|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rincewind use to craft new sandals?
(a) Leaves and laces.
(b) Wood and creepers.
(c) Birch strips.
(d) Pieces of torn shirt.
2. How will he know when he has been successful?
(a) It will rain.
(b) The Creator will come.
(c) He will be able to leave.
(d) Scrappy will live.
3. What is discovered by an opal miner?
(a) A child's buriel site.
(b) A gold vein.
(c) A hollow object with wriggling toes.
(d) A cache of diamonds.
4. What does Mad think is a story produced by too much beer?
(a) Tales about being marooned.
(b) Tales about volcanoes.
(c) Tales about earthquakes.
(d) Tales about rain.
5. Where does Mad take Rincewind?
(a) To Dijabringabeeralong.
(b) To DijahappentoseeCharlie.
(c) To Dijawannasitdown.
(d) To Dijahavelunchbeforehacame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the need for a smoke is mentioned?
2. What does the Librarian wonder?
3. Outside the pub, who wakes Rincewind?
4. Where is Rincewind determined to go?
5. What does Rincewind continue to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
2. What does Rincewind notice on the walls and why are they odd?
3. What does Stibbons observe on Mono Island, and what conclusions does he draw from this observation?
4. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
5. What do the elders have a hard time grasping about their situation when Stibbons explains how they have gone backward in time?
6. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
7. What is strange about the watering hole that Rincewind falls into when he is running from Scrappy?
8. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
9. What are the characteristics of most of the magicians and teachers of magic at the Unseen University, and who is the exception?
10. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)