|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Unseen University?
2. Who is the head of the Unseen University?
3. How does Discworld move through space?
4. What does Ridcully leave on the window?
5. What kind of delicacies grow on plants that the wizards collect for Mrs. Whitlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
2. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
3. What is ailing the Librarian?
4. What item is given to the Librarian child to amuse him, who else wields it and what other purpose?
5. What does the Bursar see as he strolls down the beach?
6. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
7. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
8. What does the Librarian wonder about?
9. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
10. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
Essay Topic 1
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)