|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wreaking havoc in the outback?
2. What is discovered by an opal miner?
3. What do the wizards build for Mrs. Whitlow?
4. What happens to the huge reptile that stumbles out of the forest towards them?
5. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
2. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
3. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
4. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
5. What does the Librarian wonder about?
6. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
7. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
8. What does Rincewind notice on the walls and why are they odd?
9. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
10. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of the different animals throughout the story. How are the animals portrayed, as mindless beasts or thoughtful creatures? Utilizing quotes from the book, support your answer.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)