|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are strangled.
(d) They are exiled.
2. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
(a) Getting the poor people on Catiline's side.
(b) Raising food for an army.
(c) Assassinating the officials there.
(d) Governing the district.
3. What does Catiline plan to do about Cicero?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Enlist him in his cause.
(c) Make him an advisor.
(d) Assassinate him.
4. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
(a) How weak it is.
(b) How tactically correct it is.
(c) How aggressive it is.
(d) He is not surprised by anything in Catiline's attack.
5. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Hand command over to Petreius.
(c) Meet with his commanders.
(d) Give a speech to the soldiers.
6. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
(a) Cicero was full of passion and brutality.
(b) Cicero was calm and intellectual.
(c) Catiline knew how to delegate tasks.
(d) Catiline was calm and intellectual.
7. When does Antonio declare his injury?
(a) Before the battle.
(b) During the battle.
(c) After the battle.
8. How do the people in question #55 respond to Catiline?
(a) They say no then change their mind.
(b) They say yes.
(c) They say no.
(d) At first they agree then change their mind.
9. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
(a) Has them killed.
(b) Takes them to Antonio.
(c) Takes them to the Roman Court.
(d) Takes them to the Senate.
10. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
(a) They should be imprisoned.
(b) They should have to swear an oath of allegiance.
(c) They should be executed.
(d) They should be exiled.
11. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) More land for their nation.
(b) Their country being free of debt.
(c) Gold and riches.
(d) Total freedom from Rome.
12. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(b) He joins Catiline.
(c) He assassinates Catiline.
(d) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
13. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
14. What does Catiline do after he leaves the Senate?
(a) Begin to raise an army in Rome.
(b) Go see his wife.
(c) Go to Manilus.
(d) Go to Spain.
15. How does the Senate decide Crassus' guilt?
(a) By torture.
(b) With a trial.
(c) With a vote.
(d) By following his movements for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
2. Where are the enemies of Catiline's army?
3. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
4. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
5. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)