|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) With hard work.
(b) Through unlawful means.
(c) By putting in a large number of years.
(d) By inheriting the position.
2. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He has little trust of nobles.
(b) He is planning to run for office.
(c) He wants money.
(d) He is being paid to do it.
3. What does Lucius Annius do about Jugurtha?
(a) Joins up with him.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Kills Bomilcar.
(d) Marches an army into Suthul.
4. What does Jugurtha do to Hiempsal?
(a) Set him up as the head of the government.
(b) Have him assassinated.
(c) Send him to the Roman Senate.
5. What does Sallust say people should not do if the government is corrupt?
(a) Start peaceful rebellions.
(b) Use violence.
(c) Give any money to the tax collectors.
(d) Vote in the next election.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Adherval flee?
2. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
3. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
4. To what office do the Roman people elect Quintin Metellus?
5. Why don't the Roman representatives get to speak to Adherbal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
2. What does Jugurtha hear about Metellus, what is his response to that and how does Metellus respond to Jugurtha?
3. What does Sallust say about public office and what most men don't want and how they gain promotions?
4. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
5. How does the Senate respond to Jugurtha's action towards Adherbal?
6. Who is Marcus Scaurus and what does the Senate have him do? How does Jugurtha respond to Scaurus?
7. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
8. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hiempsal's death?
9. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
10. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)