|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(a) He's not involved.
(b) Government informer.
(d) General for Cicero.
2. What does Catiline do when he hears about his men being killed?
(a) Confronts Cicero.
(b) Makes camp for a week.
(c) Marches on Rome.
(d) Turns back towards Gaul.
3. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans to assassinate him.
(b) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
(c) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(d) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
4. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Cicero and his troops.
(b) The Senate guard.
(c) Antonio and his troops.
(d) Octavio and his troops.
5. Where are the enemies of Catiline's army?
(a) He is completely encircled by his enemies.
(b) Coming up on his right flank.
(c) Too far to stop him from leaving.
(d) Surrounding him on two sides.
6. Where does Petreius attack Catiline after his initial attack?
(a) On the left wing and in the rear.
(b) Across the entire front.
(c) On the left and right wings.
(d) Down the center.
7. How does Catiline finally die?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He is killed fighting on the front.
(d) He is killed by Achilles.
8. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(b) Slave family.
(d) A family from another country.
9. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
(a) Meet with his commanders.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Give a speech to the soldiers.
(d) Hand command over to Petreius.
10. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
(a) How much they know.
(b) Whether they are guilty.
(c) Whether to execute them.
(d) Whether they should be exiled.
11. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
12. What does Catiline do when he realizes he is overpowered?
(a) He surrenders his army.
(b) He charges to the front.
(c) He slips away to France.
(d) He kills himself.
13. What does Catiline plan to do about Cicero?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Exile him.
(c) Make him an advisor.
(d) Enlist him in his cause.
14. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
(a) Takes them to the Senate.
(b) Has them killed.
(c) Takes them to Antonio.
(d) Takes them to the Roman Court.
15. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are strangled.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) Some are set free, some are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
2. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
3. What does Celer do about Catiline?
4. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
5. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)