|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ridcully leave on the window?
2. Where is the Unseen University?
3. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
4. What makes Stibbons believe that they have gone back in time?
5. What does Mrs. Whitlow unintentionally do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
2. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
3. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
4. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
5. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
6. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
7. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
8. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
9. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
10. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of the different animals throughout the story. How are the animals portrayed, as mindless beasts or thoughtful creatures? Utilizing quotes from the book, support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 3
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)