|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
(a) Peter is angry enough to cause a scene.
(b) Peter is bothered that it will be shown in The New Room.
(c) Peter is disappointed.
(d) Peter is thrilled to get his work shown with Modigliani's.
2. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
(a) A sash she found on the floor.
(b) Her underwear.
(c) The shirt she wore under her dress.
(d) A handkerchief the priest gave her.
3. What does Cardwell mean to do to keep himself in brandy?
(a) Borrow from Lampeth.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Sell his art collection.
(d) Close his company.
4. How does Peter get what he took from the supply room back to London?
(a) With a messenger.
(b) Through the mail.
(c) In a hole in his jacket.
(d) In his coat pocket
5. What does Dee ask the proprietor to tell her?
(a) The name of the art gallery.
(b) Where the cathedral is.
(c) How mcuh she owes him for her room.
(d) The birthplace of Modigliani.
6. What does Julian suggest that Sarah do in order for her to get money to give to him?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Sell her car.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Ask her father.
7. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has eloped.
(c) She has decided to become an art dealer.
(d) She is thinking of leaving film.
8. Who does Lampeth receive a postcard from?
(a) Peter Usher.
(b) His nephew, Mike.
(c) His niece, Dee.
(d) A man who has Modigliani sketches.
9. What does Mad Mitch respond when Peter asks him what he thinks of his painting?
(a) "It would clash with my suite."
(b) "It invites me to pour out a bunch of garbage."
(c) "Rather ask if I would hang it on my wall."
(d) "It has great movement, brushwork and design."
10. What is Peter Usher's second job?
(a) Clerk in a paint store.
(c) Art teacher.
(d) Frame maker.
11. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be her cousin.
(b) He claims to be her father.
(c) He claims to be a delivery man.
(d) He claims to be an interior decorator.
12. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
(a) He had to feed his family.
(b) He had to use it for rent.
(c) He had no money for rent and had to move.
(d) He needed money to move out of Paris.
13. What does Tom tell Samantha is the reason for Lord Cardwell's wealth?
(a) His inheritences.
(b) His savvy business acumen.
(c) The backs of poor men.
(d) His business manager's solid investments.
14. What does Lipsey have for lunch after he has investigated all morning?
(a) Duck and a cigar.
(b) Steak and red wine.
(c) Fish and white wine.
(d) A burger and beer.
15. What does Dee want to write her thesis about?
(a) The relationship between art and experience.
(b) The relationship between drugs and literature.
(c) The relationship between art and youth.
(d) The relationship between art and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Copper describe himself as to Samantha when he first meets her at the party?
2. What does Dee go to the proprietor's apartment for?
3. What does Tom explain away to Samantha about his past?
4. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
5. How does Lipsey get rough with the old man who will not answer his questions?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)