|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(b) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(c) Outside the city gate.
(d) At the Senate.
2. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
(a) The government would be constantly changing without it.
(b) There is so much paperwork.
(c) The government has to be smarter than the slaves.
(d) The government has to educate the people.
3. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As the best part of a nation.
(b) As a weak part of humans.
(c) As a brutal, destructive force.
(d) As a beautiful gift from God.
4. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
(d) Begrudging respect.
5. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(a) General for Cicero.
(b) Government informer.
(c) He's not involved.
6. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(b) He assassinates Catiline.
(c) He joins Catiline.
(d) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
7. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) The society became weaker.
(b) Romans do not have great literature.
(c) People began fighting for recognition.
(d) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
8. What does the Senate do about Catiline after Catulus reads a letter from him?
(a) Arrest him and hang him.
(b) Arrest his wife and children.
(c) Declare him an enemy of the state.
(d) Call him in for elections.
9. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
10. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(a) Too many facts have been covered up.
(b) Too much time has passed.
(d) Cicero wanted a biased history.
11. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) With a meeting about tactics.
(b) With a speech.
(c) By placing them in rows with shields.
(d) By passing out food and water.
12. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
(a) The Gauls.
13. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
(a) Tea and sugar.
(b) Beer and water.
(c) Wine and water.
(d) Wine and human blood.
14. What does Catiline do when he hears about his men being killed?
(a) Confronts Cicero.
(b) Turns back towards Gaul.
(c) Marches on Rome.
(d) Makes camp for a week.
15. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
(a) Whether to execute them.
(b) How much they know.
(c) Whether they are guilty.
(d) Whether they should be exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
2. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
3. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
4. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
5. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)