|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
(a) Getting the poor people on Catiline's side.
(b) Raising food for an army.
(c) Assassinating the officials there.
(d) Governing the district.
2. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Octavio and his troops.
(b) Cicero and his troops.
(c) Antonio and his troops.
(d) The Senate guard.
3. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
4. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Reminding them of past heroics.
(b) Offering combat wages.
(c) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
(d) Threatening their families.
5. What does the Senate do about Catiline after Catulus reads a letter from him?
(a) Call him in for elections.
(b) Arrest him and hang him.
(c) Arrest his wife and children.
(d) Declare him an enemy of the state.
6. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
(c) The Gauls.
7. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) Total freedom from Rome.
(b) More land for their nation.
(c) Their country being free of debt.
(d) Gold and riches.
8. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
(a) Catiline abused his power.
(b) They had a monopoly on a gold mine.
(c) There was a drought in his district.
(d) They were considered uncouth.
9. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(b) Kill Catiline.
(c) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(d) Call for a vote in the consulars.
10. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
(a) Hand command over to Petreius.
(b) Meet with his commanders.
(c) Give a speech to the soldiers.
(d) Take a nap.
11. How does Catiline finally die?
(a) He dies of old age.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He is killed fighting on the front.
(d) He is killed by Achilles.
12. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
(a) Nothing happens to Piso.
(b) He is sent to Russia.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He breaks his leg.
13. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
(a) To impress the women.
(b) To earn better money.
(c) To earn renown as a hero.
(d) To support their country.
14. Why did Sallust become a writer?
(a) He did not want to waste his life.
(b) He wanted to make Catiline famous.
(c) He was too old to do anything else.
(d) He wanted to stir up the people.
15. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
2. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
3. Where does Cicero work?
4. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
5. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)