|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
(a) It is where most of their families live.
(b) He is fortifying against Antonio.
(c) His money is stored in Zama.
(d) Metellus plans to attack that city.
2. What does Sallust say is how Europeans view Africa?
(a) As being owned by Rome.
(b) As a barbarian continent.
(c) As being peopled by immoral societies.
(d) As part of Europe.
3. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Declares war.
(b) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
(c) Kills Jugurtha.
(d) Sends ambassadors.
4. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
(a) Ignore his behavior.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Send a new king to Numidia.
(d) Bring him back to Rome.
5. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) He was offered a lot of money.
(b) He was led astray.
(c) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
(d) He hates the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
2. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
3. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
4. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
5. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marcus Scaurus and what does the Senate have him do? How does Jugurtha respond to Scaurus?
2. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
3. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
4. How does Jugurtha provoke Adherbal into resuming hostilities?
5. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
6. What does Sallust say is the reason he is writing The Jugurthine War book?
7. What does Metellus do with Bohumilcar?
8. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
9. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
10. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)