.
(b) Knock on doors to find Dee.
(c) Go to hotels in search of where Dee is staying.
(d) Look for the painting.
8. What is NOT the issue with Peter Usher's paintings at the gallery?
(a) They are priced incorrectly.
(b) They are not selling.
(c) People don't like them.
(d) They are too avant-garde.
9. What does Tom explain away to Samantha about his past?
(a) Charges against him were dropped.
(b) His ex-wife was a criminal.
(c) Statements about him were lies created by an enemy.
(d) He has an impending divorce and forged a check.
10. What does Tom Copper describe himself as to Samantha when he first meets her at the party?
(a) An architect.
(b) A painter.
(c) An inspector.
(d) A wide boy.
11. What comparison does Peter make about a painter who isn't painting?
(a) Not dancing to a dancer.
(b) Not drinking to a drinker.
(c) Not playing to a musician.
(d) Not smoking to a smoker.
12. Why is there a party that Tom, Samantha and Joe attend?
(a) A Japanese banker wants to invest in the British film industry.
(b) Julian's art gallery is opening.
(c) A new film with one of Joe's clients has just been released.
(d) It is a farewell party for Samantha.
13. What does Peter Usher go to see Mr. Dixon about?
(a) Finding out gossip about Lampeth.
(b) Commissioning Peter for a painting.
(c) Selling one of Peter's paintings.
(d) Showing Peter's work in his gallery.
14. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
(a) He had to use it for rent.
(b) He needed money to move out of Paris.
(c) He had to feed his family.
(d) He had no money for rent and had to move.
15. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
(a) Find good buys in the picture market.
(b) Give him a grandson.
(c) Divorce his daughter.
(d) Find a painter worth something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they all do once the policeman leaves Peter's house?
2. What is Lampeth's business with Lipsey?
3. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
4. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
5. How does the proprietor's wife treat Dee?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)