|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
(a) A repressive religion.
(b) Natural inclination.
(c) It was healthier.
(d) An oppressive government.
2. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) They are strangled.
(d) They are imprisoned.
3. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Brought people together with love of their country.
(b) Controlled the morals of the people.
(c) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(d) Put in checks and balances on power.
4. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
(a) Raise an army.
(b) Send out assassins.
(c) Go to Africa until it blows over.
(d) Go to the Senate.
5. How does Catiline finally die?
(a) He is killed fighting on the front.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He is killed by Achilles.
6. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) Nothing happens to Piso.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He is sent to Russia.
7. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
(a) His father was so well known.
(b) The overall poor economy.
(c) The moral decline in Roman society.
(d) The lack of living wages for government workers.
8. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(b) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(c) Outside the city gate.
(d) At the Senate.
9. What does Catiline plan to do eventually in Rome?
(b) Burn it.
(c) Conquer it.
(d) Be elected emperor.
10. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
(a) At the city gates.
(b) When he is at the public baths.
(c) On his way to Catiline.
(d) When he comes out of his house that morning.
11. What does Petreius do after Catiline starts to attack?
(a) Changes his strategy.
(b) Sends in an assassin for Catiline.
(c) Calls for Catiline's surrender.
(d) He does nothing but contine as he was.
12. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(b) He joins Catiline.
(c) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(d) He assassinates Catiline.
13. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
(a) Governing the district.
(b) Assassinating the officials there.
(c) Getting the poor people on Catiline's side.
(d) Raising food for an army.
14. Where does Catiline send his best men?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To China.
(d) Various parts of Europe.
15. What do the conspirators do when they hear Catiline plans to burn the city?
(a) Switch their support to Cicero.
(b) Kill Catiline.
(c) Leaves the city immediately.
(d) Tell the Senate what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sallust view the body?
2. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
3. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
4. Where does Cicero work?
5. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)