|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being honored?
(a) The Circuit Court Judge.
(b) The Branch Manager.
(c) The Prima Dona.
(d) The Principal.
2. What does Rincewind dig for?
3. Who uses a pod as a surf board?
(b) The Bursar.
4. Why does Rincewind string corks to his hat?
(a) To keep them for later.
(b) To make sure his hat floats.
(c) To keep the flies away from his face.
(d) To distract people he talks to.
5. What does Stibbons spot ahead?
(a) A school of porpoise.
(b) A huge turtle.
(c) A storm of dark clouds 7,000 miles long.
(d) A humpback whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Rincewind?
2. How many pints does Crocodile Dongo tell Rincewind he drank?
3. What does the old black man do that amuses the Bursar?
4. What is Rincewind happy about?
5. What has never been essential to Rincewind's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
2. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
3. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
4. When the boat that the wizards are in comes apart, what do they do, and who is the only one to swim for shore?
5. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
6. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
7. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
8. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
9. What does Stibbons consequently learn that makes him change his mind about staying with the God on Mono Island to create new life forms?
10. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)