|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alone possesses the spirit of scientific examination?
(a) Yonder Sibbons.
(b) Wonder Tibbons.
(c) Ponder Stibbons.
(d) Think Ribbons.
2. What is against the rules?
(a) To add to the hieroglyphics.
(b) To slay Rincewind.
(c) For Death to appear Himself.
(d) To reveal the truth to Rincewind.
3. What do the wizards not take seriously?
(a) Stibbons' advice that they leave immediately.
(b) The caution they should take with some foods.
(c) Stibbons' advice against doing anything to change history.
(d) The degree of trouble they may be in.
4. What does Rincewind find under a rock?
(a) A charm.
(b) A ring.
(c) A map.
(d) A chicken sandwich.
5. Who is the UU's housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Wistlaw.
(b) Mrs. Whitlow.
(c) Mrs. Mistlow.
(d) Mrs. Bestlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Stibbons believe that they have gone back in time?
2. What is the foremost school of magic?
3. What has Rincewind's arrival done?
4. What constant does the Librarian maintain?
5. Why does the God curse himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
2. How did Rincewind the Wizzard get lost on the largely mythical continent of Fourecks?
3. What or who stalks Rincewind, and how does he respond?
4. When the boat that the wizards are in comes apart, what do they do, and who is the only one to swim for shore?
5. Who is the Bursar reminded of and what was he most widely remembered for?
6. What is wrong with the Librarian that is causing Rincewind to be sought by the Unseen University?
7. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
8. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
9. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
10. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)