|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the lost continent created?
(a) Five years previously.
(b) At the same time as the rest of Discworld.
(c) Long before the rest of Discworld.
(d) Long after the rest of Discworld.
2. What happens when Rincewind rejects further help?
(a) He is stung by a scorpion.
(b) He is bitten by a tarantula.
(c) He is beaten by a kangaroo.
(d) He is gored by a bull.
3. What does Rincewind use to craft new sandals?
(a) Birch strips.
(b) Wood and creepers.
(c) Leaves and laces.
(d) Pieces of torn shirt.
4. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
(a) Travel back to UU.
(b) Contact the Creator.
(c) Save the continent.
(d) Save Scrappy's life.
5. What does Mad think is a story produced by too much beer?
(a) Tales about rain.
(b) Tales about earthquakes.
(c) Tales about being marooned.
(d) Tales about volcanoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
2. On what continent is Rincewind?
3. What do the foraging wizards gather?
4. Who does Rincewind claim to have met while the world was being made?
5. What is against the rules?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
2. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
3. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
4. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
5. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
6. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
7. Why does Mad not believe his grandfathers stories about rain?
8. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
9. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
10. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)