|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rincewind's former position?
2. What does the God consider making to solve his problem?
3. What does Rincewind follow blindly?
4. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
5. What does the Senior Wrangler believe the Egregious Professor is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
2. What does the Librarian wonder about?
3. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
4. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
5. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
6. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
7. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
8. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
9. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
10. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles of the different animals throughout the story. How are the animals portrayed, as mindless beasts or thoughtful creatures? Utilizing quotes from the book, support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)