|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ridcully leave on the window?
2. What does the God decide to provide the wizards?
3. Who is the UU's housekeeper?
4. What makes Stibbons believe that they have gone back in time?
5. Who alone possesses the spirit of scientific examination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
2. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
3. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
4. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
5. What does Rincewind notice on the walls and why are they odd?
6. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
7. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
8. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
9. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
10. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 2
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
Essay Topic 3
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)