|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they find the Egregious Professor's notebook?
2. What does the old man with the leather bag order the Trickster to do?
3. How was Rincewind sent there?
4. What does Rincewind find under a rock?
5. What do the Wizards appear to be incapable of obeying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
2. Where do Neilette and Rincewind hide during the earthquake and what do they see when they emerge?
3. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
4. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
5. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
6. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
7. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
8. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
9. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
10. What item is given to the Librarian child to amuse him, who else wields it and what other purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What politically incorrect references are sprinkled throughout the novel? What do these references indicate about the author, if anything? Are they overall offensive or simply humorous? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
This section contains 1,627 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)