|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the horses manage to pull away from those who were chasing them?
2. Who are they being chased by?
3. What does the God decide to provide the wizards?
4. What do the wizards build for Mrs. Whitlow?
5. What are UU Wizards called locally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
2. What does the Bursar see as he strolls down the beach?
3. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
4. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
5. What few simple pleasures does Rincewind enjoy at the dry waterhole?
6. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
7. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
8. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
9. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
10. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 2
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
This section contains 1,660 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)