|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
(a) By threatening their families.
(b) By offering high pay.
(c) By reminding them they have conquered the Romans before.
(d) By appealing to their anger.
2. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
(a) All his treasure in Cirta.
(b) His son as a hostage.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) All his men and elephants.
3. What does the Senate decide to do about Adherbal's request?
(a) Divide Numidia between him and Jugurtha.
(b) To send a Roman governor to Numidia.
(c) To arrest Jugurtha.
(d) To investigate Micipas's decree.
4. What does Memmuis do about Jugurtha?
(a) Becomes the new king of Numidia.
(b) Praises Jugurtha's arrest.
(c) Embarrasses the Senate into a response.
(d) Prosecutes Jugurtha when he is brought back to Rome.
5. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To investigate Calpurnius.
(b) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(c) To take over Numidia.
(d) To kill Jugurtha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
2. What does Jugurtha persuade the people of Vacca to do?
3. What does Adherbal manage to do when he is caught in Cirta?
4. What does the Senate do after the affair with Annuis?
5. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)