|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
(a) Kill Jugurtha.
(b) Tell the Senate Jugurtha is dead.
(c) Bring him Jugurtha.
(d) Tell the Senate Metellus has won.
2. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
3. To where does Adherbal escape with his soldiers?
4. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
5. When do Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) After Suthul is secured.
(b) When Jugurtha is in chains.
(c) At a signal from Jugurtha.
(d) Before the night falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
2. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
3. What does Marius do after the elections?
4. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
5. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jugurtha hear about Metellus, what is his response to that and how does Metellus respond to Jugurtha?
2. What forces the Senate to act against Jugurtha and what do they do?
3. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
4. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
5. What happens as fear spreads through Numidia?
6. What does Marius do when he is in Numidia?
7. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
8. How does Jugurtha provoke Adherbal into resuming hostilities?
9. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
10. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)