|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
2. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
3. Why does the God curse himself?
4. What is ailing the Librarian?
5. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
2. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
3. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
4. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
5. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
6. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
7. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
8. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
9. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
10. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many times, Rincewind is in a bind and other characters come along to help him out. How many times was he assisted through the more difficult trials in the book by another individual? What role did this individual play in the plot? Explain your answer utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What issue is the God on Mono Island attempting to overcome? What suggestions are made by the wizards? Who is tasked with explaining the process to the God?
Essay Topic 3
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)