|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rumors of an army coming to Rome do in the city?
(a) Cause hoarding and riots.
(b) Spread panic.
(c) Make the citizens arm themselves.
2. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
3. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
4. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
(a) A government that was too large.
(b) An uneducated public.
(c) A corrupt society.
5. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
6. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
(a) Go to Africa until it blows over.
(b) Go to the Senate.
(c) Raise an army.
(d) Send out assassins.
7. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
(a) When he comes out of his house that morning.
(b) On his way to Catiline.
(c) At the city gates.
(d) When he is at the public baths.
8. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Kill Catiline.
(b) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(d) Call for a vote in the consulars.
9. What does the Senate do about Catiline after Catulus reads a letter from him?
(a) Arrest him and hang him.
(b) Declare him an enemy of the state.
(c) Arrest his wife and children.
(d) Call him in for elections.
10. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) Their country being free of debt.
(b) Gold and riches.
(c) Total freedom from Rome.
(d) More land for their nation.
11. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
(a) Catiline knew how to delegate tasks.
(b) Cicero was full of passion and brutality.
(c) Catiline was calm and intellectual.
(d) Cicero was calm and intellectual.
12. What two groups came together to form Rome?
(a) The Italians and the Germanic Tribes.
(b) The Trojans and Aborigines.
(c) The Britons and the Celts.
(d) The Carthaginians and the Druids.
13. What does Catiline do when he hears about his men being killed?
(a) Marches on Rome.
(b) Makes camp for a week.
(c) Confronts Cicero.
(d) Turns back towards Gaul.
14. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
(d) Begrudging respect.
15. Where does Petreius first attack Catiline?
(a) On the left flank.
(b) On the right flank.
(c) From the rear.
(d) Down the center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
2. What troops does the Senate send out?
3. What does Catiline do after he leaves the Senate?
4. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
5. How does Sallust view the body?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)