|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
(a) Peter is angry enough to cause a scene.
(b) Peter is disappointed.
(c) Peter is bothered that it will be shown in The New Room.
(d) Peter is thrilled to get his work shown with Modigliani's.
2. What is Peter Usher's second job?
(a) Clerk in a paint store.
(c) Frame maker.
(d) Art teacher.
3. With what does Dee wipe the dust off of the paintings?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) The shirt she wore under her dress.
(c) A sash she found on the floor.
(d) A handkerchief the priest gave her.
4. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
(a) For information concerning her thesis.
(b) To rent a painting.
(c) To purchase a painiting.
(d) To purchase hashish.
5. What does Dee want to write her thesis about?
(a) The relationship between art and drugs.
(b) The relationship between art and youth.
(c) The relationship between drugs and literature.
(d) The relationship between art and experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the assistants wear at the Belgrave Art Gallery?
2. What publication does Jack Best work for?
3. What did the rabbi tell Dee about the painting she was searching for?
4. What does Julian's father-in-law tell him to do that will allow him to give Julian more money?
5. Who does the old man say received one of Modigliani's paintings?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)