|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Assassinates Adherbal.
(b) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
(c) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
(d) Happily settles down.
2. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
(a) Return to Rome.
(b) Noting, Jugurtha kills him.
(c) Arrest Jugurtha.
(d) Kill him.
3. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
(a) They started fighting with each other.
(b) Rome took it over.
(c) They united under one leader.
(d) The Persians move into the area.
4. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Appoint Marius as governor.
(b) Burns it to the ground.
(c) Takes the city back.
(d) Make all the citizens slaves.
5. What does Sallust say is how Europeans view Africa?
(a) As being peopled by immoral societies.
(b) As part of Europe.
(c) As a barbarian continent.
(d) As being owned by Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
2. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
3. What did the Romans give to King Masinissa?
4. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
5. What does the Senate do after the affair with Annuis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, when and why did a rift develop between Jugurtha and his brothers?
2. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hiempsal's death?
3. What does Jugurtha decide to do after he agrees to surrender to Metellus?
4. What does Metellus do with Bohumilcar?
5. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
6. Who is Marcus Scaurus and what does the Senate have him do? How does Jugurtha respond to Scaurus?
7. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
8. What does Sallust say about man's intellectual ability and fate?
9. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
10. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)