|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Unseen University?
2. What does Rincewind find under a rock?
3. What does the God decide to provide the wizards?
4. Who does Rincewind find when he wakes up?
5. How will he know when he has been successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
2. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
3. What does the Librarian wonder about?
4. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
5. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
6. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
7. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
8. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
9. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
10. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)