|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of paintings does Lampeth sell at his gallery that make him a rich man?
2. What do the assistants wear at the Belgrave Art Gallery?
(a) Aprons with paint on them.
(b) Black and striped shirts.
(c) Tuxedos and tails.
(d) Large hats with plumes.
3. Where is Dee in the opening of "Part II, Chapter 1"?
(a) In a cab in London.
(b) On a bus in Spain.
(c) On a train in Italy.
(d) On a bike in Paris.
4. Why does Lipsey choose an inexpensive hotel room to stay in during his investigation?
(a) It is part of his camoflouge.
(b) It is his style.
(c) He thinks that he might learn something there.
(d) He can't afford an expensive one.
5. What name did Peter give Meunier's as a reference?
(b) Julian Black.
(c) Lord Caldwell.
(d) Mad Mitch.
6. How does the baker look at the girl who comes in for fresh bread in the opening of the story?
7. What did the rabbi tell Dee about the painting she was searching for?
(a) The rabbi gave the painting to his sister.
(b) That it belonged to a rabbi who had died.
(c) The painting does not exist.
(d) The rabbi was eccentric and sold the painting.
8. How does Julian blackmail Sarah?
(a) He tells her that he will tell her father about her behavior.
(b) He says that she can have a divorce if she gives him money.
(c) He takes pictures of her in a compromising position.
(d) He will not tell her father's secret about being broke if she gives him money.
9. What does Anita want Samantha to do for herself?
(a) Get a better job.
(b) Get into show business.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Go to college.
10. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
(a) Collectors don't care at all about the artist himself.
(b) Collectors and artists are only in it for the money.
(c) Collectors would rather the artist be dead.
(d) Artists should work for their art and not get involved with collectors.
11. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A studio for painting.
(b) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(c) A bank account.
(d) A newspaper ad.
12. What publication does Jack Best work for?
(a) London Magazine.
(b) Paris Tribune.
(c) London Times.
(d) New York Times.
13. What comparison does Peter make about a painter who isn't painting?
(a) Not drinking to a drinker.
(b) Not playing to a musician.
(c) Not smoking to a smoker.
(d) Not dancing to a dancer.
14. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
(a) Find good buys in the picture market.
(b) Divorce his daughter.
(c) Find a painter worth something.
(d) Give him a grandson.
15. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
(a) She has had too many children already.
(b) She has too many siblings to take care of.
(c) She works in the fields.
(d) She is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dee doing in Paris?
2. Who is Julian's father-in-law?
3. What do they all do once the policeman leaves Peter's house?
4. Who comes up to Lampeth at the gallery reception and feigns being Lampeth's friend?
5. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)