|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
2. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
3. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Threatening their families.
(b) Reminding them of past heroics.
(c) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
(d) Offering combat wages.
4. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) By conspiracy.
(b) By assimilation.
(c) By elections.
(d) Through war.
5. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
(a) Catiline abused his power.
(b) They had a monopoly on a gold mine.
(c) They were considered uncouth.
(d) There was a drought in his district.
6. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(b) Kill Catiline.
(c) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(d) Call for a vote in the consulars.
7. When does Antonio declare his injury?
(b) Before the battle.
(c) After the battle.
(d) During the battle.
8. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) Total freedom from Rome.
(b) More land for their nation.
(c) Their country being free of debt.
(d) Gold and riches.
9. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
(a) Takes them to the Senate.
(b) Takes them to Antonio.
(c) Takes them to the Roman Court.
(d) Has them killed.
10. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(b) He assassinates Catiline.
(c) He joins Catiline.
(d) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
11. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
12. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(b) At the Senate.
(c) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(d) Outside the city gate.
13. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
(a) Governing the district.
(b) Assassinating the officials there.
(c) Getting the poor people on Catiline's side.
(d) Raising food for an army.
14. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(d) Being blinded.
15. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
2. How does Sallust view the body?
3. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
4. What does the Senate do about Catiline after Catulus reads a letter from him?
5. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)