|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Phaedo: Chapter 2, The Phaedo Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates claimed that he was questioning Euthyphro for what reason?
(a) Because he wanted to learn from Euthyphro.
(b) Because he wanted Euthyphro to make the best decision for his circumstances.
(c) Because he just wanted to have an intellectual debate.
(d) Because he wanted Euthyphro to see the error of his decision.
2. What did Crito want Socrates to do?
(a) Make peace with his relatives.
(b) Appeal his sentence before it was too late.
(c) Attempt to escape from prison.
(d) Spend time with his family before his death.
3. What is misanthropy?
(a) Hatred of women.
(b) Hatred of people.
(c) Committing a social blunder.
(d) Lack of social skills.
4. What was Socrates' objection to Euthyphro prosecuting his relative?
(a) Euthyphro had no way to be sure he was prosecuting the right person.
(b) Loyalty to family should come before loyalty to the law.
(c) Euthyphro was known to have committed some minor crimes himself, and no one in his family prosecuted him for it.
(d) Euthyphro didn't know all of the circumstances surrounding the crime.
5. What did Socrates expect when he passed into the Underworld, according to his dialogue with Crito?
(a) He expects to be judged.
(b) He expects to have all his questions answered.
(c) He expects to meet his friends who have passed before him.
(d) He expects to be reborn into another life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was prosecuting Socrates?
2. What was the biggest factor that confused the debate between Socrates and Euthyphro?
3. What did Crito say about Socrates' dream?
4. Where did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
5. What does "transmigration of souls" mean?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)