|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the old man say received one of Modigliani's paintings?
(a) Another artist.
(b) Dee's Uncle Charles.
(c) An old girlfriend of Modigliani.
(d) A priest.
2. Why does Julian feel nervous as he enters the office to see Jack Best?
(a) The opening of the gallery.
(b) What art he should display at the reception.
(c) Who he should invite to the reception.
(d) His talk with Jack.
3. What does Tom Copper describe himself as to Samantha when he first meets her at the party?
(a) An inspector.
(b) A painter.
(c) A wide boy.
(d) An architect.
4. Why is there a party that Tom, Samantha and Joe attend?
(a) A new film with one of Joe's clients has just been released.
(b) A Japanese banker wants to invest in the British film industry.
(c) It is a farewell party for Samantha.
(d) Julian's art gallery is opening.
5. What three items does Lipsey have to begin his investigation?
(a) Diary entry, newspaper clipping and a photgraph.
(b) Address, photograph and a diary entry.
(c) Postcard, address, and a photograph.
(d) Postcard, address and a newspaper clipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lampeth give Peter Usher at the gallery reception?
2. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
3. What did the rabbi tell Dee about the painting she was searching for?
4. What is Dee doing in Paris?
5. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)