|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(b) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
(c) After resting for a week.
(d) When his troops are asleep.
2. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Return home.
(b) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(c) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
(d) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
3. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) To southern Africa.
(b) To Spain.
(c) Numantine War.
(d) To Rome.
4. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(a) Material items.
5. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They are larger men.
(b) They have better weapons.
(c) They are fighting for their civil rights.
(d) They know the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
2. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
3. What does Memmuis do about Jugurtha?
4. What does Jugurtha do after Annuis' officers leave their posts?
5. To what office do the Roman people elect Quintin Metellus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hiempsal's death?
2. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
3. What does Marius do when he is in Numidia?
4. What does Metellus do with Bohumilcar?
5. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
6. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
7. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
8. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
9. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
10. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)