|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two groups came together to form Rome?
(a) The Trojans and Aborigines.
(b) The Italians and the Germanic Tribes.
(c) The Carthaginians and the Druids.
(d) The Britons and the Celts.
2. Why did Catiline kill his son?
(a) His son killed his wife.
(b) He didn't know it was his son.
(c) On the demand of his girlfriend.
(d) His son tried to kill him.
3. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
(a) Whether to execute them.
(b) Whether they are guilty.
(c) Whether they should be exiled.
(d) How much they know.
4. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
(a) He remembered his noble origins.
(b) It stopped his men from running away.
(c) He was a better fighter then most of his men.
(d) He was able to keep track of the battle better.
5. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
(a) How aggressive it is.
(b) How tactically correct it is.
(c) How weak it is.
(d) He is not surprised by anything in Catiline's attack.
6. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) The society became weaker.
(b) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
(c) People began fighting for recognition.
(d) Romans do not have great literature.
7. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
8. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
(b) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(c) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
(d) He plans to assassinate him.
9. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
10. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) With a speech.
(b) With a meeting about tactics.
(c) By placing them in rows with shields.
(d) By passing out food and water.
11. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As a beautiful gift from God.
(b) As a brutal, destructive force.
(c) As the best part of a nation.
(d) As a weak part of humans.
12. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(b) General for Cicero.
(c) He's not involved.
(d) Government informer.
13. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
(a) For planning.
(b) To know if a war needs to be fought.
(c) To understand the enemy.
(d) To keep the belief in the cause strong.
14. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
(a) They should be exiled.
(b) They should be imprisoned.
(c) They should be executed.
(d) They should have to swear an oath of allegiance.
15. Where does Cicero work?
(a) At the Roman Court.
(b) The Senate building.
(c) The solicitation Consul's house.
(d) In the merchants' section of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
2. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
3. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
4. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
5. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)