|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
(a) A bank account.
(b) A studio for painting.
(c) A gallery that will buy their paintings.
(d) A newspaper ad.
2. What part must Peter play now in the scam?
(a) He must keep an eye out for authorities.
(b) He must go to the galleries and figure out what they should paint.
(c) He must take Anne to the galleries to sell the forgeries.
(d) He must try to sell the forgeries once they are done.
3. Why does Samantha slap Joe at the party?
(a) He told her she had no talent.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He had Tom investigated.
(d) He told her to get rid of Tom.
4. What do they all do once the policeman leaves Peter's house?
(b) Call a lawyer.
(c) Give up on the scam.
(d) Have a drink.
5. What does Cardwell mean to do to keep himself in brandy?
(a) Borrow from Lampeth.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Sell his art collection.
(d) Close his company.
6. What is Dee doing in Paris?
(a) Spending the summer with her brother, MIke.
(b) Studying art.
(c) Visiting her friend, MIke.
(d) Simply enjoying the things that she likes.
7. Why doesn't Mad Mitch paint for a living?
(a) Being a full time artist is too risky financially.
(b) He fears being a full time artist.
(c) He would rather teach.
(d) He doesn't believe he has enough talent.
8. Where is Dee in the opening of "Part II, Chapter 1"?
(a) On a bus in Spain.
(b) In a cab in London.
(c) On a train in Italy.
(d) On a bike in Paris.
9. How does Julian blackmail Sarah?
(a) He tells her that he will tell her father about her behavior.
(b) He will not tell her father's secret about being broke if she gives him money.
(c) He takes pictures of her in a compromising position.
(d) He says that she can have a divorce if she gives him money.
10. What does Tom say that he and Samantha should do with Lord Caldwell's art collection?
(a) Help sell it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Buy it.
11. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She has decided to become an art dealer.
(b) She is thinking of leaving film.
(c) She has eloped.
(d) She is pregnant.
12. What does Dee ask the proprietor to tell her?
(a) Where the cathedral is.
(b) How mcuh she owes him for her room.
(c) The birthplace of Modigliani.
(d) The name of the art gallery.
13. What does Julian suggest that Sarah do in order for her to get money to give to him?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Sell her car.
(c) Ask her father.
(d) Get a job.
14. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
(a) For information concerning her thesis.
(b) To rent a painting.
(c) To purchase hashish.
(d) To purchase a painiting.
15. What does Tom tell Samantha is the reason for Lord Cardwell's wealth?
(a) His savvy business acumen.
(b) His business manager's solid investments.
(c) The backs of poor men.
(d) His inheritences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of paintings does Lampeth sell at his gallery that make him a rich man?
2. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
3. What does Peter Usher go to see Mr. Dixon about?
4. Who gives Lipsey the name of the city that Dee and Mike went to to find the Modigliani?
5. What do the assistants wear at the Belgrave Art Gallery?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)