|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Peter and Mitch's backer put up?
(a) Five thousand quid.
(b) Ten thousand quid.
(c) Fifty thousand quid.
(d) A thousand quid.
2. What does Tom Copper describe himself as to Samantha when he first meets her at the party?
(a) An inspector.
(b) An architect.
(c) A painter.
(d) A wide boy.
3. What does the telegram reference that Dee receives?
(a) A tragedy in her family.
(b) A notice to come home immediately.
(c) An acceptance into a Ph. D. program.
(d) Results of an exam.
4. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
(a) Find a painter worth something.
(b) Find good buys in the picture market.
(c) Divorce his daughter.
(d) Give him a grandson.
5. What does Cardwell mean to do to keep himself in brandy?
(a) Close his company.
(b) Borrow from Lampeth.
(c) Sell his art collection.
(d) Sell his estate.
6. Whose paintings does Peter take to Mr. Meunier's office?
(a) Braque, a French painter.
(b) Jan Rep, a Dutch painter.
(c) Munch, a German painter.
(d) Vincent Van Gogh.
7. At the apartment in Livorno, what is Lipsey told about Dee?
(a) She stayed three nights and left with a man.
(b) She stayed a week and left alone.
(c) She stayed one night and left alone.
(d) She stayed one night and left with a man.
8. How does Sarah react when Julian asks her for more money?
(a) She becomes belligerent.
(b) She becomes physically abusive.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She storms out of the house.
9. What part does Anne play in the scam?
(a) She is giving the men food and drink.
(b) She is watching for any visitors.
(c) She is coaching Peter and Mitch.
(d) She is writing letters.
10. What news does Lampeth give Peter Usher at the gallery reception?
(a) They will show his work with Modigliani's
(b) His showing will be postponed.
(c) They will use The New Room to show his work.
(d) They will never show his work.
11. What name did Peter give Meunier's as a reference?
(a) Mad Mitch.
(c) Lord Caldwell.
(d) Julian Black.
12. Who is Julian's father-in-law?
(a) Earl Cabott.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Lord Cardwell.
13. Why is there a party that Tom, Samantha and Joe attend?
(a) It is a farewell party for Samantha.
(b) Julian's art gallery is opening.
(c) A Japanese banker wants to invest in the British film industry.
(d) A new film with one of Joe's clients has just been released.
14. Who is Anita to Samantha?
(a) Her agent.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her secretary.
(d) Her maid.
15. What does Charles Lampeth miss as he reflects about life after dinner at his friends?
(a) The conversations they used to have.
(b) The kind of parties and balls only now seen in historical movies.
(c) The cigars they used to smoke.
(d) His friend's chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Usher go to see Mr. Dixon about?
2. Whose painting does Mad Mitch and Peter recreate in the contest?
3. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
4. What does Mad Mitch respond when Peter asks him what he thinks of his painting?
5. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)