|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) They are strangled.
(d) They are imprisoned.
2. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Octavio and his troops.
(b) The Senate guard.
(c) Antonio and his troops.
(d) Cicero and his troops.
3. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
4. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
(a) The Gauls.
5. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Controlled the morals of the people.
(b) Brought people together with love of their country.
(c) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(d) Put in checks and balances on power.
6. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
(a) When he is at the public baths.
(b) On his way to Catiline.
(c) At the city gates.
(d) When he comes out of his house that morning.
7. How does the Senate decide Crassus' guilt?
(a) By following his movements for a week.
(b) With a vote.
(c) With a trial.
(d) By torture.
8. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) By elections.
(b) By conspiracy.
(c) By assimilation.
(d) Through war.
9. What does Cathegus think is the best way to forward the conspiracy?
(a) Follow Catiline to France.
(b) Work covertly behind the scenes.
(c) Immediate action.
(d) Kill the entire Senate.
10. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
(a) Older people.
(b) The Spanish.
11. What does Petreius do after Catiline starts to attack?
(a) Calls for Catiline's surrender.
(b) Changes his strategy.
(c) Sends in an assassin for Catiline.
(d) He does nothing but contine as he was.
12. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
(a) Getting criminals, youngsters and the poor on his side.
(b) Killing off important people.
(c) Arming the masses.
(d) Taking from the wealthy and giving to the poor.
13. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
(a) Promise them to listen to what they want.
(b) Promise them a position in his government.
(c) Buy them gifts and send them mistresses.
(d) Give them land.
14. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) Total freedom from Rome.
(b) Their country being free of debt.
(c) Gold and riches.
(d) More land for their nation.
15. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
2. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
3. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
4. How does Catiline finally die?
5. Why did Sallust become a writer?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)