|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter Usher's second job?
(a) Art teacher.
(b) Frame maker.
(c) Clerk in a paint store.
2. Why will Anita look forty in ten years when she is only eighteen?
(a) She works in the fields.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She has had too many children already.
(d) She has too many siblings to take care of.
3. What does Mad Mitch respond when Peter asks him what he thinks of his painting?
(a) "It invites me to pour out a bunch of garbage."
(b) "It would clash with my suite."
(c) "It has great movement, brushwork and design."
(d) "Rather ask if I would hang it on my wall."
4. What does Cardwell mean to do to keep himself in brandy?
(a) Close his company.
(b) Borrow from Lampeth.
(c) Sell his estate.
(d) Sell his art collection.
5. How does Sarah react when Julian asks her for more money?
(a) She becomes belligerent.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She storms out of the house.
(d) She becomes physically abusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lampeth's business with Lipsey?
2. Who is Anita to Samantha?
3. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
4. What does Lampeth say is the reason for the increase in the art market?
5. What is NOT the issue with Peter Usher's paintings at the gallery?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)