|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ailing the Librarian?
2. What does the old man with the leather bag order the Trickster to do?
3. Who does Rincewind realize is stalking him?
4. What do the Wizards appear to be incapable of obeying?
5. What happens when Rincewind rejects further help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
2. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
3. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
4. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
5. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
6. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
7. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
8. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
9. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
10. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What invention is responsible for the displacement of Rincewind? Why did this happen? Who created this invention? What is the reason that the wizards are so anxious to locate Rincewind? What information do the wizards require and why?
Essay Topic 2
Many times, Rincewind is in a bind and other characters come along to help him out. How many times was he assisted through the more difficult trials in the book by another individual? What role did this individual play in the plot? Explain your answer utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)