|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Plato present at Socrates' execution?
(a) Phaedo doesn't say.
(b) No, he did not want to attend.
(c) No, he was unwell.
2. How did Socrates interpret his dream?
(a) He believed he had two days left to live.
(b) He felt that Apollo might save him from his fate.
(c) He knew what awaited him in the Underworld.
(d) He believed there might be a way for him to escape his execution.
3. The main point of The Crito is the discussion of what ideal?
4. What did Socrates say about the jurors who convicted him?
(a) They didn't know any better.
(b) They were doing what they felt was just.
(c) The jury committed an injustice against him.
(d) They were being selfish.
5. What term did the Greeks use to refer to the souls of the departed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tarrant, why did Socrates submit so easily to his sentencing?
2. Who is Crito?
3. Who is the intended audience for the Phaedo?
4. What was the view of Socrates' friends on the topic of suicide?
5. Who was the young woman at Socrates' execution?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)