|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Reminding them of past heroics.
(b) Offering combat wages.
(c) Threatening their families.
(d) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
2. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Cicero and his troops.
(b) Antonio and his troops.
(c) Octavio and his troops.
(d) The Senate guard.
3. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) Nothing happens to Piso.
(c) He is sent to Russia.
(d) He breaks his leg.
4. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
(a) They were starving.
(b) They were ignored by others.
(c) They became power hungry.
(d) They became very wealthy.
5. What is Cicero having a difficult time doing related to Manilos?
(a) Convincing him to be on Cicero's side.
(b) Finding him.
(c) Getting good intelligence.
(d) Getting his permission to marry his sister.
6. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
(a) The Spanish.
(c) The Barbarians.
7. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
(a) Being blinded.
(c) Life imprisonment.
8. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
(a) He remembered his noble origins.
(b) It stopped his men from running away.
(c) He was able to keep track of the battle better.
(d) He was a better fighter then most of his men.
9. What do the conspirators do when they hear Catiline plans to burn the city?
(a) Tell the Senate what he is doing.
(b) Switch their support to Cicero.
(c) Leaves the city immediately.
(d) Kill Catiline.
10. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
(a) Go to Africa until it blows over.
(b) Go to the Senate.
(c) Raise an army.
(d) Send out assassins.
11. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) Outside the city gate.
(b) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(c) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(d) At the Senate.
12. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
(a) Wine and water.
(b) Beer and water.
(c) Wine and human blood.
(d) Tea and sugar.
13. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Exile him.
(c) Convert him to their cause.
(d) Kill him.
14. Who is marching towards Catiline and his army?
(b) Metellius Kato.
15. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(c) Slave family.
(d) A family from another country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero work?
2. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
3. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
4. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
5. When did greed take over society, according to Sallust?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)