|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who alone possesses the spirit of scientific examination?
2. What happens to Scrappy as Rincewind naps?
3. Who are the patrons in this bar?
4. What do the foraging wizards gather?
5. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
2. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
3. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
4. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
5. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
6. What is ailing the Librarian?
7. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
8. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
9. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
10. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 2
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)