|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) To Spain.
(b) Numantine War.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To southern Africa.
2. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
(a) To warn them about Micipas.
(b) To ask for help to defeat Jugurtha.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To ask for Jugurtha's arrest.
3. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(b) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
(c) Return home.
(d) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
4. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
(a) No investigation takes place.
(b) They investigate what the people of Numidia want.
(c) One that finds out what happened to Adherbal.
(d) An investigation into the corruption among nobles.
5. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
(a) Some prominent Romans.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Micipas's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
2. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
3. How does Sallust present the Roman army in the beginning?
4. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
5. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war between Jugurtha and Adhrbal start?
2. What does Marius do when he is in Numidia?
3. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
4. How does Rome feel about Metellus's encounters with Jugurtha and what is Metellus's response to this?
5. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
6. What does Adherbal do when he runs to Rome and how does that work out for him?
7. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
8. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
9. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
10. How, when and why did a rift develop between Jugurtha and his brothers?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)