|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As the best part of a nation.
(b) As a weak part of humans.
(c) As a beautiful gift from God.
(d) As a brutal, destructive force.
2. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
(a) Some of the people were horrified about drinking human blood.
(b) Curius tells his girlfriend about the meeting.
(c) Cicero found out about the meeting.
(d) The higher consuls were upset about the war.
3. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
(a) On his way to Catiline.
(b) When he comes out of his house that morning.
(c) At the city gates.
(d) When he is at the public baths.
4. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
(a) Disclose his request to Rome.
(b) Send their best warriors to Rome.
(c) Get ready for war.
(d) Nothing, it is of no concern to them.
5. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
(a) Food and water.
(c) Carrier pigeons.
(d) Letters from him.
6. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
(a) How tactically correct it is.
(b) How aggressive it is.
(c) He is not surprised by anything in Catiline's attack.
(d) How weak it is.
7. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
(a) Getting criminals, youngsters and the poor on his side.
(b) Taking from the wealthy and giving to the poor.
(c) Killing off important people.
(d) Arming the masses.
8. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
(a) To support their country.
(b) To earn better money.
(c) To earn renown as a hero.
(d) To impress the women.
9. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
(a) Takes them to Antonio.
(b) Takes them to the Senate.
(c) Takes them to the Roman Court.
(d) Has them killed.
10. Why did Catiline kill his son?
(a) His son killed his wife.
(b) He didn't know it was his son.
(c) His son tried to kill him.
(d) On the demand of his girlfriend.
11. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Convert him to their cause.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Exile him.
12. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(b) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
(c) He plans to assassinate him.
(d) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
13. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
14. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
(b) The society became weaker.
(c) People began fighting for recognition.
(d) Romans do not have great literature.
15. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
(a) Patriotic people.
(b) Power hungry people.
(c) People who wanted to serve.
(d) Alturistic people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
2. Where does Petreius first attack Catiline?
3. Why did the government become unsupportable?
4. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
5. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)