|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wizards get their breakfast?
2. What is ailing the Librarian?
3. Where do black and white figures appear to Rincewind?
4. Who should know the location of Fourecks?
5. Who tells Rincewind he is being called to a quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
2. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
3. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
4. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
5. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
6. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
7. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
8. What does Rincewind notice on the walls and why are they odd?
9. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
10. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What invention is responsible for the displacement of Rincewind? Why did this happen? Who created this invention? What is the reason that the wizards are so anxious to locate Rincewind? What information do the wizards require and why?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)