|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
2. Where does Mad take Rincewind?
3. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
4. What does the Senior Wrangler believe the Egregious Professor is doing?
5. What is discovered by an opal miner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
2. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
3. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
4. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
5. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
6. What is ailing the Librarian?
7. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
8. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
9. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
10. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Rincewind overcomes the different challenges that he is faced with. Is he more of a hands on guy or would rather be helped along? Explain your answer.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)