|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the horses manage to pull away from those who were chasing them?
2. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
3. Where is Rincewind determined to go?
4. Where do the Wizards go?
5. What does Rincewind find under a rock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
2. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
3. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
4. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
5. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
6. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
7. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
8. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
9. What is ailing the Librarian?
10. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the central themes of this novel? How does the author combine them? What do they all have in common? How does the author successfully bridge the gap between fantasy and reality for each theme?
Essay Topic 2
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 3
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)