Part I, Chapters 1-5
1. How does the baker look at the girl who comes in for fresh bread in the opening of the story?
2. What is Dee doing in Paris?
(a) Spending the summer with her brother, MIke.
(b) Studying art.
(c) Simply enjoying the things that she likes.
(d) Visiting her friend, MIke.
3. What does the telegram reference that Dee receives?
(a) A tragedy in her family.
(b) A notice to come home immediately.
(c) Results of an exam.
(d) An acceptance into a Ph. D. program.
4. What does Dee want to write her thesis about?
(a) The relationship between art and drugs.
(b) The relationship between art and youth.
(c) The relationship between drugs and literature.
(d) The relationship between art and experience.
5. Why does Dee go to see the old man who lives above the fish shop?
(a) To rent a painting.
(b) To purchase hashish.
(c) To purchase a painiting.
(d) For information concerning her thesis.
This section contains 5,517 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)