|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Last Continent going to deal with?
2. Who tells Rincewind he is being called to a quest?
3. What are UU Wizards called locally?
4. What is the foremost school of magic?
5. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
2. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
3. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
4. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
5. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
6. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
7. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
8. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
9. Where do Neilette and Rincewind hide during the earthquake and what do they see when they emerge?
10. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
Essay Topic 3
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
This section contains 1,645 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)