|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stibbons currently studying?
2. What happens to Scrappy as Rincewind naps?
3. What is ailing the Librarian?
4. What is discovered by an opal miner?
5. What is Rincewind's former position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
2. What is ailing the Librarian?
3. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
4. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
5. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
6. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
7. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
8. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
9. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
10. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 3
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)