|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius Annius do about Jugurtha?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Marches an army into Suthul.
(c) Joins up with him.
(d) Kills Bomilcar.
2. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
(a) Because Jugurtha had a great effect on Roman society.
(b) Because he was told to by the Senate.
(c) Because he wants to make some money.
(d) He wants to be famous.
3. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) By inheriting the position.
(b) By putting in a large number of years.
(c) Through unlawful means.
(d) With hard work.
4. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
(a) Adherbal started the war.
(b) He wants to settle with Adherbal.
(c) He will do whatever he wants.
(d) He does not intend to dishonor the Senate.
5. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
(a) They united under one leader.
(b) Rome took it over.
(c) They started fighting with each other.
(d) The Persians move into the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
2. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
3. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
4. How does Metellus attempt to provoke Jugurtha?
5. What does Sallust say is the problem with how the Roman army lives?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)