|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rincewind find when he wakes up?
(c) An aborigine.
(d) A kangaroo.
2. What does his Ooks try to make him understand?
(a) That he is imagining things.
(b) That there is only one of every species.
(c) That they are all the same.
(d) That his taste is off.
3. Who routinely fills empty ocean space on various worlds?
(a) A child with a water hose.
(b) A young man with a bucket.
(c) An old man who carries around the universe in a leather sack.
(d) An old woman with an urn.
4. Who misses the metaphor about cause and effect?
(d) Egregious Professor.
5. Where do black and white figures appear to Rincewind?
(a) In his dreams.
(b) In a reflection in a waterhole.
(c) On a rock wall.
(d) In the bark of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wreaking havoc in the outback?
2. What happens to the window?
3. Where do the wizards get their breakfast?
4. What is the foremost school of magic?
5. What does Scrappy want Rincewind to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rincewind go when he is fleeing the watchmen?
2. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
3. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
4. What is the grandfather paradox and why don't the elders accept the basic principle?
5. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
6. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
7. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
8. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
9. Who does Rincewind meet after he naps, and what does he ask Rincewind to do?
10. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)