|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Crito's dialogue with Socrates, who had the right to control a given set of circumstances, or a relationship?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The most ethical.
(c) Qualified individuals, or experts.
(d) The ones who had been given authority by the state.
2. According to Tarrant, why did Socrates submit so easily to his sentencing?
(a) He chose it over being banished.
(b) It afforded him some control.
(c) He had no will to live.
(d) He had a terminal illness.
3. Who is Phaedo?
(a) Plato's brother.
(b) Socrates' son.
(c) Meletus' cousin.
(d) One of Socrates' friends.
4. When did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
(a) Before Socrates' sentencing.
(b) After Socrates' sentencing, but before his death.
(c) Before Socrates was informed that he was being prosecuted.
(d) At Socrates' execution.
5. Approximately how many people were present at Socrates' execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was on Socrates' team in the debate at the end of Book 5, Chapter 2?
2. What does the term "philosopher" mean?
3. What did Socrates expect when he passed into the Underworld, according to his dialogue with Crito?
4. On what day does the "Phaedo" take place?
5. What concept does Tarrant label as "Christian," which he says the Greeks did not possess?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)