|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(b) He assassinates Catiline.
(c) He joins Catiline.
(d) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
2. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Convert him to their cause.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Exile him.
3. How do the people in question #55 respond to Catiline?
(a) They say no.
(b) They say no then change their mind.
(c) They say yes.
(d) At first they agree then change their mind.
4. Where does Cicero work?
(a) The solicitation Consul's house.
(b) The Senate building.
(c) In the merchants' section of Rome.
(d) At the Roman Court.
5. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
(a) To know if a war needs to be fought.
(b) To understand the enemy.
(c) For planning.
(d) To keep the belief in the cause strong.
6. When does Antonio declare his injury?
(a) During the battle.
(c) Before the battle.
(d) After the battle.
7. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
(a) Send out assassins.
(b) Raise an army.
(c) Go to the Senate.
(d) Go to Africa until it blows over.
8. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
(a) Patriotic people.
(b) Power hungry people.
(c) People who wanted to serve.
(d) Alturistic people.
9. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
(a) Being blinded.
(b) Life imprisonment.
10. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
(a) They became power hungry.
(b) They became very wealthy.
(c) They were ignored by others.
(d) They were starving.
11. What does Petreius do after Catiline starts to attack?
(a) He does nothing but contine as he was.
(b) Changes his strategy.
(c) Sends in an assassin for Catiline.
(d) Calls for Catiline's surrender.
12. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
13. What does Catiline plan to do eventually in Rome?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Conquer it.
(d) Be elected emperor.
14. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(b) Kill Catiline.
(c) Call for a vote in the consulars.
15. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(b) At the Senate.
(c) Outside the city gate.
(d) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
2. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
3. Why did Catiline kill his son?
4. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
5. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)