Short Answer Key
The Conspiriacy of Caitiline I-XII
1. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
2. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
3. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
The government would be constantly changing without it.
4. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
It is written with a bias.
5. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
Power hungry people.
6. Why did Sallust become a writer?
He did not want to waste his life.
7. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
8. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
They were starving.
9. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
Catiline abused his power.
10. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
A corrupt society....
This section contains 2,297 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)