|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ailing the Librarian?
2. What does the God decide to provide the wizards?
3. What does Rincewind continue to find?
4. Where do black and white figures appear to Rincewind?
5. What frightens Rincewind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
2. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
3. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
4. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
5. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
6. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
7. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
8. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
9. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
10. What does the Librarian wonder about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
Essay Topic 2
What are the central themes of this novel? How does the author combine them? What do they all have in common? How does the author successfully bridge the gap between fantasy and reality for each theme?
Essay Topic 3
What issue is the God on Mono Island attempting to overcome? What suggestions are made by the wizards? Who is tasked with explaining the process to the God?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)