|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wizards get their breakfast?
2. How was Rincewind sent there?
3. What is the Last Continent going to deal with?
4. What is ailing the Librarian?
5. What does Rincewind use to craft new sandals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
2. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
3. What is ailing the Librarian?
4. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
5. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
6. What does the Bursar find when he follows the old man, and what does he get such amusement from?
7. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
8. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
9. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
10. What does Rincewind notice about the Roo Beer poster and how does it help him during the sheep shearing contest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Rincewind overcomes the different challenges that he is faced with. Is he more of a hands on guy or would rather be helped along? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
This section contains 1,656 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)