|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mad think is a story produced by too much beer?
(a) Tales about volcanoes.
(b) Tales about earthquakes.
(c) Tales about rain.
(d) Tales about being marooned.
2. What do the Wizards appear to be incapable of obeying?
(a) Do Not Touch signs.
(b) Do Not Disturb signs.
(c) Do Not Enter signs.
(d) Do Not Think signs.
3. Where does Mad believe water is found and why?
(a) Only on the moon where it must be mined from.
(b) Water is found only underground because it is heavy.
(c) Water is found only in dewdrops created by Gods.
(d) Water is found only in oceans where it belongs.
4. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
(a) Contact the Creator.
(b) Save the continent.
(c) Save Scrappy's life.
(d) Travel back to UU.
5. Where is the Unseen University?
(a) In the city of Ankh-Marpole.
(b) In the city of Inkh-Morbeef.
(c) In the city of Ankh-Morpork.
(d) In the city of Enkh-Torpor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rincewind's former position?
2. What is discovered by an opal miner?
3. Who owns the pub?
4. Who is the head of the Unseen University?
5. Why does the God curse himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the wizards find when they go looking for the Egregious Professor, and what is the outcome of this discovery?
2. What appears out of the burning marsh and why?
3. What assertion is made about all tribal myths, including the one about the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag, and what is that assertion dependent upon?
4. What does Mad tell Rincewind?
5. What is unusual about the graffiti that Rincewind sees everywhere?
6. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
7. What does Scrappy tell Rincewind about the continent they are on?
8. How do the wizards become stranded on Mono Island?
9. How will Rincewind know that he has succeeded in saving the continent, and what claims does Rincewind make?
10. How does Rincewind fair on typical days?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)