|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
2. Who does Rincewind realize is stalking him?
3. Who should know the location of Fourecks?
4. What does the God decide to provide the wizards?
5. Who does Rincewind find when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
2. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
3. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
4. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
5. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
6. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
7. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
8. What does the Librarian wonder about?
9. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
10. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Rincewind overcomes the different challenges that he is faced with. Is he more of a hands on guy or would rather be helped along? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)