|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian win over Sarah and convince her to marry him?
(a) He takes her to all of the gallery receptions where she falls in love with him and art.
(b) She believes that he will make a ton of money as an artist some day.
(c) She believes he is a successful artist.
(d) She falls in love with him because he is so sweet.
2. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She has decided to become an art dealer.
(b) She is thinking of leaving film.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has eloped.
3. When Julian arrives home after seeing Jack Best at the office, what does he find Sarah has done most of the day?
(b) Watch the gardener.
4. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
(a) Collectors don't care at all about the artist himself.
(b) Artists should work for their art and not get involved with collectors.
(c) Collectors would rather the artist be dead.
(d) Collectors and artists are only in it for the money.
5. What does Tom tell Samantha is the reason for Lord Cardwell's wealth?
(a) The backs of poor men.
(b) His business manager's solid investments.
(c) His savvy business acumen.
(d) His inheritences.
6. What does Charles Lampeth miss as he reflects about life after dinner at his friends?
(a) The conversations they used to have.
(b) His friend's chef.
(c) The kind of parties and balls only now seen in historical movies.
(d) The cigars they used to smoke.
7. What style of paintings does Lampeth sell at his gallery that make him a rich man?
8. At the apartment in Livorno, what is Lipsey told about Dee?
(a) She stayed a week and left alone.
(b) She stayed one night and left with a man.
(c) She stayed one night and left alone.
(d) She stayed three nights and left with a man.
9. Who has Mad Mitch found to back his and Peter's scam?
(b) A retired art gallery owner.
(c) A small time criminal.
(d) Lord Caldwell.
10. What is Jack Best's specific profession?
(a) Movie critic.
(b) Business jounralist.
(c) Art critic.
(d) Entertainment journalist.
11. What does the telegram reference that Dee receives?
(a) A tragedy in her family.
(b) Results of an exam.
(c) An acceptance into a Ph. D. program.
(d) A notice to come home immediately.
12. Why is there a party that Tom, Samantha and Joe attend?
(a) A new film with one of Joe's clients has just been released.
(b) Julian's art gallery is opening.
(c) It is a farewell party for Samantha.
(d) A Japanese banker wants to invest in the British film industry.
13. What idea came out of the painting contest between Peter and Mad Mitch?
(a) To create painting contests.
(b) To recreate what the great artists have done in print.
(c) To forge paintings.
(d) To paint off of canvas.
14. What does Joe Davies ask Andy to find out?
(a) How to get rid of Tom Copper.
(b) Who Tom Copper is.
(c) What Tom Copper wants from Samantha.
(d) Where Samantah met Tom Copper.
15. What does Dee ask the proprietor to tell her?
(a) How mcuh she owes him for her room.
(b) The name of the art gallery.
(c) Where the cathedral is.
(d) The birthplace of Modigliani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lipsey choose an inexpensive hotel room to stay in during his investigation?
2. How does Sarah react when Julian asks her for more money?
3. Why does Julian feel nervous as he enters the office to see Jack Best?
4. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
5. What revelation does Dee come to after she takes a nap in the afternoon?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)