|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is against the rules?
(a) To reveal the truth to Rincewind.
(b) For Death to appear Himself.
(c) To slay Rincewind.
(d) To add to the hieroglyphics.
2. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 30,000 years.
(c) 40,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
3. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
(a) That they retrieve Rincewind.
(b) That they employ a magician.
(c) That they rewrite the history.
(d) That they hire a new Librarian.
4. What does the God consider making to solve his problem?
(a) A tornado.
(b) An earthquake/tsunami.
(c) More thunder lizards to eat the intruders.
(d) An elephant stampede.
5. Who is the head of the Unseen University?
(a) Archchancellor Mustard Radically.
(b) Archchancellor Mystically Rustrum.
(c) Archchancellor Mustrum Ridcully.
(d) Archchancellor Mustrun Stickully.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Discworld move through space?
2. What does Scrappy want Rincewind to do?
3. Where do the Wizards go?
4. Where does Mad take Rincewind?
5. Who is the UU's housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
2. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
3. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
4. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
5. What is ailing the Librarian?
6. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
7. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
8. What does the story of the Last Continent deal with?
9. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
10. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)