|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does UU exist?
(a) To create new forms of magic.
(b) To encourage the use of magic.
(c) To creatively suppress magic.
(d) To teach magic to others.
2. What makes the Dean want to die?
(a) His inability to use magic.
(b) The ferocity of the storm at sea.
(c) His fear of water.
(d) His long time away from home.
3. What is Rincewind asked to do while he waits for morning?
(a) Create a story.
(b) Write a song.
(c) Plan an escape.
(d) Document his life.
4. What color is the ground?
5. What is Mrs. Whitlow carrying when she comes?
(a) The Librarian in baby form.
(b) A magic staff.
(c) A bunch of coconuts.
(d) A baby orangutan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rincewind believe it is easiest to avoid capture?
2. What does Stibbons turn into?
3. What does Stibbons discover is the God's idea of perfection?
4. What does the hostility of the wizards attract?
5. What are the line of riders that Rincewind comes across looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
2. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
3. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
4. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
5. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
6. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
7. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
8. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
9. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
10. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)