|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crito first attempted to persuade Socrates with what type of argument?
2. Approximately how many people were present at Socrates' execution?
3. How was Socrates executed?
(a) Self-administered hemlock poisoning.
(b) Thrown to the lions.
(c) Drawing and quartering.
(d) Firing squad.
4. According to Tarrant, what parts of a person did the Greeks believe persisted through death?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their communicative powers.
(d) Their emotions.
5. Who was the young woman at Socrates' execution?
(a) Her identity is unknown.
(b) Phaedo's sister.
(c) Socrates' daughter.
(d) Socrates' niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates' friends, what happens when someone learns something?
2. Why did Socrates ask Crito to be cautious?
3. What does "transmigration of souls" mean?
4. Was Plato present at Socrates' execution?
5. What did the Pythagoreans conclude about the nature of matter?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)