|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(d) Material items.
2. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(a) Calls on Micipas for help.
(b) Poisons Jugurtha.
(c) Send ambassadors to Rome.
3. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
(a) Attacks him.
(b) Withdraws, he is too outnumbered.
(c) Calls a truce to parley.
(d) Nothing, he waits to see what Metellus is going to do.
4. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
(a) Bring him back to Rome.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Send a new king to Numidia.
(d) Ignore his behavior.
5. Who is the heir the the Numidian throne after Jugurtha?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what office do the Roman people elect Quintin Metellus?
2. Who persuades Jugurtha to keep silent about corruption in the Roman government?
3. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
4. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
5. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
2. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
3. How does Jugurtha take care of Annuis?
4. How does the war between Jugurtha and Adhrbal start?
5. What happens as fear spreads through Numidia?
6. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
7. What does Marius do when he is in Numidia?
8. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
9. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
10. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)