|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Wizards appear to be incapable of obeying?
2. What does the old man with the leather bag order the Trickster to do?
3. What is the Last Continent going to deal with?
4. What has Rincewind's arrival done?
5. What mistake does she make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
2. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
3. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
4. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
5. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
6. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
7. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
8. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
9. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
10. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the social issues posed in the novel. How do these issues affect the characters directly? Indirectly? Compare these issues to ones in your own community. Are they similar or different? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many times, Rincewind is in a bind and other characters come along to help him out. How many times was he assisted through the more difficult trials in the book by another individual? What role did this individual play in the plot? Explain your answer utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)