Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
(a) A sash she found on the floor.
(b) The shirt she wore under her dress.
(c) A handkerchief the priest gave her.
(d) Her underwear.
2. Why does Julian feel nervous as he enters the office to see Jack Best?
(a) Who he should invite to the reception.
(b) The opening of the gallery.
(c) What art he should display at the reception.
(d) His talk with Jack.
3. What news does Lampeth give Peter Usher at the gallery reception?
(a) They will never show his work.
(b) They will show his work with Modigliani's
(c) His showing will be postponed.
(d) They will use The New Room to show his work.
4. Who is Anita to Samantha?
(a) Her secretary.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her maid.
(d) Her agent.
5. What does Tom tell Samantha is the reason for Lord Cardwell's wealth?
(a) His business manager's solid investments.
(b) His savvy business acumen.
(c) His inheritences.
(d) The backs of poor men.
6. What did the rabbi tell Dee about the painting she was searching for?
(a) That it belonged to a rabbi who had died.
(b) The rabbi was eccentric and sold the painting.
(c) The rabbi gave the painting to his sister.
(d) The painting does not exist.
7. What do Mad Mitch, Peter and Anne all do together in Peter's house?
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Make a fancy meal.
(d) Tell stories of art school.
8. Why does the policeman come to the door of Peter's house?
(a) To tell him that he knows something odd is going on in the house.
(b) To investigate a theft.
(c) To tell him that the lights are on in the car.
(d) To investigate a missing painting.
9. What is the name of the gallery that Julian is opening?
(a) Julian's Gallery.
(b) Julian and Samantha's Gallery.
(c) King's Road Gallery.
(d) Black Gallery.
10. What does Julian decide to do in order to get the cash he needs to travel?
(a) Forge one of his wife's checks.
(b) Sell his wife's car.
(c) Rob a bank.
(d) Sell his wife's jewelry.
11. What kind of a city is Livorno?
(a) A major port with docks and steelworks.
(b) Small and quiet.
(c) Large and filled with resorts.
(d) A metropolitan city of small business and tourist attractions.
12. How does the proprietor's wife treat Dee?
(a) She screams at her.
(b) She smiles at her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She chases her out.
13. What does Tom explain away to Samantha about his past?
(a) His ex-wife was a criminal.
(b) Statements about him were lies created by an enemy.
(c) Charges against him were dropped.
(d) He has an impending divorce and forged a check.
14. What surprising statement does Samantha give Jimmy when he comes for an interview?
(a) She has eloped.
(b) She is thinking of leaving film.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has decided to become an art dealer.
15. What is the name of the movie that Samantha is interested in doing?
(a) Night, Night.
(b) Twelfth Night.
(c) Thirteenth Night.
(d) A Midsummers Nights Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee want to write her thesis about?
2. What style of paintings does Lampeth sell at his gallery that make him a rich man?
3. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
4. How does Lipsey get the landlord to let him into Dee's apartment?
5. What has Mad Mitch set up for his and Peter's scam?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)