|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rincewind follow blindly?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A message in a bottle.
(c) A bird painting who steps out of a stone.
(d) A dream.
2. What idea do the prudish elders reject?
(a) That reproduction is a natural function.
(b) That it takes a male and a female in any species to reproduce.
(c) That cloning is not the same as reproduction.
(d) That even the Egregious Professor would want a mate.
3. Who wanders into the jungle?
(a) The Senior Wrangler.
(c) The Bursar.
(d) The Dean.
4. Who are they being chased by?
(a) A posse who wants to arrest them.
(b) A road gang that wants their cargo.
(c) Bounty hunters.
(d) His ex wife.
5. What does Ridcully leave on the window?
(a) A map.
(b) A business card.
(c) A note asking it be left open.
(d) A drawing of them going through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wizards not take seriously?
2. What does the Senior Wrangler believe the Egregious Professor is doing?
3. What kind of delicacies grow on plants that the wizards collect for Mrs. Whitlow?
4. Where do the Wizards go?
5. Who is Death's butler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pursuing Rincewind and Mad and how does Mad manage to pull away from them?
2. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
3. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
4. What do the wizards manage to find in the way of food?
5. What does Death find professionally frustrating, and why?
6. What is Rincewind surprised to see depicted, and what does Scrappy tell him?
7. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
8. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
9. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
10. What does Rincewind discover about the walls and rocks?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)