|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
(a) Runs from it.
(b) Small ambushes.
(c) Tries to subvert it from within.
(d) Attacks the entire army.
2. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get his brother arrested.
(b) To get an army.
(c) To build his popularity.
(d) To get a seat in the Senate.
3. What does Lucius Annius do about Jugurtha?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Kills Bomilcar.
(c) Joins up with him.
(d) Marches an army into Suthul.
4. To where does Adherval flee?
5. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
(a) Send a new king to Numidia.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Bring him back to Rome.
(d) Ignore his behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
2. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
3. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
4. What does Metellus do with his soldiers when he retreats?
5. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
2. How, when and why did a rift develop between Jugurtha and his brothers?
3. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
4. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
5. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
6. What does Jugurtha decide to do after he agrees to surrender to Metellus?
7. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
8. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
9. Who is Marcus Scaurus and what does the Senate have him do? How does Jugurtha respond to Scaurus?
10. How does the Roman public react to Marius and Metellus's falling out?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)