|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julian drive to Samantha's house after he leaves his father-in-law?
(a) They are old friends.
(b) He wants to make Sarah angry.
(c) He has an appointment to speak to her.
(d) He finds her name in his pocket, and he does not want to go home.
2. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
(a) Collectors would rather the artist be dead.
(b) Collectors don't care at all about the artist himself.
(c) Collectors and artists are only in it for the money.
(d) Artists should work for their art and not get involved with collectors.
3. What is NOT the issue with Peter Usher's paintings at the gallery?
(a) They are priced incorrectly.
(b) They are too avant-garde.
(c) People don't like them.
(d) They are not selling.
4. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He gave them away.
(c) He threw them in the trash.
(d) He burned them.
5. Why did Modigliani have to get rid of his paintings?
(a) He had no money for rent and had to move.
(b) He needed money to move out of Paris.
(c) He had to feed his family.
(d) He had to use it for rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Peter use to get to Mr. Dixon's gallery?
2. How does Peter Usher react to the news that Lampeth gives him at the gallery reception?
3. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
4. What publication does Jack Best work for?
5. How does the baker look at the girl who comes in for fresh bread in the opening of the story?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)