|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
(a) Those that require intelligence.
(b) Those that are dangerous.
(c) Those that are high paying.
(d) Those that are low paying.
2. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(d) Material items.
3. What does the Senate decide to do about Adherbal's request?
(a) To investigate Micipas's decree.
(b) To arrest Jugurtha.
(c) To send a Roman governor to Numidia.
(d) Divide Numidia between him and Jugurtha.
4. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(b) Send ambassadors to Rome.
(c) Calls on Micipas for help.
(d) Poisons Jugurtha.
5. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
(a) Calls a truce to parley.
(b) Nothing, he waits to see what Metellus is going to do.
(c) Withdraws, he is too outnumbered.
(d) Attacks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus do with his soldiers when he retreats?
2. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
3. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
4. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
5. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hiempsal's death?
2. What does Jugurtha decide to do after he agrees to surrender to Metellus?
3. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
4. How does the Senate respond to Jugurtha's action towards Adherbal?
5. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
6. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
7. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
8. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
9. What does Sallust say about man's intellectual ability and fate?
10. What type of government does Sallust say could solve the problems but what happens when that is attempted?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)