|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
(a) Build an army.
(b) Try to hide in Numidia.
(c) Run to Gaul
(d) Assassinate Metellus.
2. What does Jugurtha do with his army?
(a) Invade Rome.
(b) Take over complete control of his brother's territory.
(c) Kill Micipas.
(d) Take over a portion of Numidia.
3. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
(a) He does not intend to dishonor the Senate.
(b) Adherbal started the war.
(c) He wants to settle with Adherbal.
(d) He will do whatever he wants.
4. What does Jugurtha persuade the people of Vacca to do?
(a) Burn Zama.
(b) Trap Metellus.
(c) Attack Marius.
(d) Invite Romans under false pretenses and kill them.
5. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) To come to Rome.
(b) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
(c) They don't tell him anything.
(d) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
2. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
3. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
4. What does Micipas do after receiving a letter from Scipio about Jugurtha's actions during the war?
5. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sallust say about public office and what most men don't want and how they gain promotions?
2. What does Sallust say is the reason he is writing The Jugurthine War book?
3. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
4. How does Rome feel about Metellus's encounters with Jugurtha and what is Metellus's response to this?
5. Who is Marcus Scaurus and what does the Senate have him do? How does Jugurtha respond to Scaurus?
6. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
7. How does Jugurtha take care of Annuis?
8. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
9. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
10. What does Adherbal do when he runs to Rome and how does that work out for him?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)