|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the foraging wizards gather?
(a) Clams and oysters.
(b) Beetles and grubs.
(c) Coconuts and pods with sweets, cheeses and cigarettes inside.
(d) Berries and plums.
2. What is Rincewind aghast to see depicted there?
(b) The Egregious Professor.
3. What becomes a small, omnipresent god while the wizards sleep?
(a) A sand turtle.
(b) A small shrub.
(c) An owl.
(d) A patch of burning marsh.
4. How does Discworld move through space?
(a) On the back of a crocodile.
(b) On the back of a tiger.
(c) On the back of a camel.
(d) On the back of a turtle.
5. What are the senior faculty worried about?
(a) The cost of tuition.
(b) The government grants.
(c) The grade averages.
(d) The Librarian's health.
6. Who tells Rincewind he is being called to a quest?
7. Where does Rincewind the Wizzard wake up?
(a) In a hot, silent red land.
(b) In a cold, noisy blue space.
(c) In an icy, purple cavern.
(d) In a windy, loud arena.
8. What must Rincewind do for a second time?
(a) Travel back to UU.
(b) Save Scrappy's life.
(c) Contact the Creator.
(d) Save the continent.
9. How old is the graffiti on the walls at the oasis?
(a) 30,000 years.
(b) 20,000 years.
(c) 40,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
10. What is the foremost school of magic?
(a) The Complete College.
(b) The Uniformed University.
(c) The Unseen University.
(d) The Competent College.
11. What is discovered by an opal miner?
(a) A child's buriel site.
(b) A hollow object with wriggling toes.
(c) A cache of diamonds.
(d) A gold vein.
12. What constant does the Librarian maintain?
(a) The red fur of an orangutan.
(b) The skin of a lion.
(c) The ears of a donkey.
(d) The hair of a goat.
13. What do the wizards build for Mrs. Whitlow?
(a) A driftwood table.
(b) A driftwood raft.
(c) A cane chair.
(d) A private cabana.
14. Who are the patrons in this bar?
(a) Sheep and kangaroo like humans.
(b) Goats and crocodiles.
(c) Cats and dogs.
(d) Ferrets and mice.
15. How will he know when he has been successful?
(a) It will rain.
(b) He will be able to leave.
(c) The Creator will come.
(d) Scrappy will live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wizards not take seriously?
2. What makes Stibbons believe that they have gone back in time?
3. What frightens Rincewind?
4. Who wanders into the jungle?
5. Where is Rincewind determined to go?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)