|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rincewind the Wizzard wake up?
(a) In a hot, silent red land.
(b) In an icy, purple cavern.
(c) In a windy, loud arena.
(d) In a cold, noisy blue space.
2. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
(a) Save the continent.
(b) Contact the Creator.
(c) Save Scrappy's life.
(d) Travel back to UU.
3. Who is the UU's housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Bestlow.
(b) Mrs. Mistlow.
(c) Mrs. Wistlaw.
(d) Mrs. Whitlow.
4. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
(a) 50,000 years.
(b) 30,000 years.
(c) 20,000 years.
(d) 40,000 years.
5. Who misses the metaphor about cause and effect?
(c) Egregious Professor.
6. What is Stibbons fascinated with?
(a) Why most animals vary so greatly in evolution.
(b) Why most animals are afraid of magic.
(c) Why most animals conform to a few basic body plans.
(d) Why most animals are so different.
7. What happens when the need for a smoke is mentioned?
(a) Smokes appear.
(b) The water disappears.
(c) Plants begin to grow.
(d) A fire appears.
8. What does his Ooks try to make him understand?
(a) That there is only one of every species.
(b) That he is imagining things.
(c) That his taste is off.
(d) That they are all the same.
9. What does Ponder Stibbons suggest?
(a) That they retrieve Rincewind.
(b) That they rewrite the history.
(c) That they employ a magician.
(d) That they hire a new Librarian.
10. What happens to the window?
(a) It turns into a door.
(b) It becomes a wall.
(c) It vanishes.
(d) It breaks.
11. What is ailing the Librarian?
(a) Whenever he sleeps, he walks.
(b) Whenver he eats, he aches.
(c) Whenever he sneezes, he morphs into a new shape.
(d) Whenever he coughs, he vanishes.
12. Who declares that they will stay on the island?
(b) The Bursar.
(c) The Dean.
13. What are the senior faculty worried about?
(a) The grade averages.
(b) The Librarian's health.
(c) The cost of tuition.
(d) The government grants.
14. What happens to Scrappy as Rincewind naps?
(a) Scrappy is chased off by another kangaroo.
(b) Scrappy is sent into the future.
(c) Scrappy becomes a smiling, eight dimensional rock painting.
(d) Scrappy falls into the past.
15. What does Rincewind follow blindly?
(a) A bird painting who steps out of a stone.
(b) A dream.
(c) A message in a bottle.
(d) His instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is Rincewind getting nourishment?
2. Who does Rincewind claim to have met while the world was being made?
3. What is necessary for a magical cure?
4. Where is Rincewind determined to go?
5. How was Rincewind sent there?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)