|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He is sent to Russia.
(d) Nothing happens to Piso.
2. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(a) A family from another country.
(d) Slave family.
3. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
(a) To know if a war needs to be fought.
(b) For planning.
(c) To understand the enemy.
(d) To keep the belief in the cause strong.
4. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
(a) The higher consuls were upset about the war.
(b) Some of the people were horrified about drinking human blood.
(c) Curius tells his girlfriend about the meeting.
(d) Cicero found out about the meeting.
5. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He assassinates Catiline.
(b) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(c) He joins Catiline.
(d) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
6. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Octavio and his troops.
(b) The Senate guard.
(c) Antonio and his troops.
(d) Cicero and his troops.
7. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
(a) Over indulged the soldiers.
(b) Made it too big.
(c) Disciplined it radically.
(d) Downsized it.
8. What two groups came together to form Rome?
(a) The Britons and the Celts.
(b) The Carthaginians and the Druids.
(c) The Italians and the Germanic Tribes.
(d) The Trojans and Aborigines.
9. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
(a) They were starving.
(b) They became very wealthy.
(c) They were ignored by others.
(d) They became power hungry.
10. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Threatening their families.
(b) Reminding them of past heroics.
(c) Offering combat wages.
(d) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
11. What does Catiline say he will do if he is head of the government?
(a) End debt and the greed of the wealthy.
(b) End slavery.
(c) Create a new empire.
(d) Lower taxes.
12. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
(b) Older people.
(c) The Spanish.
13. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Kill Catiline.
(c) Call for a vote in the consulars.
(d) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
14. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) With a speech.
(b) By passing out food and water.
(c) With a meeting about tactics.
(d) By placing them in rows with shields.
15. What does Catiline plan to do about Cicero?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Exile him.
(c) Make him an advisor.
(d) Enlist him in his cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did greed take over society, according to Sallust?
2. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
3. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
4. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
5. Why did the government become unsupportable?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)