|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War XXV-XXXVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(b) Return home.
(c) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
(d) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
2. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
3. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Convert him to their cause.
(d) Exile him.
4. What does Micipas tell his two biological sons when he is on his deathbed?
(a) To learn from Jugurtha.
(b) To keep any power from Jugurtha.
(c) To kill Jugurtha.
(d) To follow Rome's laws.
5. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(b) Put in checks and balances on power.
(c) Controlled the morals of the people.
(d) Brought people together with love of their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
2. How does Jugurtha get a better deal from the Senate?
3. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
4. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
5. Where does Cicero work?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)