|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rincewind realize is stalking him?
2. What do the foraging wizards gather?
3. What happens to the huge reptile that stumbles out of the forest towards them?
4. Who is put in charge of building a boat?
5. What happens to Scrappy as Rincewind naps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rincewind notice about the Roo Beer poster and how does it help him during the sheep shearing contest?
2. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
3. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
4. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
5. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
6. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
7. Who is the Bursar reminded of and what was he most widely remembered for?
8. What is ailing the Librarian?
9. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
10. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Rincewind overcomes the different challenges that he is faced with. Is he more of a hands on guy or would rather be helped along? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the central themes of this novel? How does the author combine them? What do they all have in common? How does the author successfully bridge the gap between fantasy and reality for each theme?
Essay Topic 3
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
This section contains 1,601 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)