|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mad take Rincewind?
2. What is discovered by an opal miner?
3. Who routinely fills empty ocean space on various worlds?
4. What kind of delicacies grow on plants that the wizards collect for Mrs. Whitlow?
5. Where does Rincewind the Wizzard wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
2. Where do Neilette and Rincewind hide during the earthquake and what do they see when they emerge?
3. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
4. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
5. Who is the Bursar reminded of and what was he most widely remembered for?
6. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
7. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
8. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
9. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
10. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
What issue is the God on Mono Island attempting to overcome? What suggestions are made by the wizards? Who is tasked with explaining the process to the God?
This section contains 1,647 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)