|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Adherbal escape with his soldiers?
2. How did the Africans under Micipas view Jugurtha?
(a) He was not known.
(b) He was hated.
(c) He was feared.
(d) He was very popular.
3. How does Metellus attempt to provoke Jugurtha?
(a) By killing his wife.
(b) By arresting his son.
(c) By turning the Numidians against him.
(d) By looting his richest towns.
4. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
(a) All his men and elephants.
(b) His son as a hostage.
(c) All his treasure in Cirta.
(d) His inheritance.
5. What do Jugurtha's troops do after Marius retreats?
(a) Fortify their position.
(b) Follow him.
(c) Harass him through the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
2. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
3. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
4. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
5. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the reason he is writing The Jugurthine War book?
2. What does Jugurtha tell his army and what do they do?
3. What happens as fear spreads through Numidia?
4. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
5. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
6. How does the Senate respond to Jugurtha's action towards Adherbal?
7. What does Jugurtha hear about Metellus, what is his response to that and how does Metellus respond to Jugurtha?
8. What does Adherbal do when he runs to Rome and how does that work out for him?
9. How, when and why did a rift develop between Jugurtha and his brothers?
10. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)