|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what continent is Rincewind?
2. From where is Rincewind getting nourishment?
3. What has Rincewind's arrival done?
4. What is Stibbons fascinated with?
5. What do the foraging wizards gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ailing the Librarian?
2. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
3. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
4. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
5. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
6. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
7. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
8. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
9. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
10. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
Essay Topic 2
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Many times, Rincewind is in a bind and other characters come along to help him out. How many times was he assisted through the more difficult trials in the book by another individual? What role did this individual play in the plot? Explain your answer utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)