|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lipsey get rough with the old man who will not answer his questions?
(a) Lipsey tells him that Dee is a criminal and dangerous.
(b) Lipsey pushes the old man against a wall.
(c) Lipsey tells him that he will tell the police there is drug-taking in his room.
(d) Lipsey forces the old man to sit in a chair as he grills him.
2. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
(a) Modigliani was a Jew.
(b) The painting was hidden behind another painting.
(c) The proprietor knew something he did not tell her.
(d) The priest was hiding something from her.
3. How does the proprietor's wife treat Dee?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She smiles at her.
(c) She chases her out.
(d) She screams at her.
4. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
(a) He claims to be an interior decorator.
(b) He claims to be a delivery man.
(c) He claims to be her father.
(d) He claims to be her cousin.
5. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A newspaper ad.
(b) A studio for painting.
(c) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(d) A bank account.
6. Who did Dee send a postcard to to tell about the search in Poglio?
(c) Uncle Charles.
(d) Her mother.
7. At the apartment in Livorno, what is Lipsey told about Dee?
(a) She stayed a week and left alone.
(b) She stayed one night and left with a man.
(c) She stayed three nights and left with a man.
(d) She stayed one night and left alone.
8. Why does Samantha slap Joe at the party?
(a) He had Tom investigated.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He told her she had no talent.
(d) He told her to get rid of Tom.
9. For what does Peter go to Meunier's ?
(a) A painting to copy.
(b) Part-time work.
(c) Financial help.
10. What does Peter take from the supply room at Meunier's?
(a) A rubber stamp and headed paper.
(c) Paper clips.
(d) Expensive pens.
11. Whose painting does Mad Mitch and Peter recreate in the contest?
(a) Van Gogh.
12. What does Peter Usher go to see Mr. Dixon about?
(a) Selling one of Peter's paintings.
(b) Showing Peter's work in his gallery.
(c) Commissioning Peter for a painting.
(d) Finding out gossip about Lampeth.
13. What is the name of the movie that Samantha is interested in doing?
(a) Twelfth Night.
(b) Thirteenth Night.
(c) Night, Night.
(d) A Midsummers Nights Dream.
14. Why does the policeman come to the door of Peter's house?
(a) To investigate a missing painting.
(b) To tell him that the lights are on in the car.
(c) To tell him that he knows something odd is going on in the house.
(d) To investigate a theft.
15. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
(a) A thousand quid.
(b) Fifty thousand quid.
(c) Ten thousand quid.
(d) Five thousand quid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
2. Whose paintings does Peter take to Mr. Meunier's office?
3. What does Lipsey decide that he must do first in his investigation?
4. What brings Julian back to Samantha's house?
5. Why does Julian drive to Samantha's house after he leaves his father-in-law?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)