|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
2. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
3. What does Rincewind use to craft new sandals?
4. What does the Librarian wonder?
5. What is necessary for a magical cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
2. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
3. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
4. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
5. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
6. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
7. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
8. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
9. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
10. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)