|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
(a) Metellus plans to attack that city.
(b) It is where most of their families live.
(c) His money is stored in Zama.
(d) He is fortifying against Antonio.
2. How does Metellus feel about Marius becoming a consul?
(a) He is delighted with the idea.
(b) He does not have a high enough standing.
(c) He has no opinion.
(d) He thinks he is too young.
3. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(a) Poisons Jugurtha.
(b) Send ambassadors to Rome.
(d) Calls on Micipas for help.
4. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They are larger men.
(b) They have better weapons.
(c) They are fighting for their civil rights.
(d) They know the land.
5. What does Sallust say is Metellus's primary character trait?
(d) He's immoral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
2. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
3. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
4. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
5. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
2. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
3. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
4. How does Jugurtha take care of Annuis?
5. What does Sallust say about man's intellectual ability and fate?
6. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
7. What does Jugurtha hear about Metellus, what is his response to that and how does Metellus respond to Jugurtha?
8. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
9. What does Marius do when he is in Numidia?
10. What happens as fear spreads through Numidia?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)