|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
2. Who are they being chased by?
3. Who owns the pub?
4. Where does Mad take Rincewind?
5. Who gives Rincewind a ride, and in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
2. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
3. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
4. What does the Librarian wonder about?
5. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
6. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
7. What does Rincewind notice on the walls and why are they odd?
8. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
9. What is ailing the Librarian?
10. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
Essay Topic 2
What issue is the God on Mono Island attempting to overcome? What suggestions are made by the wizards? Who is tasked with explaining the process to the God?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of the different animals throughout the story. How are the animals portrayed, as mindless beasts or thoughtful creatures? Utilizing quotes from the book, support your answer.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)