|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Marcus Scaurus.
2. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
(a) Head of a powerful Senate committee.
(b) The province of Gaul.
(c) Head of the civil service.
3. Where does Metellus leave his prisoners and his baggage?
4. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Kills Jugurtha.
(b) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
(c) Declares war.
(d) Sends ambassadors.
5. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
(a) Five gold pieces.
(b) A lifetime position in the government.
(c) A home in Rome.
(d) A pardon for murdering Massiva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
2. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
3. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
4. Where does Marius retreat to when attacked by Jugurtha?
5. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
2. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
3. How, when and why did a rift develop between Jugurtha and his brothers?
4. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
5. What type of government does Sallust say could solve the problems but what happens when that is attempted?
6. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
7. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
8. What does Jugurtha hear about Metellus, what is his response to that and how does Metellus respond to Jugurtha?
9. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
10. What does Sallust say is the reason he is writing The Jugurthine War book?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)