|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War XXV-XXXVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To investigate Calpurnius.
(b) To take over Numidia.
(c) To kill Jugurtha.
(d) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
2. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) With hard work.
(b) By putting in a large number of years.
(c) Through unlawful means.
(d) By inheriting the position.
3. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) They don't tell him anything.
(b) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
(c) To come to Rome.
(d) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
4. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
(a) Give them land.
(b) Promise them to listen to what they want.
(c) Promise them a position in his government.
(d) Buy them gifts and send them mistresses.
5. When did greed take over society, according to Sallust?
(a) When Catiline took over.
(b) When the empire was too old.
(c) When the empire became too big.
(d) When the prince's died in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troops does the Senate send out?
2. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
3. What does Memmuis do about Jugurtha?
4. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
5. What does Jugurtha do to Hiempsal?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)