|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mad believe water is found and why?
2. Who is put in charge of building a boat?
3. Who is Death's butler?
4. Who gives Rincewind a ride, and in what?
5. Who wanders into the jungle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
2. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
3. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
4. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
5. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
6. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
7. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
8. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
9. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
10. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
Essay Topic 2
What are the central themes of this novel? How does the author combine them? What do they all have in common? How does the author successfully bridge the gap between fantasy and reality for each theme?
Essay Topic 3
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)