|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conspiracy of Catiline L-LXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) People began fighting for recognition.
(b) The society became weaker.
(c) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
(d) Romans do not have great literature.
2. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Reminding them of past heroics.
(b) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
(c) Offering combat wages.
(d) Threatening their families.
3. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(b) They are strangled.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are exiled.
4. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
(a) A corrupt society.
(b) An uneducated public.
(c) A government that was too large.
5. Why did Sallust become a writer?
(a) He wanted to stir up the people.
(b) He did not want to waste his life.
(c) He wanted to make Catiline famous.
(d) He was too old to do anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catiline finally die?
2. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
3. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
4. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
5. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)