|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Phaedo: Chapter 2, The Phaedo Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Crito's dialogue with Socrates, who had the right to control a given set of circumstances, or a relationship?
(a) The ones who had been given authority by the state.
(b) Qualified individuals, or experts.
(c) The most ethical.
(d) The wealthy.
2. Was Plato present at Socrates' execution?
(a) No, he did not want to attend.
(c) No, he was unwell.
(d) Phaedo doesn't say.
3. What did Socrates say about the jurors who convicted him?
(a) They didn't know any better.
(b) They were doing what they felt was just.
(c) The jury committed an injustice against him.
(d) They were being selfish.
4. When did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
(a) Before Socrates was informed that he was being prosecuted.
(b) Before Socrates' sentencing.
(c) After Socrates' sentencing, but before his death.
(d) At Socrates' execution.
5. Each theory about the afterlife that is presented by Socrates' friends represents a different conception of what?
(c) The gods.
(d) The soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
2. How did Socrates interpret his dream?
3. What does the term "epistemology" mean, in philosophy?
4. Why did Crito come to visit Socrates?
5. What prompted Socrates to try this new activity in prison?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)