|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason, according to Socrates, for "mislogic"?
(a) People don't know how to use logic correctly.
(b) People don't understand the limitations of logic.
(c) People are more interested in "winning" an argument than in knowing the truth.
(d) People are defeated in logical arguments.
2. What was the reason for what happened to Socrates after his trial?
(a) One of his family members interfered with his sentencing.
(b) An Athenian practice which had nothing to do with Socrates.
(c) The judge who presided over his trial reconsidered the sentencing.
(d) One of Socrates' friends, who betrayed him.
3. In what area of thought did the Pythagorean school excel?
(d) All answers are correct.
4. According to Crito and Socrates, is it just to harm another person if it is purely in retaliation?
(a) The two can't agree.
(c) It depends on the circumstances.
5. Where did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
(a) In Socrates' prison cell.
(b) In the Athenian marketplace.
(c) In Crito's home.
(d) In the courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "mislogic", according to Socrates?
2. What did the Pythagoreans conclude about the nature of matter?
3. What did Crito say about Socrates' dream?
4. Who temporarily won the debate in Book 5, Chapter 2?
5. What new activity did Socrates try while in prison?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)