|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hostility of the wizards attract?
2. What weapon does Rincewind grab when the Watch shows up?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A slotted spoon.
(c) A glass.
(d) A ladle.
3. What does Rincewind witness?
(a) The arrival of Spring.
(b) Scrappy's return.
(c) Someone trying to steal a sheep.
(d) The birth of an oasis.
4. What puzzles the wizards on Mono Island?
(a) How history might be altered.
(b) Why there were no pancakes for breakfast.
(c) The fact that Stibbons wants to stay.
(d) How complex life forms are.
5. What do the wizards cling to as they head to shore?
(a) Pieces of boat.
(b) Seed pods.
(c) The sail.
(d) Tree branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind hide in?
2. Why does the God of Evolution become vexed?
3. What is Mrs. Whitlow carrying when she comes?
4. What is Rincewind asked to do while he waits for morning?
5. What happens to Rincewind after he witnesses this event?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
2. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
3. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
4. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
5. What do the wizards experience and what is the result?
6. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
7. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
8. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
9. When the boat that the wizards are in comes apart, what do they do, and who is the only one to swim for shore?
10. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)