|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
2. Who is put in charge of building a boat?
3. Who are they being chased by?
4. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
5. What does the Senior Wrangler believe the Egregious Professor is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rincewind the Wizzard's greatest difficulty?
2. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
3. Why are the magicians and the teachers of magic so determined to retrieve Rincewind the Wizzard from Fourecks?
4. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
5. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
6. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
7. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
8. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
9. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
10. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 3
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)