Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
2. Where is the Unseen University?
3. What does Rincewind continue to find?
4. What happens to the huge reptile that stumbles out of the forest towards them?
5. What is Rincewind's former position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
2. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
3. Who is the Bursar reminded of and what was he most widely remembered for?
4. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
5. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
6. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
7. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
8. What does Rincewind notice about the Roo Beer poster and how does it help him during the sheep shearing contest?
9. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
10. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
Discuss the roles of the different animals throughout the story. How are the animals portrayed, as mindless beasts or thoughtful creatures? Utilizing quotes from the book, support your answer.
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)