|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Usher go to see Mr. Dixon about?
(a) Showing Peter's work in his gallery.
(b) Selling one of Peter's paintings.
(c) Finding out gossip about Lampeth.
(d) Commissioning Peter for a painting.
2. What does Cardwell mean to do to keep himself in brandy?
(a) Sell his art collection.
(b) Sell his estate.
(c) Borrow from Lampeth.
(d) Close his company.
3. What does Julian notice on the wall of Samantha's house?
(a) A picture of his wife and another man.
(b) A postcard from Paris.
(c) A postcard from Livorno.
(d) A picture of a Modigliani.
4. How much does Peter plan on making from the scam?
(a) A hundred thousand.
(b) One million.
(c) A few thousand.
(d) A half a million.
5. What does Mitch ask the manager of the bank to do for him?
(a) Not to discuss the money to Cox.
(b) Cash the checks.
(c) Show him the vault.
(d) Buy securities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information do Dee and Mike give Lipsey?
2. What does Dee ask the proprietor to tell her?
3. What had Modigliani done with most of his paintings that he painted while he was high?
4. What does Peter believe about the artist and the collectors?
5. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)