|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
(a) By offering high pay.
(b) By threatening their families.
(c) By reminding them they have conquered the Romans before.
(d) By appealing to their anger.
2. What group of people founded Hippo?
(a) The Phoenicians.
(b) The Romansm.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Persians.
3. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(c) Micipas's sons.
(d) Some prominent Romans.
4. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Fate does not exist.
(b) Nothing can overcome fate.
(c) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
(d) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
5. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
2. What does Jugurtha ask of King Bocchus?
3. What does Jugurtha do with his army?
4. What does Jugurtha think the Romans are likely to do with him?
5. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)