Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Last Continent going to deal with?
2. Who tells Rincewind he is being called to a quest?
3. What are UU Wizards called locally?
4. What is the foremost school of magic?
5. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
2. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
3. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
4. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
5. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
6. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
7. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
8. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
9. Where do Neilette and Rincewind hide during the earthquake and what do they see when they emerge?
10. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)